Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just drove a..." Thread

I just drove my mates modified Nissan 200SX Turbo...
    It FLYS!!

This is actually my first post to this forum, just created an account -- still on a high after the drive.

He's modified the engine, exterior, interior, suspension and wheels...

ENGINE MODIFICATIONS: T28 Garrett high flow Turbo, 600x300 Front mount intercooler with stainless steel pipes, Turbo Smart boost controller, SSR Blow off valve, Greddy turbo timer, Greddy boost gauge with permit, Apexi SAFC 2
    Blitz pod filter with permit, 3" turbo back exhaust, Gs Short shift kit, Heavy duty clutch, Aluminium radiator overflow tank, Engine Dampener.

SUSPENSION AND WHEEL MODIFICATIONS: Tein fully adjustable front and rear suspension (top model), Front tower strut brace, Rear tower strut brace, 18" Rims, Kumho Tyres: Ecsta SPT 225/40/R18...
    nissan200sx-engine-bay.jpg nissan200sx.jpg

Also a few mates have put together a very spam like Website that has some sick ass turbos on it, and a bit of info on the mechanics.
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 08-03-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: took out a spammish link
    Jimmy P

'0X Mini Cooper and a 1990 Civic Wagon.

Mini: I came. I drove. I came.
    Fantastic little car, the few things I could fault were a very small footwell and clutch pedal and the idiotic central speedo, which is too cartoonish for me.

Civic: I came. I moved the steering wheel, depressed the throttle pedal, and vigorously pressed the brake pedal. I barely steered, accelerated and stopped.

This car was quite bad, but I feel like it has the potential with light weight and an allegedly peppy engine to be fun. However, the one I drove seemed to be riddled with every sort of mechanical malady imaginable and thus was quite disappointing.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Welcome to the forum parneye, Where abouts in Australia are you from?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Fantastic little car, the few things I could fault..
    .. was it's ridiculous huge size
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Fantastic little car, the few things I could fault were a very small footwell and clutch pedal and the idiotic central speedo, which is too cartoonish for me.
    you did see there is a digital one on the tach right? i never used the big one, the only people that it is in the sightline for are drivers behind you.

and clutch, it is still one of the smallest vehicles on the road in the US. i think before the Smart came over, it was the shortest vehicle on sale in the US.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    you did see there is a digital one on the tach right? i never used the big one, the only people that it is in the sightline for are drivers behind you.
    Yeah, I just meant aesthetically.
    As my friend said; it would even embarrass Flava Flav.

and clutch, it is still one of the smallest vehicles on the road in the US. i think before the Smart came over, it was the shortest vehicle on sale in the US.
    true, although that is kind of sad in itself
    no denying it's a fun car, it's just... not a mini :
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yes, but BMW 0.5 Series lacks ring.

Have one with the sat-nav.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Drove a first generation CR-V for about 10 minutes. My dad was bringing it home from the shop after fixing it for someone who lives close to us.

I didn't like it. The little SUV sits too high up, brake pedal was placed too high up and too far to the left.

Steering feel was actually really okay- steering I think is actually sharper than the Forester that we have. Suspension was okay too, compared to the Forester. It feels underpowered though, even when compared to a turbo-less Forester. And that's pretty bad. I dunno, it feels like it wants to pick up on the way to 30 mph, but then that's when it drops off.

No wonder why I never really liked the CR-V.

A Nissan Tiida. Better auto gearbox than the work Corolla, willing enough engine for the motorway. Steering is light, but not vague. Acceptable hire car.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

haha cyco had the exact opposite view
    i wasn't really a fan either, but found it indistuingishable from the honda spazz or the chaveo/barina

Well, the work Corolla is a POS, so.. not much competition. It's nothing great, but it got here.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Volkswagen Golf GTI TDI (fourth generation).

This is the car powered by the old 8 vavle 1.9 litre diesel in 150bhp guise. And they do indeed show. Below 2,000rpm there's pretty much nothing but from there the engine pulls very strongly. However there's not much point in pushing after 4,000rpm so the powerband is quite narrow.

Classic uninteresting Golf handling, and fine gearbox, not terribly smooth and fast but easy to operate with quite a light clutch that is modulated easily. Ride comfort ok as well, since this didn't have massively big wheels and the suspensionwas moderately soft. Bodyroll was a tad present for my liking, bearing in mind it was a GTI.

One thing I can report though. The car had done 135,000km and was about 7 year old and it still felt as tight as a drum. Overall it had excellent quality materials and fit and finish.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I drove my first car ever yesterday.

A mk 1 Golf 1.3L
    I just turned 18 so I'm kinda at that age where I need to start getting a license and stuff.

Btw the names Michael

Thread Information