Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual monitor setup??

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

Dual monitor setup??

Some of you may have experience in dual monitor setups. I'm a bit tired of alt-tabbing in-and-out from games to check things, so I wanna know if I can run my LCD for gaming and hook up an old monitor for everything else while I game. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

my bro wants it for photo editing, personally i think its useless. i have a dual computer setup. its my gaming rig then the download and aim one
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

It would work.

Might look bad though

we have a multi monitor(5) setup and it works fairly well if whatever your playing doesnt run full screen. when it runs full screen on mine, it only full screens the main screen, and disables all of the other screens, so you cant see anything else.

my video card has 2 monitor connections, so thats easy and good to set up..
    Driver for the Team Ultimatecarpage.competition GTR Evolution racing team.

How do I make my secondary monitor show desktop, including taskbars, icons, and other windows, while gaming? Are there any softwares out there that gives me more options than the nvidia driver?
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891
    we have a multi monitor(5) setup and it works fairly well if whatever your playing doesnt run full screen. when it runs full screen on mine, it only full screens the main screen, and disables all of the other screens, so you cant see anything else.
    yeah the same thing happens here, (with my dual-setup)

NuclearCrap: there has to be an option in the game to choose the secondary monitor, so you can keep the main one and work on it, but I've never seen that in any game yet, there probably are lots of dual monitor programs, google it

here is a great dual/multi-display wallpaper site, although i'm not a fan of the seperate application of the left [and middle] and right screens

www.mandolux.com

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Some of you may have experience in dual monitor setups. I'm a bit tired of alt-tabbing in-and-out from games to check things, so I wanna know if I can run my LCD for gaming and hook up an old monitor for everything else while I game. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.
    your in luck - i used to have a 3 monitor (and 4 at one time!) setup, if you need help setting it up MSN me

Ultramon is perfect for enhancing your conntrol over the monitors!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    your in luck - i used to have a 3 monitor (and 4 at one time!) setup, if you need help setting it up MSN me

Ultramon is perfect for enhancing your conntrol over the monitors!
    Thanks man, Ultramon works like a charm.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

My father used to work with 5 31"monitors on his job Now he uses a beamer to display the aerial photo's. 4 of the 31"have been dispersed through the office and one is sitting right in front of me.

Here it is:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I prefer to use one computer with dual-screens (for work such as 3D modelling, video editing etc) and then a completley seperate computer for things such as MSN and checking e-mail. Makes the work computer slightly faster and you have 2 keyboards. When you're rendering something on the work machine, you don't want to have MSN running just incase it crashes and kills the render in the process ... but I suppose that is more personal preference more than anything. My MSN machine is only an 866mhz Celeron, 256mb RAM but it doesn't need to be any more powerful than that just to run a few measly applications

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    I prefer to use one computer with dual-screens (for work such as 3D modelling, video editing etc) and then a completley seperate computer for things such as MSN and checking e-mail. Makes the work computer slightly faster and you have 2 keyboards. When you're rendering something on the work machine, you don't want to have MSN running just incase it crashes and kills the render in the process ... but I suppose that is more personal preference more than anything. My MSN machine is only an 866mhz Celeron, 256mb RAM but it doesn't need to be any more powerful than that just to run a few measly applications
    I can always use my old P3 rig to run stuffs, but then separating my game and other apps is my main focus here. Below is another screenshot, although the desktop's on the CRT (left), the LCD (right) is the primary display with Objectdock as a launcher app, plus it's the best way to monitor temperatures while running intensive games/apps.

Now if I can ever figure out how to have different wallpapers on each side.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    I can always use my old P3 rig to run stuffs, but then separating my game and other apps is my main focus here. Below is another screenshot, although the desktop's on the CRT (left), the LCD (right) is the primary display with Objectdock as a launcher app, plus it's the best way to monitor temperatures while running intensive games/apps.

Now if I can ever figure out how to have different wallpapers on each side.....
    Horizontal Span>Set up the pics in nView or just put 2 images next to each other in photoshop and save it!

Dual moniter setup is something I want. More specifically, a nice large flat-screen with multiple inputs (the kind that can also be used as a tv screen), with a normal-sized flat-screen (my current one) next to it. The multiple-input one I'll use for entertainment, from computer games t xbox games, and watching movies and things. The second screen for if I need multiple info-boxes up at once - music editing as an example.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information