Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Production Racing in Australia

Cheers will do, I will need all the help I can get
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by ballast
    that's how i'll spend my xmas break and i love it somewhere in there i'll find time for the family and friend's and to have a few drink's and watch the cricket
    so how about the rest of you racer's outhere what's you're plan's
    I'm skiing in Canada fell over heaps of times, have kids zooming past me at 500kph making me look like a complete goose...have diced with crazy Canadians on their highway system, driven on ice and packed snow for the first time in my life (give me oil on Morgan Park anyday!)...met almost the entire population of Australia here in Big White (where have all the Canadians gone )...but having a ball...even if it is -7 (which locals tell me is quite warm and pleasant!)...drinking Canadian beer, which is quite good and dodging Chinese snowboarders...which is not good!...Merry Christmas to all...I am thinking of you (honestly!!!)
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^
    Is that finding the apex

It will definetley be slowly, slowly. The sad bit is when the nephews race we hardy get anyone to watch them and they can drive a bit. Every man and dog I know reckons their coming out to see my first race, like I need that pressure. Even a few guys that race in IPRA said their not entering, as they want to see it from stands They all came down to the workshop yesterday and where reving myself and older brother about the nerves in form up and how you cant really remeber your first race as your mind is spinning a million miles an hour.
    My first race, got to the first corner, let all the fast guys who were starting from the back through, one of them in a Mini spun in front of me on the first corner and I nailed him with the towing eye at the base of the A pillar, race over. I was not a happy man, the marshals pulled me away from the other driver coz they thought I was going to throttle him But it did get progressively better from there...the best advice I ever got was "hasten slowly"...and ballast will attest how slow I can be ..but there are no prizes for pranging your car...
    Just remember what Yoda said: "Feel the force Luke"..which really means ease your way into it John.
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

The scream of Vtec

yeah you got him big bro but me and the'guru' got you back in the 2nd race and you went alright and you not that slow but as he say's john take it slow and speed will come.
    must be a slow holiday mark if you've got time to post on this forum i would have thought all that skiing and chasing snow bunny's would have you to tired to be posting oop's forgot you are married so no snow bunny's for you so you better get into it big guy and start living up to you're nick name shreader anyway have a good time and i'll talk to you when you get back oh by the way got a new and better job
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

Quote Originally Posted by ballast
    it be a slow holiday mark if you've got time to post on this forum i would have thought all that skiing and chasing snow bunny's would have you to tired to be posting
    That's what you think!! .....besides today is my day off, just a little sore ...it's snowing outside at the moment, like something out of a movie. Congrats on the new job

The scream of Vtec

I've had a look on the bigwhite webcam. I take it thet's you, Mark, at a 90 degree angle to all the other people.
    To finish first, first you have to finish. Frank Gardener

A race is won on the last lap, not the first. Same Bloke

well here we are in the new year and the first qld round is just 4 week's away and the honda's almost ready to go.
    this seasons racing will all be run at morgan park (well all the cams rounds)
    and that got me to thinking if we have 3 track's available in brisbane why is it that all of the state champ round's have to be run at morgan park (qld raceway and lakeside are now aasa run) this has to be bad for club motorsport as the cost and bordem of going to one track only must drive competiter's away from cams add the cost of licensing for club level motorsport and you've gotter start thinking of the alternatives?
    so any thought's out there in this forum.

Slight deversion of topic . The Silvia lives . The m/sport "Guru" came round yesterday and she started first go . Of course after the sorting of about 1998
    problems. Sounds good

great brett see you at morgan park on the 24/25?

Clint has broke his leg wakeboarding last Saturday , spiral fracture 15cm long just up from the ankle to halfway up his shin bone, he is spewing as the first event is in March 20 so he will have to miss it. he has a soft plaster on at the moment and is getting a fiberglass one fitted next week.

My cars going up to Allan Engineering to get the engine mounts fabricated and engine box fitted about mid Feb

Also Mallala will be run by another motoring body and Clem Smith doesnt want to run it anymore, he just wants to lease it.
    Dont know if thats a good or bad thing, only time will tell
    Last edited by charged; 01-27-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Unlikely, still plenty of things to do, Tail shaft, seat mounts,dyno tune, blah,blah,blah

stop with the excuses brett

sorry to hear that john but at least it's not life threatening

Just what I said, you can still walk, the pain will go and it will be as good as new

g'day all got some news of intrest club champ rounds for this year will be 5 rounds, 3 at morgan park(cams) and 2 qld raceway (aasa).
    the nationals will be held at morgan park with the f/vee's the only other car's on the program so won't that be fun,there is also some news on tyre's but untill cam's makes up it's mind it's only speculation so watch this space.

Thread Information