Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [pc/xb360] Gtr2

[pc/xb360] Gtr2

GTR, the succesfull Simbin racegame, will soon release a new version of the game in which Team Ultimatecarpage.com made it's name by winning both constuctors as the drivers championship.

specs
    from an italian article:
    - Season 2003 and 2004
    - Better circuits, graphic, kerbs reaction
    - Night races even more spectacular thanks to a new illumination engine
    - A completly new wheel (pneumatic) physics engine, completly rewrote from scratch !
    - They invested a lot of human resources for a new netcode and it's yet improved of 20% in comparison with GTR
    - Improved graphics for cars and tracks in comparison with GTL and GTR , they says it's impressive
    - New tracks (28 !!!) , and all old tracks has been retouched at the point that they seems INEDHIT (some of the new tracks : Dubai, Zhunai, Valencia)
    - New damage physics, with microfiber damage also. More spectacular and realistic
    - All official GT cars are available from the beginning. You can win also other cars (didnt understand how)
    - Game will be on the stores and not online cause they want to sell it also to all people to make also young simmers aware of this products and not only of the old gtr users.
    - New DYNAMIC WEATHER system. All reflection on the track when i rains are done in real time and when the rain finish to fall, the trajectory will be dry more and more after each laps and depending on the cars present on track and temperature. Not like in GTR where there was a fixed number of laps to clear the track/trajectory. All this will be simulated not only to a GRAPHIC LEVEL but also to a REALISTIC PHISICS LEVEL
    - Added some more game modability to satisfy also new Simmers but they didnt want to go against old Simmers. So they did all in 1 game. Between this new game modality there is the DRIVING SCHOOL also.
    - There wont be any 3d Audio, only stereofonic audio like it's predecessor but with better campionaments of sounds.

Screenshots
    Screenshots from http://www.otaugames.com, january:

4players.de:

10Tacle 12 january:

Movies
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11319568/gtr2.rar.html
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11736117/...-XVID.zip.html <-- same video, but better quality, you need the xvid codec

3D screens: http://www.panogames.com/gtr2/ (You will need Quicktime VR)

Release Date: September 2006! (yes thats soon )

Links
    Official website
    Demo Download
    Last edited by Roy Visser; 08-27-2006 at 02:24 AM.
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

discuss this supurb game here!

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

Do you have an exact date ? I'm seriously thinking of buyint it along with a new steering wheel. BUT i want to get a feel for the new wheel first using other games

By the way: Do you have any suggestions for an affordable wheel with really heavy controls ? (i prefer them heavy since you get much more feel)

Wait, it's coming out for the s-e-X-BOX 360?!>!??!!1Eleven!!??

Guest Guest
    how much is "affordable"?

in £ a Momo or DFP (the best wheels for less than £500 atm) are £60, the Momo has better Paddles (the DFP just has little buttons which i hear are easy to double-press), but the DFP has 900 degree roatation (as a pose to the Momo's "Usual" 270)

The G25 comes out soon for $300, which promises to be a really high quality wheel with 2 pedals (most wheels only have 2), 900 degree rotation and a shifter (and H gate, not just sequential, however the wheel has paddles). From what i hear on the LFS Forum (one of them has a G25 as a beta tester), they can't say much as there under an NDA BUT they really like it

oops, let me say that all of those wheels are made by Logitech, DFP is the Driving Force Pro (remember the PRO because the normal one isnt that good), and although it's advertised as a PS2 wheel it works on the pc fine

Remember you want Force Feedback NOT rumble or the like as they are a world apart!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    how much is "affordable"?

in £ a Momo or DFP (the best wheels for less than £500 atm) are £60, the Momo has better Paddles (the DFP just has little buttons which i hear are easy to double-press), but the DFP has 900 degree roatation (as a pose to the Momo's "Usual" 270)

The G25 comes out soon for $300, which promises to be a really high quality wheel with 2 pedals (most wheels only have 2), 900 degree rotation and a shifter (and H gate, not just sequential, however the wheel has paddles). From what i hear on the LFS Forum (one of them has a G25 as a beta tester), they can't say much as there under an NDA BUT they really like it

oops, let me say that all of those wheels are made by Logitech, DFP is the Driving Force Pro (remember the PRO because the normal one isnt that good), and although it's advertised as a PS2 wheel it works on the pc fine

Remember you want Force Feedback NOT rumble or the like as they are a world apart!
    Affordable for me is under 100€. The DFP is advertised fr 129€ by logitech. I'm thinking of getting the wheel second-hand like i did with my last one. Are there any wheels that have a clutch-pedal by the way ?

EDIT: i found a nice DFP for 70€ but how does the connection to the pc work ? Whats with drivers ?USB-plug for playstation too ? Do you have more details ?
    Last edited by drakkie; 08-27-2006 at 02:55 AM.

Guest Guest
    USB connection, get the drivers (version 4.6 is the latest) from wingmanteam.com and it works a charm, but i recomend you wait for the G25, as DFP prices should fall by a bit

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Affordable for me is under 100€. The DFP is advertised fr 129€ by logitech. I'm thinking of getting the wheel second-hand like i did with my last one. Are there any wheels that have a clutch-pedal by the way ?

EDIT: i found a nice DFP for 70€ but how does the connection to the pc work ? Whats with drivers ?USB-plug for playstation too ? Do you have more details ?
    I've got both wheels, and i'd seriously recommend the Momo wheel if you are going to use it for the PC only. I've raced with both, and quite intensely too. The DFP takes ages to setup for your likings, while the Momo has standard profiles in every racegame. Its a simple click in the game to make it feel the way the developers want you to feel it. Although the DFP has 900 degree rotation, i've never used it on anything else then GT4. Jeroen Ursem still drives with the DFP, and he also just uses the 200 degree mode. The Gearflaps of the momo are easier to use aswell, and i think it looks better then the DFP.

mediamarkt sells them for 119 euro at the moment, which i think is quite a bargain for such a quality product.

Momo Racing

Logitech DFP

If you still want the DFP, it uses an usb port indeed, and you can download drivers both from logitech, or from the wingman team (which i recommend) If you buy it second hand, make sure all calibration works the way it should work (test before buying!) Since the dfp pedals are known to have problems with the gaspedal only giving 90%.

The G25 is out of your budget

Logitech G25

But i do know a good steeringwheel which hasnt been mentioned yet, but should be really good, the Thrustmaster Rallye GT (RGT)
    Some of my mates from the ZAC2 league use this wheel to, and are very satisfied with it. Also, it is the official steeringwheel for GTR2! With a new price under 100 euro, it is within your budget!

The Thrustmaster Rallye GT

btw, expected release date: latest friday of september
    Last edited by Roy Visser; 08-27-2006 at 03:15 AM.

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

Guest Guest
    oh yes, pedals

the momo pedals SUCK, they have a known (unfixable) defect that makes them only register 90% after a while, but a brand new DFP won't have it (they updated the DFP's pedals), however you could get an old M$ Sidewinder Wheel (it's quite good actually) and use it until you find a cheap wheel, then keep the pedals (like i did)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    oh yes, pedals

the momo pedals SUCK, they have a known (unfixable) defect that makes them only register 90% after a while, but a brand new DFP won't have it (they updated the DFP's pedals), however you could get an old M$ Sidewinder Wheel (it's quite good actually) and use it until you find a cheap wheel, then keep the pedals (like i did)
    thats a known FIXABLE defect, which i have a perfect guide for. You do not need to open them or whatsoever. Do you really think 75% of the simracers use a wheel which has such a big defect? Watch out with giving advice if you don't know everything.

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

Quote Originally Posted by PoRsChEnUt
    I've got both wheels, and i'd seriously recommend the Momo wheel if you are going to use it for the PC only. I've raced with both, and quite intensely too. The DFP takes ages to setup for your likings, while the Momo has standard profiles in every racegame. Its a simple click in the game to make it feel the way the developers want you to feel it. Although the DFP has 900 degree rotation, i've never used it on anything else then GT4. Jeroen Ursem still drives with the DFP, and he also just uses the 200 degree mode. The Gearflaps of the momo are easier to use aswell, and i think it looks better then the DFP.

mediamarkt sells them for 119 euro at the moment, which i think is quite a bargain for such a quality product.

Momo Racing

Logitech DFP

If you still want the DFP, it uses an usb port indeed, and you can download drivers both from logitech, or from the wingman team (which i recommend) If you buy it second hand, make sure all calibration works the way it should work (test before buying!) Since the dfp pedals are known to have problems with the gaspedal only giving 90%.

The G25 is out of your budget

Logitech G25

But i do know a good steeringwheel which hasnt been mentioned yet, but should be really good, the Thrustmaster Rallye GT (RGT)
    Some of my mates from the ZAC2 league use this wheel to, and are very satisfied with it. Also, it is the official steeringwheel for GTR2! With a new price under 100 euro, it is within your budget!

The Thrustmaster Rallye GT

btw, expected release date: latest friday of september
    Thanks man I'll conclude with waiting for that Thrustmaster wheel.The DFP and Momo appear to hav some problems,though we dont really know about the thrustmaster. BUT that one seems pretty perfct for my needs to be honest. i dont like spenidng tuns on stuff like that. In the next month i'll start selling my old wheel. Its a Logitech Wingman GP.Anyone interested ?

btw a quick search on kieskeurig.nl places it at around 120€

Im off now watching the Grand prix. Cya later guys.Thx for the advice !!!
    Last edited by drakkie; 08-27-2006 at 04:52 AM.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I would recommend the MOMO wheel, it just has that chunky feeling due to being thicker, better than that of the DFP. So far no problems with it except the LEDs can get a little too bright at dark times so I placed some tape over it. The only drawback is the small amount of buttons compared to almost any other wheels.

I hope they kept the 993 GT2 in GTR2....
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Thanks man I'll conclude with waiting for that Thrustmaster wheel.The DFP and Momo appear to hav some problems,though we dont really know about the thrustmaster. BUT that one seems pretty perfct for my needs to be honest. i dont like spenidng tuns on stuff like that. In the next month i'll start selling my old wheel. Its a Logitech Wingman GP.Anyone interested ?

btw a quick search on kieskeurig.nl places it at around 120€

Im off now watching the Grand prix. Cya later guys.Thx for the advice !!!
    some of the thrustmasters seem to get a sort of double clicking when downshifting, youll get a new one then though

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

any news drakkie?

only a week left before this game comes out

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

sooo will this be releaseed on PS2?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information