Thread: Alfa Romeo 75 Racing project

Alfa Romeo 75 Racing project

Most of my best friends are Alfa Romeo drivers and lovers (as I am), and one of my friends came up with this idea: He knew someone who raced with a Alfa Romeo 75 2.0 Twin Spark

And now... He's selling it! It has a roll-cage, and it corners like hell. Some adjustements to the motor make it accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 8 sec's, but still, the car's speciality is cornering...

So, now we're trying to get €2500,- to buy the car, some money to get out racing licensies. The great thing is: the car has also got numberplates and everything, so we can also use it to race the public road

Good idea???

BTW: the car is in perfect shape (quite rare thing for an Alfa Romeo)
    [B]...Cuore Sportivo...[/B]

Bart did this 75 race at Italia a Zandvoort last year?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Bart-AR
    Good idea???
    So, now we're trying to get €2500,- to buy the car, some money to get out racing licensies.
    GOOD
    use it to race the public road
    BAD

Keep public road driving safe, for you and everyone else
    What about road rallies ? Are there many of this type of even so you CAN take on the challenge of racing on public road and limit the danger to others.

Good luck !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

[QUOTE=Bart-AR]http://www.alfa75.info/107672fe0.jpg[/IMG]{/QUOTE]

Excellent website. I much enjoy reading/seeing anything about the 1980/90s touring cars. Didn't know much about the ITC Alfa Evos until now. Pity the first 75 Turbos didn't do so well in the 87 WTCC and pity there was a rule change in '88 that put them into the top class against the RS500s. With more development, and in class 2 rather than the Sierra class, the 75 Turbos could have been competitive in the '88 ETCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Bart did this 75 race at Italia a Zandvoort last year?
    Could be... But, this is not the car. The pic's there to give an example, I don't think there are AR 75's in the US (are there?).

The 75 was available in the US, they even raced in IMSA with turbocharged 75s. A number of those are currently being raced in the Netherlands.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    The 75 was available in the US, they even raced in IMSA with turbocharged 75s. A number of those are currently being raced in the Netherlands.
    hmz, ok. Well, I can tell you this isn't a turbocharged one, just a 2.0TS (chiptuned and things like sportexhaust, airfilter...)

Too bad... We're not going to buy the car, because of (expected) financial **** and the car wasn't totally 100%.

Now, i'm here, crying out loud... Well, guess i'll have to keep on racing with my own ride now, not too bad either i guess.

Also 2.0 twin spark, 143bhp Still have to chip it, up to 154bhp

go for it, y did u even ask if it was a good idea. if my fav racing car was for sale at that price (yeh i wish) i would bye it in a second!!!!

I would buy it IF I just had the cash. To bad, to own 1 car here (in Holland) is expansive enough (fuel, taxes, taxes, taxes, APK) And especially an Alfa Romeo (tires, troubles with opening left-front window, tires, dynamo, tires...)

iŽm building my own 75 imsa

That looks very nice, I have seen a couple of them out on the track and they are pretty damn quick.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information