Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Irwin has passed away.

R.I.P. Steve. Your enthusiasm and respect for the wildlife is an example for us all.
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

I used to watch his show then I started to hate it, but I still respected the guy...

i will miss that guy
    PLASMA PONG RULES

This is just terrible.

Does anyone see the irony though? Steve faced far, far, far more deadly creatures on a daily basis, yet it is a stingray that fatally injures him.

IIRC the news said that there has only been a handful of deaths from stingrays ever recorded in the world. Alot of people are glad that he was doing what he loved. It would be so irritating if he was hit by a bus or something...

The government is going to name a national park after him. Steve was a top bloke.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 09-05-2006 at 02:08 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    This is just terrible.

Does anyone see the irony though? Steve faced far, far, far more deadly creatures on a daily basis, yet it is a stingray that fatally injures him.

IIRC the news said that there has only been a handful of deaths from stingrays ever recorded in the world. Alot of people are glad that he was doing what he loved. It would be so irritating if he was hit by a bus or something...

The government is going to name a national park after him. Steve was a top bloke.
    Lol...
    Everybody keep mentioning that a stingray isn't that dangerous..
    And yet he was filming a program named "The deadliest of the sea" or something

Not a handful, only 2.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

It's kind of tuff to expected it was only a stingray.

It's like Arnie is the terminator and nothing can stop him, Some old 110 year old women walks up and pulls he's plug killing him, Yet he walks on water walks over buildings and some little granny kills him, It's like that Steve sleeped with the most dangerous animals in the world, And something that is maybe the most none lethal creature out there gets him hard to believe.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

^^ The old lady and Arnie really puts it into perspective

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Not a handful, only 2.
    I know for sue that it's the 4th case in Australia's history (unless 60 minutes lie). I'm pretty sure there are less than 12 cases recorded worldwide ever.

EDIT....

And yet he was filming a program named "The deadliest of the sea" or something
    Yes they can be very deadly, they just don't stike very much. The same way that Blue ringed octopi, or the box jellyfish are extremely deadly, but you don't hear many cases.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 09-05-2006 at 04:57 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Im sure alot of people though are deep down glad it happened so quick, and was perhaps so unexpected. Had it actually been a croc, well he couldve been left in a far FAAAAR worse condition physically and may still have ended his career, even if he did manage to survive. Its one of those things like in a car crash, do you want to die instantly, or 3 weeks later in ICU?
    I am the Stig

^^ The old lady and Arnie really puts it into perspective

I know for sue that it's the 4th case in Australia's history (unless 60 minutes lie). I'm pretty sure there are less than 12 cases recorded worldwide ever.

EDIT....

Yes they can be very deadly, they just don't stike very much. The same way that Blue ringed octopi, or the box jellyfish are extremely deadly, but you don't hear many cases.
    Be like jack Bauer surviving the worlds worst terrorist and deadliest virus's only to be killed by a bee sting.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Despite the fact that it is unusual behavior for such an animal but to get hit in the chest is just a complete freak accident. He has survived just about everything I can think of so far. He has done great things in his life though and it is tragic to see him disapear like this all of sudden. RIP and I hope the best for his family.

I was really shocked by the news, what a way to go. Thoughts are with his family.

News were saying if he got hit anywhere else, would have survived. Talk about bad luck. Oh BBC news said "Attacks on humans are a rarity - only two other people are known to have died in Australia from a stingray attack. "
    Porsche!

A Norwegian cartoonist have made his stripe of today to honor Steve Irwine..
    with a cent of humor in it

Crickey!!

Quote Originally Posted by john14
    People like Steve Irwin make life worth living.
    or tv a bit less boring

Here's the vid clip of Germaine Greer being her controversial self about the late Mr Irwin - http://youtube.com/watch?v=fpTu5p6ga...elated&search=

I can kinda see her point, although that absolute moron of an interviewer doesn't do any favours in terms of having a serious debate about the issue. Could've been a decent and thought provoking interview if that idiot didn't just turn it into a slanging match.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information