Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just drove a..." Thread

Drove a second generation TL Type S yesterday for about 10 minutes.

I am smitten with love.

Such an awesome car.

^ speaking of honda's i was lent a DC2 ITR a few days ago. forgot how much i love the freaking things
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    ^ speaking of honda's i was lent a DC2 ITR a few days ago. forgot how much i love the freaking things
    That must have been awesome. Heard that there were a couple of Integra Type Rs in America, the 4 round headlight versions but are super rare.

Thinking back, I've only driven about 4 cars.

The Type S, my dad's ancient Accord and the 2.5 TL, and the Toyota Corolla at Driver's Ed.

So, this is my first taste at horsepower.

And boy did I enjoy it, even if I didn't floor it.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    That must have been awesome. Heard that there were a couple of Integra Type Rs in America, the 4 round headlight versions but are super rare.
    i didn't think they were that rare?? i know someone in the US with two.
    there's a fair few here (i've got pics from a honda cruise that i was driving the DC2 on, never bothered to put up)
    the one my friend lent is build number #150 of 151 special edition models made at the end of 2001, in black <3
    So, this is my first taste at horsepower.

And boy did I enjoy it, even if I didn't floor it.
    haha, i like when you're used to normal econocar power and jump back into something with a little more go
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i didn't think they were that rare?? i know someone in the US with two.
    there's a fair few here (i've got pics from a honda cruise that i was driving the DC2 on, never bothered to put up)
    the one my friend lent is build number #150 of 151 special edition models made at the end of 2001, in black <3

haha, i like when you're used to normal econocar power and jump back into something with a little more go
    Nice, in black.

I've never seen a Type R. Ever.

Although I never do trackdays and stuff, and I've only been a driver for less than a year. So you probably have seen more.

Power is fun, if not addicting.

Nice, in black.

I've never seen a Type R. Ever.

Although I never do trackdays and stuff, and I've only been a driver for less than a year. So you probably have seen more.

Power is fun, if not addicting.
    never? huh they're rarer than r32-r34 GTR's now that i think about it; and not as money go up for sale.
    power is fun especially in a light body..

here is the teg i was loaned: i'll tag the other honda pics onto the end of my other thread
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice.

I see a tuned CRX in the back too. Not really liking the wheels though.

there were alot of nice honda's; a few turbo'ed tegs and civics, type R's, etc
    but, there were the requisite rice boxes too two CRX's in particular..

A knackered 200,000mi old E30 BMW 316i or 318i(not sure) 5spd & a slightly less knackered last-gen Ford Sierra Saloon 2.0i Ghia Automatic. Both on over-inflated & bald tyres on a very smooth, wet and oily surface.

Both great fun around the skid-pan although the BMW was very small and I hated how the pedals were offset to the right of the seat and the steering wheel to the left of it. Made for a very strange drive I must say. I found the Sierra much more fun. Harder to make slide but once it went, it went, and was far more satifying to correct, even with rather stiff steering. It just felt so lazy, it was great, pull out onto the skid-pan, turn in, flex right foot, it'd shift down, back end out and then just flick the wheel round with one hand ease off and around it comes. Loved it. Despite the fact that the door pull took a chunk out of my right elbow af I flung the wheel round on my 1st slide... When me and this other guy from college were on our own in the Sierra we had some fun, on my last lap I went around the wide, U-Shaped corner gave it some and then held it in a massive power-slide, was soooo awesome. This other guy spun it twice and sent tyres flying with the tow-bar, it was so so fun. I'd rather like one of those Sierra's actually. One thing I did like about the BMW however, was the little MPG read-out, watching that swing about wildly as the tyres let go was fun.

Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 06-19-2008 at 12:30 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

2008 Volkswagen Polo 1.4 TDI 5 door.

We had it as a courtesy car because the A6 had to go to the dealer because some lights had broken down.

Anyway, this afternoon I took it for a drive and I have to say I'm not impressed. The interior it's not exactly insipiring altough the quality is fine. In the back there's plenty of space but the boot is tiny. The driving position is strange, you sit high up and it's not really comfortable but the seats are ok. The clutch though is hopeless, it has a very awkward use.

As for the drive itself the car quite comfortable, but like most german cars (and for some reason especially VAGs) it's easily upset by small bumps. It's not quite as bad as the A6, but for a small supermini it's surprising. Especially if you consider that the handling itself is nothing to write about. It's more predictable than fun, no matter how hard you try you can't get the back to play in the corners. The steering and the brakes though are quite good.

The engine is probably the worse bit of the car. It's an old three cylinder diesel with the pumpe duse system. It makes you remember everything that's wrong with diesels. It's harsh, noisy and unrefined and below 2000rpm there's biblical turbo lag. Above that though performance is quite good bearing in mind it must have about two and a half horsepowers. To get it going at a decent pace though you have to use the gear lever, which isn't the slickest of the gear changes but it's ok.

Overall a compelling option, but I can't quite understand why would anyone go for it instead of the similar but cheaper, and in my opinion better, Seat Ibiza.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ferrer, you'd make a half decent semi-comical car reviewer.

a Smart ForTwo
    and last week, the new Chevrolet Aveo Hatch
    and a 3dr Toyota Land Cruiser
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

what did you think of the new Aveo, I like the look of it, waiting to pass my test before taking a 1.4 for a test drive at the dealer 0.2mi from the college gates
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I drove an N13 pulsar after selling the silvia.

Broke down leaving the dealerships driveway. Not very inspiring.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

My Sigma...around a corner it feels like a boat, it sounds like it will explode if you go over 3000rpm, but its got a suprisingly smooth ride for a 25 year old car. That all important statistic, the 100-140kph takes about 40 seconds to a minute. And if the auto box is playing up you can't really go over 80kph. Luxury motoring here!

Thread Information