Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there any way to get itunes on a non motorola

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brandisher
    I had the same problem with this a few weeks ago.
    1. Open any folder then go to tools, folder options, click on the VIEW tab
    2. Deselect the "Hide extention to known file"
    3. Take your itunes file then click rename and just change it from .whatever it is to .3gp format
    4. Put it on your phone and it should work in the player. If not change it to .mp3 format
    seeing as .3gp is a video file, and .mp3 is a video file, and all youve done is rename it, not convert it, i can't see what the point is

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    seeing as .3gp is a video file, and .mp3 is a video file, and all youve done is rename it, not convert it, i can't see what the point is
    You are not just renaming it, you are converting the file of it to whatever the format was to a different format. The only problem with itunes .m4a format is that you can't set it as your ring tone. I have tried it and it doesn't work but it will play songs on the phone.
    I'm a real boy!

Guest Guest
    You are not just renaming it, you are converting the file of it to whatever the format was to a different format.
    no your not, your just renaming it - why do you think there are speciallist tools to convert audio if all you have to do is rename the file? just renaming it doesnt magically make ti that format, sometimes it ignores the extension and plays the file with the original extension, othertimes it just wont work

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    why do you think there are speciallist tools to convert audio if all you have to do is rename the file?
    You are just changing the way it is being played. It doesn't work if you change it then play it on windows media player. You have to play it on your phone to see if it works.

I tried it on my Samsung T-809 phone and it worked well, if you don't believe me and think that it doesn't work then don't try it. I'm just saying it worked for me and my friend's phone; it might work on yours. What's the harm in trying it out and not working? Its better than spending 4 hours. If it fails you can always change it to back to its original format name.
    I'm a real boy!

Guest Guest
    You are just changing the way it is being played. It doesn't work if you change it then play it on windows media player. You have to play it on your phone to see if it works.
    what i mean is that you arent converting the file, calling a .wma an .mp3 doesnt MAKE it an .mp3, it just pretends to be one

And i spent 4 hours installing new firmware, not converting stuff (well, the firmware took 10 mins, but findind the motorola software they use at the factory wasnt so easy!), plus i was on the verge of buying a Rokr because i thought that a small mp3 player would be handy, and of course i realised that i would rather try a couple of hours doing it that way than pay £100 for a new phone (ok, so i could sell the old one for £60, but still, i couldnt get a £10 and hour job, so it would be better for me to do it the cheap way

Time is money and I value my time for life is precious and I would rather cough out money and have time to have fun rather than go through the long process to figure out how to make something work. Kids don't think of it now but when you get older you relize how you valued your time of the past and wished to change it.
    I'm a real boy!

Thread Information