Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Guidelines

Forum Guidelines

Please use this thread to discuss our newly added guidelines:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...q_new_faq_item
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

As mentioned earlier, I think it's a great addition to the site; a bible so-to-speak.

From now on, any confusion regarding forum discipline and policy should be detailed/explained at the link above.

Indeed a great thing Do new members get send to this right after registering ? It might be handy as some(aka most) people rush out into the forums and new bother to read these. I've read them and couldnt find anything to add or change IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Indeed a great thing Do new members get send to this right after registering ? It might be handy as some(aka most) people rush out into the forums and new bother to read these. I've read them and couldnt find anything to add or change IMO.
    You might want to take a closer look at #13.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

It's good to have something to quote when noting another member for doing something wrong.

I have one question: I find some of the guidelines slightly stricter than what the forum has been so far. Will there be any change in how the guidelines are supervised?

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    It's good to have something to quote when noting another member for doing something wrong.

I have one question: I find some of the guidelines slightly stricter than what the forum has been so far. Will there be any change in how the guidelines are supervised?
    Well the guidelines are that strict because, remember, this isn't a democracy.

No, in all seriousness, the rules and regulations of UCP haven't changed, but have just been recently outlined for future reference. Everyone can carry on as they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    No, in all seriousness, the rules and regulations of UCP haven't changed, but have just been recently outlined for future reference. Everyone can carry on as they were.
    Not everyone though. Especially rule #2 will be more strictly policed.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Everyone can carry on as they were.
    With some exceptions, of course.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Yeah, you're right. In general, the forum rules are the same, but as Wouter stated, we will be policing things more strictly with the influx of stupidity here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen

Cool! (<- does this count?)

A great adition to the site. When a new member does something incorrect we can simply refer him to this page (or specific paragraph) instead of typing the same thing over and over.

This will make Moderator's life easier i guess. Lately some ppl have been questioning their authority, this should be able to settle that, set clear lines.

I do find it sad that this was necessary. Most of the rules are simply things you do in every day conversation, most of the members follow these pretty well but there is allways those few that make such things necessary.

Only one biggy though. I find rules 14, 15 and 16 could be made up into a single rule. no? I guess its clearer this way... so never mind.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Just a quick typo, "moderated and its author hold responsible." should be author held responisble.

Sounds good to me, I also like the idea of it being sent out in an email when you register.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Top notch... just one small suggestion on this one...

"8. Any message considered as a promotion of illegal or criminal activities, or intellectual property violation, will be immediately deleted."

I think this warrants moving to number '1' on the list as it's the only thing on it that is actually a crime.. also, can I suggest the inclusion of the phrase 'strictly forbidden'?

i.e:

8. The posting of any message or thread that could be considered a promotion of illegal or criminal activities, or a violation of copyright law, is strictly forbidden and will be immediately deleted.

Otherwise, very very good. Not too long and complex, just a formalisation of the unwritten law. Can I also suggest that the rules are posted in a 'sticky' non-repliable thread at the top of each of the forum categories?

Best,

Pete
    Last edited by MrKipling; 09-11-2006 at 03:10 PM.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Great addition to the forum

"Severe Moderation" is officially the coolest term ever.

Good work Wouter!

Thread Information