Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crime in South Africa...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crime in South Africa...

A friend who moved from Australia to South Africa sent me this link about how bad crime is in South Africa. I'm trying to talk her into moving back to Australia. And I thought Mexico was bad!!

http://crimexposouthafrica.org/
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

It's really bad there. I have an anecdote to share.

Whilst in Prague, my cousin had a friend from South Africa over. As you may know, the Czech Republic is well-known for owning a lot of old bangers and shit heaps, i.e. the Skoda Estelle and the Trabant. The wonders of Eastern Bloc technology...

One day, whilst walking down the street about 300m away from my cousin's house, one of the aforementioned shitheaps backfired. The SA friend dropped to his knees and elbows and put his hands behind his head. He was convinced that a firefight had started, and therefore had acted as he would have done back home.

It seems funny on face value, but if you think about it, you realise that there must be some serious issues for people to be that conditioned to violence...

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    It's really bad there. I have an anecdote to share.

Whilst in Prague, my cousin had a friend from South Africa over. As you may know, the Czech Republic is well-known for owning a lot of old bangers and shit heaps, i.e. the Skoda Estelle and the Trabant. The wonders of Eastern Bloc technology...

One day, whilst walking down the street about 300m away from my cousin's house, one of the aforementioned shitheaps backfired. The SA friend dropped to his knees and elbows and put his hands behind his head. He was convinced that a firefight had started, and therefore had acted as he would have done back home.

It seems funny on face value, but if you think about it, you realise that there must be some serious issues for people to be that conditioned to violence...
    My God, I have heard stuff like that before (like if you read the book There Are No Children Here) it's scary to think about growing up somewhere like that. Its scary to even to know that exisits.

It seems even worse like the worst parts of Rotterdam.... I heard things that if you just walk through a street you'd get robbed twice

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    It seems even worse like the worst parts of Rotterdam.... I heard things that if you just walk through a street you'd get robbed twice
    Getting robbed is not as bad as getting killed...
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    A friend who moved from Australia to South Africa sent me this link about how bad crime is in South Africa. I'm trying to talk her into moving back to Australia. And I thought Mexico was bad!!

http://crimexposouthafrica.org/
    well!!! once an animal always an animal,Africa is one of the poorest country and we have white people living there with expensive stuff,what do you think it going to happen,,,just remember you cant change wiled animals..
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    well!!! once an animal always an animal,Africa is one of the poorest country and we have white people living there with expensive stuff,what do you think it going to happen,,,just remember you cant change wiled animals..
    Oh deary me.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I can't believe you just said that.

EDIT: My friend said she's moving back to Australia by Christamas. YAY!!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I can't believe you just said that.

EDIT: My friend said she's moving back to Australia by Christamas. YAY!!!!
    Hector my friend how are you bro!!!! long time !what I'm trying to say is,this is what happens when most people are poor things like this well happen, we should not be surprised it all..sad but true.

Hector my friend how are you bro!!!! long time !what I'm trying to say is,this is what happens when most people are poor things like this well happen, we should not be surprised it all..sad but true.
    I see what you mean now, were all animals its just that peticular mix of very poor and very rich that brings it out. I think some people thought you were being a little racist.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    I see what you mean now, were all animals its just that peticular mix of very poor and very rich that brings it out. I think some people thought you were being a little racist.
    sorry my bad,i did not want it to sound like that it all,I'm not racist it all just racist towards d!!khead people,,

Omg.

That's horrid man, it's going to take alot of work to earn respect back from some people here.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Mabye you should elaborate...unless you meant what i think you meant.

my recollection of africa having lived there for almost 16 years almost my whole life is much more peaceful than living in america in the two year i have been here ,

in africa, the only person who is feared is a hustler . what about here?
    Last edited by kigango123; 08-24-2006 at 06:54 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    my recollection of africa having lived there for almost 16 years almost my whole life is much more peaceful than living in america in the two year i have been here , with the planes and the bombs and the terrorists and the rednecks and the white and black.

in africa, the only person who is feared is a hustler . what about here?
    im sorry you're so unlucky bro!!!! as far as the planes an terrorists goes,we're doing what they to us.what about here?

Thread Information