Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just drove a..." Thread

True I thought so as well, but then why not put narrower tyres in the first place? I mean 205s feel unnecessarily big for this car. Especially when our similarly powered i30 has 185s.

By the way the lack of noise was weird too, but it is not completely silent. There's a small whistle that increases with speed which is clearly audible, at least with the windows down.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    True I thought so as well, but then why not put narrower tyres in the first place? I mean 205s feel unnecessarily big for this car. Especially when our similarly powered i30 has 185s.

By the way the lack of noise was weird too, but it is not completely silent. There's a small whistle that increases with speed which is clearly audible, at least with the windows down.
    Mybe it has thoose tires on acount of the weight?

Although i've read somewhere that it weighs around 1500kgs, so there's really no explanation for thoose tires.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Official spec sheet says 1600kg, which is quite a lot for a Megane-sized car...
    Visca Catalunya!

A John Deere 6430 at the farm i work at.

John-Deere-6430-PREMIUM,510f2468.jpg

Beast.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Just drove a 2010 GMC sierra which I was excited about cause I have always wanted a proper truck and now since driving it, I think I am gonna be visiting the local dealer tomorrow.

Not really drove, but got a ride in a Series 1 E-Type 4.2 Roadster.

It was a joy to hear the straight six. And of course, no driver aids whatsoever...!
    Visca Catalunya!

Now having driving lessons in a Citroen C2.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

A New Holland tractor at the farm i work at, my driving instructure said on my first lesson that i drove the car like a tractor. You drive a tractors in a diffrent way than a cars.

New holland j.jpg New holland.jpg
    — Jeremy Clarkson

About a year and a half ago, my Old Man (he's 73) traded his 2009 535i for a 2010 BMW 535i 3.0L with the twin turbo ...... needless to say, I was asked to take it for a blast and offer an unbiased review.

I'm still tryin' to figure out exactly where they're hiding the damned JATO rocket on those things........
    2001 Ford Mustang Cobra Coupe
    #1436/3867
    http://www.modernengineuity.com/fm/12-2003.html

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Oh boy...I work rental cars now so I have driven a lot of different cars. Highlights? V6 Mustangs, Ford Fiesta, Toyota Prius, Infiniti M35, Lincoln Town Car, Fiat 500, Cadillac CTS.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    '12 Grand Caravan. Surprisingly nice, surprisingly quick...Chrysler's Pentastar six isn't that bad.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I just got a ride in a... new SLK. My friend works at Benz and has a 12 month lease on one. HE just got it Tuesday. I have only seen one other on the road. It is fast, it looks pretty damn good (he got it in a nice though douchey shade of red), and it has a hard suspension. The exhaust note has that nice rasp when you let off the gas. It was fun to go that fast; I've only been in one faster car: a 997 Turbo. The Testarossa I had a ride in a few years ago was nowhere near as quick obviously. We did not sample the roof being down. A nice tight and compact cabin.

A few weeks ago, he also had access to the Smart ED, so some friends and I all got to drive it. Slow, but pretty neat to drive an EV again. It was damn quiet, had a hard as a rock brake pedal with regen brakes (still weird to get used to), and was fairly chuckable. Smarts are shit but this was a novelty.

I also got to drive a GMC Canyon/Chevrolet Colorado (I forget which, but they are the same). The owner said it was a V6 (which makes no sense) but I figure it was the V8 - not I5 - judging by the rate of pickup it had. It was actually surprisingly fast and cool to drive. Good visibility, and I had never driven a pickup truck before. It was a pleasant surprise.

Porsche Downtown has the new 911s in the showroom, so I got a glance at one from the road as one of my delivery stops is right beside the cluster of luxury dealers on the east side of downtown. I was neither impressed nor disappointed. It just simply "was."

I drove an i30 wagon on tuesday.. a rather competent Corolla rival. I wanted to hire the Mito, but it was being mended...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I drove an i30 wagon on tuesday.. a rather competent Corolla rival. I wanted to hire the Mito, but it was being mended...
    I think you could've been far more disappointed with the Alfa than the Hyundai.

I wonder how the estate compares to the hatchback.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's longer.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information