Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Money

I don't believe there is a 16 year old in the world that can work for a BMW M3. Most 16 year olds with an M3 probably mooched it off of one of their parents. This is a lost cause, unless you can convince your parents, I wouldn't bother.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    I don't believe there is a 16 year old in the world that can work for a BMW M3. Most 16 year olds with an M3 probably mooched it off of one of their parents. This is a lost cause, unless you can convince your parents, I wouldn't bother.
    Why exactly dont you think someone can work hard and get something they want?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I didn't think that...
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Work your ass off for it so then you can say you are better than other people, cause that's what it's really about right?

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    I don't believe there is a 16 year old in the world that can work for a BMW M3.
    I didn't think that...
    Really...? sounds like you pretty much said that...?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Work your ass off for it so then you can say you are better than other people, cause that's what it's really about right?
    Exactly.

I know you don't want to hear it, but screw the M3 bro.. it's not worth it. Maybe when you're 18 or so you can think about it, but for your first year or two, just get a beater that you can whip around city-streets. That way, you don't care if you ding it up and chances are, the gas mileage/insurance will be good.

Hell, my Pontiac Bonneville is a FWD, 5-seater sedan that has little if any performance capabilities, but I still call it the White Stallion and drive that mother-fu**** like it's hot.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    It's not a good choice working your balls off trying to buy something you can't afford, especially for a first car. No wonder how many times you say you'll be safe, sooner or later, you will damage a first car.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Because I'm not most kids.
    No offense intended - but thats a little high and mighty.

I worked in Fast food and Retail for about 4 years now - I was EXTREMELY lucky to recieve a car for my 18th birthday, but I still have to save around $1000/yr to pay it's bills (Rego, Insurance, any little repair jobs).

I'd go retail over fast food, but you have to realise you will be entering the work force at the bottom rung. While I agree it's good to have standards it might be time to lower them a bit.

It's good to have a dream car but you'll be unlikely to find a decent M3 at a price you can afford in a decent time. Aim lower - it's still cool to drive American, you know
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    No wonder how many times you say you'll be safe, sooner or later, you will damage a first car.
    Definitely. For 99% of the time while you're driving, I'm sure you'll be cautious, but it's always that damn 1% of the time that you get distracted or some idiot cuts you off leading to a fender-bender.. or worse, a serious accident.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Because I'm not most kids.
    Then you seriously need to pull your head from the deep recesses of your arse. That kind've attitude will get you nowhere. Suck it up and go flip burgers or be a checkout chick.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

your like me MP, i want to buy an M3 too but instead i have to get A's/B's in my exams in June and go to a good uni then my parents will buy one for me but currently i am bombing around in a Micra which doesnt even have ABSs which i found to my cost last night....
    As for a job i got the perfect CV/resume with the perfect grades and i am struggling to get a decent job that can give me enough money for a social life let alone for a M3...
    Best thing to do is get a sh*tty little car, like mine, to get use to driving and then buy a nice car after about a year or so of driving... before i started to learn how to drive i wanted to get a nice fast sports car the day i passed but after taking some lessons i have realised that its hard enough trying to drive safely and carefully in your first year let alone also worrying about if the car is going to break into a slide, a la powerful RWD car...Also the insurance is going to rape you it will rape me to in a year or so but i will, hopefully, at least have one year NCB which will hopefully lower it...
    Finally that M3 is awesome and MP if you like it then go for it i am sure it will be possible to get a decent chunk of cash in a year it will be hard but if you really want it then it wouldnt be hard plus the statisfication of working hard for something then getting it is unbeliveable...
    Last edited by Clique; 09-02-2006 at 02:32 AM.
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Even if you can get that amount of money, I think there are many more intelligent ways for a 16 y.o. guy to spent €30,000 than buying a BMW M3.

Quote Originally Posted by Clique
    As for a job i got the perfect CV/resume with the perfect grades and i am struggling to get a decent job that can give me enough money for a social life let alone for a M3...
    What sort of employer that would be taking on 16yr olds would give a shit about your grades?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

As long as you can pack shelves, flip burgers or scan stuff through a register, and you turn up on time, you're hired, usually.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information