Q. I know it's still a few weeks away, October 7th is a big night. Can you imagine this will be the most emotional moment of your retirement?
ANDRE AGASSI: Well, listen, if I could leverage anything I'm going through here to make more money for the children, to bring them more opportunities, I'm open to ideas. If I can inspire people to give more as a result of anything, that's a good thing. That night is a huge night.
I think actually this will be the first event, because that's a perfect example of what I look forward to. In years past, I'm not playing in Europe because I'm doing this for the foundation. I'm not training, I'm not playing, but I'm doing something I really care about.
This year I'll get to just do what I care about without that sort of price tag with it. It will be great.
Q. Do you think it will be a bigger event as a result, though?
ANDRE AGASSI: I don't know. Last year we raised $10 million. A couple years ago $12.6 million. Those aren't easy numbers. I don't lose appreciation for how much money that is and what happens with those children's lives as a result of that money.
We're talking about millions of dollars that are going to get raised. I'm going to be thankful for each one.
Q. Over the years you talk a lot about inspiration. Have there been any scripture verses or quotes from people that you admire that you keep tucked in the back of your mind?
ANDRE AGASSI: You know, my mind grinds gears when I have to recall stuff like that. I'm not good at sort of memorizing and repeating.
Yeah, I'm inspired by a lot of different things that I see every day.
Q. Pete said after a couple of years of retirement he got really bored and started playing World Team Tennis. Does that seem crazy to you about being bored in retirement?
ANDRE AGASSI: I think it's an individual experience for sure. A career is individual to every given person, how you choose to go about it, and so is retirement. I can't speak to what his journey has been, how he's perceived his life through tennis or after.
If I'm bored, I feel like I've done a thousand things differently than I anticipate.
Q. Having been with Steffi when she was going through her transition into retirement, do you think you can take anything from that in your road now? She didn't embrace a lot of what's out here as you did.
ANDRE AGASSI: No, she did. Maybe you just didn't sort of see it or it wasn't communicated in the same way.
You know, the reason why I can't sort of learn a lot from her, I just have to sort of sit on the sideline and admire it, is because she's very resolved in everything she does. She treated retirement and that decision with such sort of grace and ease that it makes you marvel at her strength, her clarity.
I'm a completely different animal than that, you know. It's not so easy for me to trust myself.
Q. Looking at the number of media here, do you really want us to track you down?
ANDRE AGASSI: It depends if I liked you or not (smiling).
No, I would love to see all of you again.
Q. When you do leave these things over the years, as you walk down the corridor, do you think, What are these people about? Do you think about some of the questions you're asked. Do you have any memory of questions you were asked particularly?
ANDRE AGASSI: Oh, wow. Yeah, that's I never want to be prepared for a question. That's a question I wish I was prepared for. I wish I would have thought about that. I probably could have given you a whole list. My mind doesn't work well that way. I can't just kind of call on something.
I've had some shockers over the years, for sure, to say the least.
Q. Do you have any questions for us?
ANDRE AGASSI: Are you guys going to really miss me or are you just acting like that?
(Standing ovation.)