Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Production Racing in Australia

Improved Production Racing in Australia

Some pictures from the Morgan Park Raceway at Warwick, Queensland 27Aug06. These cars are club-level motorsport competitors, not professionals. The class is dominated by rotary powered cars, usually RX-3s (as in the first pic) and Rx-7s. The last three show the mid-pack with the black Honda in the middle. Driven by my brother, he got 2 first in class (under 1600cc) and a top ten finish in the last race, not a bad day at the office.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blackhonda; 08-28-2006 at 01:56 AM.
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

Second race of the day, this is an uphill left hander bend under a bridge off-camber corner with a blind exit. The yellow RX-7 is the race leader, he's just about to drift the car under the bridge , the last picture, if you look at the left side of the dust cloud, that's his left front wheel you can just see..from behind.
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

The scream of Vtec

The paddock area/dummy grid. The Westfied photos are for LotusLocost...I think it's a 4AGE Toyota engined car. The Sports car is a Chiron. The two remaining cars are Nissan powered Sports Sedans, tube-framed chassis, the first is a Holden Gemini and the other clearly an E30 BMW. Hopefully later in the week I'll have some in-car video from both the Honda and another car....

The scream of Vtec

Great photos mate ,cant beat club level motorsport. That track looks the goods, love to get up there one day
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

nice pics, wish i was there, warwick is a bit far, but still...
    well i was in sydney anyway
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Morgan Park is a great little track. It's a bit over 2km long, with elevation and no real straights to speak of...so that means that the big-horse power cars can't do a "Millenium Falcon" and nick off into the distance Warwick itself is about 2 hours drive from Brisbane, a nice drive in the country...just watch out for the Warwick traffic branch when you get near the place. Oh and like the rest of south-east Queensland, the place could desperately do with some rain.

The scream of Vtec

cool, I never realised that this was on!
    Otherwise I would have tried to go...

We need more motorsport such as this is Aus!

Nice pics Mark!

Seems like you had a good weekend with two wins
    Thanks for the westfield pics
    4age powerd locosts is actually a great combo..
    Can't beat the original though (the BDA)

Thanks for sharing

Video Morgan Park

heres a video out of a rx3 that raced at Morgan Park, look for the guy in the RX7 having a bit of a moment coming on to the straight. Al so Steve Thompson (THE ENFORCER) making his way past the RX3, gotta love that Ray Laird 13BP.

We would definetly have to wind down the boost in the Rollas for that track Looks like fun though

http://www.therapymasters.com.au/rac...4fe66536e83443

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    heres a video out of a rx3 that raced at Morgan Park, look for the guy in the RX7 having a bit of a moment coming on to the straight. Al so Steve Thompson (THE ENFORCER) making his way past the RX3, gotta love that Ray Laird 13BP.

We would definetly have to wind down the boost in the Rollas for that track Looks like fun though

Mate thanks for the link, it show Morgan Park quite well (just a bit of a shame there wasn't more dicing up front ) Steve Thompson started well back, behind the Honda, you can see him in one of the pics in my second post. The best racing was mid-pack, although the RX3 of Justin Keys (the green one) did quite well too I thought that perhaps we should open up this thread to any IP racing, so feel free to add anything you think is relevant.
    For the local Brisbane guys, it's on at MP again weekend of 30Sep/01Oct..so get out there to see some club-level motorsport, you won't be disappointed.

The scream of Vtec

Good posting and pictures!
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Some more pics from the weekend.
    #1. The RX3 with the red bonnet from which the video is taken. This is the same race as the video
    #2. Some of the top 10.
    #3. This is the RX3 shown at the start.
    #4. A 5.7litre Commodore just beating some of the u1600cc tiddlers
    #5. The black Honda
    #6. The blackhonda....
    Last edited by blackhonda; 10-22-2006 at 04:48 PM.

The scream of Vtec

Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    For the local Brisbane guys, it's on at MP again weekend of 30Sep/01Oct..so get out there to see some club-level motorsport, you won't be disappointed.
    I always put a shout out normally for the SA forum people, but alas so far none have taken up the offer. Sadly many people if its not V8 Supertaxis its not motorsport( which I kinda like also). Personally I love state level stuff, heaps of variety in the classes, some very unique cars and you can walk the pits and have a chat all for 10 bucks. Will be going to the Fujitsu round @ Mallala, we wont be racing though, to bloody dear. Then its the IPRA NAts @ Baskerville Tas on the 13-14 Oct, wont be racing also but there about 5 guys racing and 20 sa guys going over for the weekend ( will be a very big Saturday night ). Then its the last state round on Oct 20 twilight meet.

Quote Originally Posted by charged

Thank you for that video charged!!
    That was incredible.. Good quality driveing an video
    Oh the crible in the right foot dosn't get any wors than this...

Thanks again.. You made my day

New Sandown IPRA overs record, WTF by a South Aussie

Thought I would chuck this here in the offical IPRA thread, one of our local guys headed over the border this weekend for the Vic State round, he absolutley creamed the previous record by .8 sec . Congrtas Tony well done He also just broke the local record at Mallala with a 1.15.75, hes certainly got that little Mazda humming

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony did it again

55 Anthony Wallis (SA) Anthony Wallis Mazda 808 3126 6 8:07.3615 5 1:19.5164R

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...9/2006.SAND.R1

Thread Information