Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Need Money

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    No you wouldn't. If you could have any car as your first, you would get a Bugatti Veyron.

A rather silly cover-up.
    Ah, you cut to the core of me.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Well I'm almost 16, and I'd like to get a car somewhat soon after I turn 16 (by 17 for sure), but I need money. Sure my parents will contribute a big chunk, but to get something I want, I need to go above and beyond.

So I figure I need to earn more money. I've got about $1,800 saved up (now that my camera took a huge chunk of that) which is obviously a fraction of what I need. So what are some good ways a 15 year old can earn money? I already wash the cars and take care of the neighbor's dogs when they leave. And doing manual labor for my dad's company I can earn $8 an hour. Thus @ $8 an hour (and about $20 per hour washing cars) To earn enough for the car I want, I need to work a full time job (2,000 hours a year) for a year at $8 an hour. But there has to be a way to earn more than $8 per hour without graduating high school/college yet right? I would sell drugs, but what with it being illegal and all, that leaves me with legal activities. (Damn if only I could be a crack dealer...)

Anything you guys do for extra money? I'll probably end up saving until senior year or mid senior year so that I will have enough.

FYI, here is the EXACT color/leather/19" combo I want, if I get my dream car (doubtful):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...20630238QQrdZ1

I suppose I could offer photography services, since I made about $50 an hour at it once...? I just really need some good ideas..

ok, end rant...
    You can't get rich if you do everything legal

But nice choice, I would like an M3 as well. But I can't afford it now, and when I can, I'll probably have differant priorities.
    Last edited by CAS; 09-02-2006 at 04:57 PM.

who the hell would want an M3 for their first car, even if they could afford it? well, lets say who the hell on these forums anyway. i thought this site was for people who enjoy driving/the thought of being able to drive (for the underage ones)? if thats the case, then why would you choose something so bland to learn the ropes in? forget the expense, it might be just about doable but you really shouldnt do it.

look at the facts. which are you more likely to die in- a small hatchback with no safety aids and a 1.4 litre engine, or a big, heavy saloon like the M3?

and now that you've got the answer, which is more exciting to drive? exactly. ok maybe thats a matter of opinion. but for me, driving doesnt mean going fast in straight lines, it means having ultimate control over your car, and thats not what you get with a BMW. you get to put your foot on a pedal, and the car decides how you pull off. or you can slam on the brakes, but you're not stopping the car, the car is. uh oh! you're under/oversteering! what do you do? nothing, the car has already sorted it out.

how very boring... but in the small hatchback, things are so very different. today for example i nearly aquaplaned myself right off the road, and if i had been used to 'driving' a fully automatic car, i probably would have crashed, but i didnt because i know what to do in that situation, though its not exactly rocket science. and the time some guy in a polo wanted a race, he might have pulled off just in front of me at the lights, but i caught up because i kept the car on the verge of spinning then shot past him shortly after, and he never caught up... yeah, you can do that in an M3, or do i mean an M3 can do that, if only it had someone to put their foot on the pedal?

i think i might have made my point. if not- sitting in the "driver's" seat of a moving car isnt fun, actually driving a car is.

then again, i'm going on my own experience of BMW's, i'm not too sure if the M3 has the same extent of control over what you do as the other ones do, but i've heard as driver's cars go, they're not the best by a long way.

-edit-
    if i came across as not knowing what i'm talking about, its because i'm quite tired. but the point i at least tried to make still stands, if you can figure it out.
    Last edited by neema_t; 09-02-2006 at 06:50 PM.
    owner of the most unique corsa in hemel hempstead - its completely mod-free

Thats a great colour combination for a M3. If I were to get one it would be carbon black with that exact interior and rims.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

That's probably my second favorite combo, but I don't feel like washing it 2-3 times a week to keep it clean so it's the magic grey dirtyness hiding coor for me

That's probably my second favorite combo, but I don't feel like washing it 2-3 times a week to keep it clean so it's the magic grey dirtyness hiding coor for me
    lazy bastard

although I'd probably do the same because cleaning my car right now is a pain.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Black sure does look good though... its tempting...

I work at McDonalds for $7.40 and hour, work for my dads contracting company occasionly for $10 an hour (in cash), Mow grandparents and uncles lawn whenever they are away (almost everyweek in the summer and some of the spring) for $20 each (this is the only time I get to drive anything even if it is a lawn tractor). And I still won't be able to get a decent car when im sixteen(in 10 months). I have to put $100-$150 a month into a fund for school. I have to pay for drivers ed ($600) and when I get my license I have to give my mom money for my insurance. I also have to maintain my BMX and MTB, maintain my Rollerblades (sounds odd I know but I have $400 aggressives and parts cost a fortune), and I have drums to take care of, plus my $200 RC Monster truck needs a bunch of new parts after my little incedint with it. And i need money for things like food. So like most kids I will have a beater because my parents are giving me little to know money for a car. Your lucky for even being able to think its slightly possible to get an M3.
    If you're in control you're not going fast enough.

How about a brand new Mazdaspeed3 MyPorsche? Or is that to cheap for you?

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t
    or a big, heavy saloon like the M3?

Except that it's a coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by pergarec
    It can also be called a 2-door saloon- if it has a boot on it, it's a saloon.

And the CLS is a 4-door coupe...

Where's this world going...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    How about a brand new Mazdaspeed3 MyPorsche? Or is that to cheap for you?
    I actually really like the speed6's they're pretty awesome, but I can only find them new or in 06 model, and I want a used car. The 3 would be alright, but i'm just not crazy about it's looks

Quote Originally Posted by pergarec
    Yeah that guy's post didnt make much sense...I would much rather drive an M3 than a 1.4 litre tiny hatchback with no options electronics or smg transmition...what kinda question is that to ask on a forum full of car enthusiasts?

Black sure does look good though... its tempting...
    You make it sound like your just about to go out and buy one of these cars. Nobody cares about your 'money'.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information