Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just drove a..." Thread

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    The Nissan Navara Outlaw is called the Frontier over here.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Drove my bosses 1997 MR2 Bathurst edition around sydney yesterday.

Quite enjoyable. I dont really fit in it though.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Some recent ones:
    2006 Ford GT
    Lotus Exige, supercharged, ecu tuned, caged
    Race cars:
    Porsche 914-6 2L, not sure on the year
    Porsche 911 2.8L, not sure on the year
    1952 Aston Martin DB2
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

have i told you lately that you suck.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Thing about that is that you dont have to be in a wet field..

There are great inventions.. called corners.. RWD + right foot = win.

However as IIRC you can't keep a little FWD off the kerbs maybe you shouldn't try that.
    I'm not going to get 'silly' in something I've been lent and you're referring to IWantAnAudiRS6
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Porsche Cayman 2.7 & Porsche 911 (997) Turbo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Motion & Emotion

how did you find the cayman?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

It was a bit of a squeeze to get into but comfy none-the-less, I was slightly nervous taking the hot-seat but once going it was totally un-intimidating, made a great noise, felt plenty fast enough (but then again, I'm used to 100bhp in a fairy lardy 5dr family Hatchback), very grippy, nicely weighted steering and a nice feedback, brakes were okay but felt soft and stodgy after BumCars slightly overly sharp anchors. The way it cornered was beggars belief to me, even taking corners travelling at over a tonne it felt stable, flat, nimble, adjustable and well balanced. It was fun in a whole other sense (fun to me is usually chucking my under-powered FWD Mommy-Mobile about back roads, surprisingly capable considering...) For me it basically re-defined 'driving'.. That is until I was chucked the keys to the big boy...

Motion & Emotion

i reckon if you'd driven it for a week you'd be wanting more power - i tried the base model cayman, then had a go at the APR cayman, such a stark difference!
    how did you go with the 997?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Possibly, but 250bhp is still a big step up for someone used to 150 less... The 997 was a whole other beast... Basically take everything I said about the Cayman and whack it up to 11. The rate of speed is just insane, the way it picks up and goes is just unbelievable, I put my foot down in 5th and I was up to 146mph(last time I checked the speedo before looking for the BRAKE! Boards) in no time at all. The tourque certainly made itself felt. It made my stomach flip everytime I felt the Turbos spool, heard it begin to woosh and felt my internals being rearranged, Epic barely touches it...

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i reckon if you'd driven it for a week you'd be wanting more power - i tried the base model cayman, then had a go at the APR cayman, such a stark difference!
    how did you go with the 997?
    Been trying to find out how much power the APR cayman makes but the internets have failed me. Is it significantly more than the cayman S?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Possibly, but 250bhp is still a big step up for someone used to 150 less... The 997 was a whole other beast... Basically take everything I said about the Cayman and whack it up to 11. The rate of speed is just insane, the way it picks up and goes is just unbelievable, I put my foot down in 5th and I was up to 146mph(last time I checked the speedo before looking for the BRAKE! Boards) in no time at all. The tourque certainly made itself felt. It made my stomach flip everytime I felt the Turbos spool, heard it begin to woosh and felt my internals being rearranged, Epic barely touches it...
    now you need to get yourself into a GT3 quite different, pretty much as fast too. make it a hat-trick
    Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Been trying to find out how much power the APR cayman makes but the internets have failed me. Is it significantly more than the cayman S?
    i wouldn't have a clue, it's still n/a the one i got to drive, but it's a cayman S with some engine tweaks, so that plus all the suspension work - you can see why it was a lot better than the base model haha.

edit: added pic, it has better wheels now.
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 09-05-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    onw you need to get yourself into a GT3 quite different, pretty much as fast too. make it a hat-trick

i wouldn't have a clue, it's still n/a the one i got to drive, but it's a cayman S with some engine tweaks, so that plus all the suspension work - you can see why it was a lot better than the base model haha.

edit: added pic, it has better wheels now.
    I've always liked the cayman, I just think it would be better with more power. Drop in a GT3 engine or something. To be fair, I rode in a base model, so maybe the S version would fix some of that. Some day when I'm rich and infamous I'm going to get one and surprise some 911 owners.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    To be fair, I rode in a base model, so maybe the S version would fix some of that.
    i would say yes! had chicktronic base model cayman as courtesy car, i know the APR isn't really a fair comparison but just the extra power and the like really made it come alive.

attached scan of the same workshops GTi. actually that could suprise a few 911 owners in the right hands..

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Drove my girl's Echo recently...surprisingly peppy.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information