-be able to move efficiently in the outback
    -move efficiently in snow without haulbacks
    -go up a slant and uneven hill
    -sit at least 5 people
    -cannot get stuck in mud
    -as non-gas guzzling as possible
    -low range (added by crisis)
    -Gas Mileage
    -move in a certain level of water- (i don't mean moving like a boat or anything, if it can move in an low level water which vehicle can do, then thats good)
    -very important (reliable- as reliable as a Toyota, i don't mean just go choose a toyota)
    -for example go over a few trees that dropped on the ground
    -you can actually buy it, and then if you want to mod and tune it later on then thats okay. so what i'm saying is, its not something that a person cannot buy
    -looks is not a requirement

The Choices are:
    -Lexus LX470
    -Jeep Grand Cherokee
    -Jeep Liberty
    -Jeep Commander
    -Toyota FJ Cruiser
    -Toyota Land Cruiser
    -Humvee
    -Hummer H1
    -Hummer H2
    -Land Rover Ranger Rover
    -Range Rover Sport
    -Land Rover LR3
    -Land Rover Defender
    -Honda Ridgeline
    -Nissan Xterra
    -Nissan Titan
    -Kia Sorento
    -Hyundai Tucson
    -Hyundai Santa Fe
    -Ford F-150
    -GMC Yukon (Denali if u want to add)
    -Ford Expedition
    -Chevrolet Tahoe
    -Chevrolet Suburban
    -Subaru Forester
    -Subaru Outback
    -BMW X5
    -Mercedes Benz G55
    -Mitsubishi Montero
    -Mitsubishi Outlander

I know that some or a lot of these cars don't really deserve to be on this list, but i just putted on whatever i could think of. If theres anything missing then you're welcome to just add on another one. When we get to an average vehicle that everybody agrees on then i'll make a poll if its neccesary at that point.
    Last edited by Ziostilon; 08-27-2006 at 06:15 PM.

Guest Guest
    Land Rovers (EXCEPT Sport, thats just a behemoth with road tyres and all the good off-roady bits taken away) are a god bet, the Discovery is apparently better off-road, although i don't know if its better than the defender, it really does depend what you do with it, Land Cruisers are ok (in AUS they swear by them), Hummers are crap off road (although the H1 isn't that bad, they break easy and there are better on the list.

I haven't commented on the cars i haven't heard of (ie the American one's like the GMC) or ones i haven't heard off-road reviews of, but i'm GUESSING that the Lexus, RR Sport, G55 (i say this because it's AMG, as iirc the G-Wagen was made for the German Army) and X5 are soft-roaders, more designed for the "i'm 10 foot tall and twice as wide so get out of my way!!!!!" than off-road prowess

Hope that helps!

Toyota Truck (Hilux) with a set of rear seats taken from a 4Runner and bolted onto the bed.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I hate to brake it to you but if theres enough mud anything will get stuck in it. That being said Id love to have a H1.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    I hate to brake it to you but if theres enough mud anything will get stuck in it. That being said Id love to have a H1.
    haha no kidding, i have a 4 wheel drive v8 4runner, and it got stuck in mud on my way out of the high school parking lot. it was only about 6 or 7 inches of mud too. i wasnt impressed with its offroad ability at all

Open areas- H1
    Tight spaces- Wrangler
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    X5 if you want a laugh.

Otherwise Land Rovers just as Jakg said earlier.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I have a Nissan pathfinder and I use it for offroading..havent had problems with it!
    It has a 4 cylinder Z24 engine
    3 inch suspension lift
    3 inch body lift
    Safari Snorkel
    Headers
    33x12.50 tires on 15x7 wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What's this for?

^^ that's what i'm talkin bout'. Those pics pretty much show half of my requirements shown in my first post in this thread. So u guys don't need my words just look at the pics and then decide.

Nice pathfinder, but i'm looking for vehicles ranging around last year to coming years. So only 2005-Future
    But sometimes only the old cars can get the job done, quite a few of todays cars, while i can't name any right off the spot, can't exactly do the job.
    I also read on an review that Range Rovers aren't reliable, and then the G Class can be debatable of its reliabilty

And is it just me, or is the guy in the yellow shirt in the second photo from the left have a pistol holstered on his belt.
    Last edited by Ziostilon; 08-26-2006 at 08:47 PM.

Thanks!
    What's this for?

did u have any reliability issues with the pathfinder?, cause i'm just lookin' at it and i'm really amazed at what it can do.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Land Rovers are good, and from my (brief) experience, the Ford Broncos are pretty good as well, but held back a little by that POS TTB front suspension. Another one I have heard mentioned is the Suzuki Samurai.

Hold on a bit and I'll dig up my 4-Wheeler Magazine that had their picks of the best off-roaders by manufacturer.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

My G/F's Toyota's lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ziostilon
    did u have any reliability issues with the pathfinder?, cause i'm just lookin' at it and i'm really amazed at what it can do.

The weakest point of the pathfinders is the direction, but I havent had problems with this car!
    What's this for?

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.4x4review.com/vehicles/Lexus/05-Lexus-LX470.asp
    The Land Rovers and Range Rovers are fun if you have your own full-time mechanic, but with their past showings in quality surveys from various groups, we really can't recommend even looking at them. Mercedes G-Wagon, which may or may not have better reliability than the current models; it's an unknown, and that's probably not good given Mercedes' troubles.
    what do you think about this statement

Thread Information