Thread: Jiffy Lube Scam

Jiffy Lube Scam

Never, NEVER, take your car to be serviced at a Jiffy Lube... sorry if this is a repost, it just makes me furious though... work on your own cars, people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJjqr0QbIk

WTF is a jiffy lube?

Personally, I was thinking of something else...

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Personally, I was thinking of something else...
    You sick, sick little boy

haha sorry guys, i should have clarified. jiffy lube is a huge car service chain here in the states, you'll get it if you watch the video

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    You sick, sick little boy
    Ready for a bit of buggery, quick as a flash!

That's brutal, what a bunch of conniving scam artist assholes.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

The best part was the District Manager who was lying, what a dumbass.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Man they nailed those guys. I always get my work done at a dealer, I think there is less of a chance of them screwing you there. Its guys like them who give the many honest mechanics a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    Man they nailed those guys. I always get my work done at a dealer, I think there is less of a chance of them screwing you there. Its guys like them who give the many honest mechanics a bad rap.
    Even if you do have to pay more the work gets done...

Happened to us years ago, when they didn't change the bad wheel bearings. Dumbshits! Since the droning sound was still there they couldn't deny that the work hadn't been done. Then they just claimed that the mechanic forgot
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

That's really harsh. But no matter where you go (unless its a private mechanic that you know personally), they will always tell you certain things that need to be done even if they aren't necessary at all. My dad has made that experience with chevrolet on various occasions. The only difference with them is that they actually do what they say they will, even if it is useless. We don't trust anyone other than our mechanic friend anymore. The people at dealerships or other service joints are generally just so f***ing lazy or money hungry its ridiculous.

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    This happened to my friend a few weeks ago,
    he has a 1985 Toyota Corolla its solid as a rock after all these years! so the car had been having a battery problem which we couldent figure out, one night it wasnt starting and we tried jumping the car but nothing kept hapening!
    so these mechanics offer to help us and say its the "puerquito" -spanish term (somthing relating to the starter/ignition and we believe them.. it woulda cost us close to $50 to repair! so we were kinda excited bcuz it sounded cheap.. about an hour later we find out and fix the problem which was in reality a loose battery cable! all we had to do was extend the cable and reattach it! took us 5-10 mins and it was free!
    The Rebirth of Xarzy
    >>XxLEASxX<<
    To My Unborn Child
    UCP's Resident Jack Armstrong

Believe me they have a lot of more tricks Like changing tires. They give you used better ones and spray them black to look new Its just one of the tricks i know of. We take our citroen to a dealership we trust and always stay in the workshop for a chat or something with the mechanic(we know them all there). But a lot of other places cheat like f**k too especially not-official dealerships(brandless). Its quite handy ill have a full workshop at my disposal after school ends

Wow, that sucks. Often if you're not good with cars they add more stuff to it without you knowing it. It's just how it works. You need to be smart with these people. I wouldn't be surprised that it happens at a Jiffy Lube. It's the oldest trick in the book. People just assume that they can be trusted, which makes it such big news.

Thread Information