Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Production Racing in Australia

hi daz
    what's you'r plan for next year i might be able to help! as for a manual i've got 2006
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

Just at the 'thinkin hard and tryna find all the bits' stage. Have a rolling XD Falcon shell, a 302 cleveland, a shitload of spare time, and not much more so far. Basically need some contacts for a picking up a few things, ie shocks n springs, 9 inch diff, wheels, grp c kit, a few engine parts and the steel to build up a cage. Ive got a Xe front end, space in my shed to do all the work, just need the components to put the car together, and hopefully develop the car during the season.
    Plans for next year? Depends how much I can get done to the car but itd be nice to roll it out for the first race next year even just for a test and tune. And then get really serious in 08.
    How much for the manual?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Hey Charged, Im going to try and get out to Mallala on the 28th. Are there many V8's racing or is it all mazdabators and datto's?
    Oh, and does anyone have a cams manual they wouldnt mind parting with for a small sum, ie a slab of beer? Im trying to put something together for next year.
    All diffrent things, there will be a mixture of V8's ranging from lh/lx torries to commodes and the angriest 340 V8 Vg Pacer you will ever hear. Rotors, sixes and turbo 4's in IPRA. The other classes have heaps of V8's in historics, sports cars( Nice cobra runs in that with a stone brothers V8 prepped engine), Porkkas, V8 TR* trumpies etc.

Hopefully my mate will have his SR20DET powered PBR clubman out for the meet. The engine just needs some wiring done and its ready to go.
    Only made a lazy 613hp on the engine dyno with its final tune.

[IMG][/IMG]

The commodores for sale the guy is building up a VZ Commode with a full house LS2
    http://www.iprasa.mx.com.au/for%20sale.htm
    Last edited by charged; 09-28-2006 at 07:18 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

got pics of the vz?
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Not yet will get pics and post next year when the car is finished.

Just at the 'thinkin hard and tryna find all the bits' stage. Have a rolling XD Falcon shell, a 302 cleveland, a shitload of spare time, and not much more so far. Basically need some contacts for a picking up a few things, ie shocks n springs, 9 inch diff, wheels, grp c kit, a few engine parts and the steel to build up a cage. Ive got a Xe front end, space in my shed to do all the work, just need the components to put the car together, and hopefully develop the car during the season.
    Plans for next year? Depends how much I can get done to the car but itd be nice to roll it out for the first race next year even just for a test and tune. And then get really serious in 08.
    How much for the manual?
    What class you thinkin about Daz 3J by any chance.

How much for the manual?
    Mate, welcome to the world of IP in OZ ...that's of course assuming that you decide to go down that route. Some advice, get out to the the meeting that charged is talking about..talk to as many people as you can, not just in IP but others as well. Then go to a couple of club meetings...after that, sit down and think very hard about what you want to do. Make sure you have your budget sorted, there is nothing worse than having a half-completed car. ...would love to see a Falcon in IP, God knows we need more of them
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

I was at the meeting that formed the under 2 litre regs at Hidden Valley a few years ago which turned out to be a pretty nifty little formula. Had a bit to do with the HQ's with a few of the guys up there, helped build a few 202's, which ended up having the top speed down the straight during the Aus titles there a few years ago. Was right into it for a few years, but never really got a chance to race, but when I did I had a few people afterwards say they haven't seen someone so consistently on it and precise in there lines, which included the club president at the time, so I guess thats a plus.
    I have no idea what class black honda, thats why Im after a current manual so I can check out the regs and see where what my plans are and under what category they fall, Im kinda thinkin about a Grp C rip off, but Ive got no idea where that would fall. Only different thing that I want to do to the car which I'm not sure they were allowed to do in the old days is have a dry sump.
    And I definately want a passenger seat in there too... Ive been thinkin bout doing this for ages, and now that my coupe is gone I have the space available in my shed to do it.
    Does anyone know what type of steel you have to use to build a cage?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

hi daz
    mate if i where you i'd go to my local cams office and buy one cost $50 if you aren't closs to adelaide then go to www.cams.com.au on the home page in the top left corner a link to paper forms from there you can download a pdf form and cams will mail it to you cost $55 inc postage one more thing i would wait untill the new year to buy one then you'll get the latest rules , as for the cage cdw or cds 350 mpa tube or chrome molly 4130,650 mpa tube plus it has to be certifide by a cams manufacturer.

sorry daz didn't see the last bit of you're post must be half asleep if you really want i'll post it to you just get me you're address

Improved production nationals @ Baskerville Tasmania

heading over to Tassie to give the S.A guys some support for the weekend. Will post pics and a summary of races when I get back.

GO THE SOUTH AUSSIE BOYS

Cheers
    John

Just had a quick look on natsoft, saw that Qlder Steve Thompson had a win. , but didn't appear on the sheets after that . Hope you had a good weekend charged, did you behave yourself in two head city?
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    ...Hope you had a good weekend charged, did you behave yourself in two head city?
    Thats a bit nasty???
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    Just had a quick look on natsoft, saw that Qlder Steve Thompson had a win. , but didn't appear on the sheets after that . Hope you had a good weekend charged, did you behave yourself in two head city?
    Mate what a fantastic event, the track really suited cars that carried good momentum through corner. You would of waxed plenty of cars there Blackhonda. Didnt really get on the turps was giving James Sutton a hand fixing his box in his R100 saturday night until late. Scotty Flemming was on the pace straight off the trailer, his thing is a very well sorted car. The SA guys had a mixed bag James had a top final and went from 24th to 9th. The reigning IPRA champ and SA No1 Adam Alan was getting quicker all weekend, but was punted off on lap 2 by fellow sa racer Mark short when he tried braking 50 metres later into the last corner. He had it on fire for 50 metres then backed it in backwards into the corner and
    t boned the rear of Adams little dattoThe gun set up seemed fairly soft suspension settings and increased ride height. If Adam had a diffrent set of springs he would of been real quick although he cracked a 59sec lap. he could only change rebound and compression on his shocks.

The tassie people love their motorsport, they had a massive crowd ( 5000 plus)and you could watch all the action on the whole track from the comfort of your car,which was handy because it was f#ckin cold. Even the hamburgers were good

The best bit we found out on the plane trip home is you can hire Baskerville for $110 a day or $55 if your a member. Mallala is $880 for 1 car or 2 grand plus for 2 cars Will post some pics soon, to tired to do it tonite.

Ive heard the Nats are at QLD next year or maybe Hidden Valley NT in conjunction with the V8 supertaxi round. If it isnt at Hidden Valley hopefully it will be at Lakeside, now that would be a definite for Sharperto Racing next year. It would be great to catch up for national meet

Heres some pics of the weekend by a pro photographer who covered the event.
    http://tassied.smugmug.com/gallery/2006454
    Last edited by charged; 10-15-2006 at 05:58 AM.

Baskerville Pics

Sorry about the quality ,Im a no photographer and theyve been downsized due to 56k
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information