• Like S12 not S11

2 10.53%
  • Like S11 not S12

0 0%
  • dislike both

4 21.05%

Thread: New Supercar design

New Supercar design

I design cars and technologies as a hobby and I have been working on this design for around a year or so. This is my first time putting it down on paper. Please give me feedback, likes, dislikes, etc. (I used a pic of the Zonda and Ferrari Aurea to get shape, design is all my own) (What do you think of the sides especially?)
    The S12 is a 1070HP car that uses a new rotory-like engine I designed. The S11 is a toned down version with a turbocharged 880HP piston engine. The turbos have electric motors to boost them to avoid turbo lag.

S12:1 2 3

S11:1 2 3 4 5 6 6 7
    Last edited by Dr. Phil; 09-06-2006 at 03:25 PM.

30psi in the V8.

Tell me more about this Rotary you are thinking about, and how your electric turbos spool up. Does the turbo still need a BOV? If the electric motors can stop quickly maybe you only need a small waste gate. Oh and does the turbo use exhaust gas still?

Cars look cool though.
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Resonatrectomy
    127 Kw @ all 4 paws

like the s12.looks diffrent than any car out there.

i swear ive seen this before, anyway, great design, nothing really out there and original, but its been drawn together really well, cohesive and barely any perspective errors evident. saying that, have you really beenworking for over a year on this design, that is seriuosly overlong for a series of 8 pictures mate.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

the back of the second one looks identicle to a zonda, no go for me.

the top one looks too much like the zonda also...

rotary's redline at 7000 rpm?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by mmm_aapls
    30psi in the V8.

Tell me more about this Rotary you are thinking about, and how your electric turbos spool up. Does the turbo still need a BOV? If the electric motors can stop quickly maybe you only need a small waste gate. Oh and does the turbo use exhaust gas still?

Cars look cool though.
    Rotory is complex but think of two screw type superchargers, one acting as intake and compression, the other as combustion and exhaust. it is hard to explain but is very simple, only four moving parts and no valvetrain

The turbos are simply normal exhaust driven turbos but have an electric motor to get them up to speed. Otherwise they are like any other turbos

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phil
    Rotory is complex but think of two screw type superchargers, one acting as intake and compression, the other as combustion and exhaust. it is hard to explain but is very simple, only four moving parts and no valvetrain

The turbos are simply normal exhaust driven turbos but have an electric motor to get them up to speed. Otherwise they are like any other turbos
    so you mean it will suck the exhaust too?

S11 pic 3 looks a bit high and in pic 4 but other wise i would buy 1 if it was made and 1 had the money.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

I think that a combination of the s12's back with the s11 front would be really great, don't realy like those open spaces...

Those are some cool sketches but it's got Pagani Zonda written all over it...

Did you just trace over the aurea concept??

How will you spool up the turbos with electric motors? Any big turbo that is pushing boost usally use nitrous to spool why not use that? Why go with a rotary when simply a small block chevy or ford can be had for half the price and is agurably better.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

I like them both. Definetely some design takes from Pagani but I really do like that car hence I like both of these. I think you made the design just enough of your own that it works.

Where would we be in the world if nobody copied anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by speednine
    Did you just trace over the aurea concept??
    Just for the shape and perspective.

Also it's not a normal rotory engine like the RX-7, it is a new kind of engine i designed that has all rotating parts but is not a normal rotary engine. I call it the screw-type engine

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    How will you spool up the turbos with electric motors? Any big turbo that is pushing boost usally use nitrous to spool why not use that? Why go with a rotary when simply a small block chevy or ford can be had for half the price and is agurably better.
    Why? to be different!

I Like the designs! are all the sketches to scale because im pretty sure it wouldent be 'too' hard to use the in a 3d program to make a 3d sketch
    The Rebirth of Xarzy
    >>XxLEASxX<<
    To My Unborn Child
    UCP's Resident Jack Armstrong

Electirc engines pushing up to Id guess 15-20lbs of boost you will ned some good and bulky electric engines.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Thread Information