Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione (Progetto 920) 2007-2009

strange that they still show the car, I think all 500 have been sold a long time ago....was the Spyder there too?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    strange that they still show the car, I think all 500 have been sold a long time ago....was the Spyder there too?
    pictures for the Spider are being uploaded. They were mainly there as links to the Mito world launch (one of the two Mitos was next to that 8C you see there, and the other was available for people to sit in, among Prodrive S, 159Ti and GT Cloverleaf)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    well, a lot of my university's mates had seen the 8Cs out for testing before of the delivering until June, and a friend of one of my tenant (sounds like a joke, I know...) bought one and should have received its car in May.

But I think they will show the car even in the future, the 8C is basically a big (wonderful) ad campaign.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

A few days ago, an 8C was spotted in New York near a train station and photographed - it was thought to belong to a friend of UCP's: Jim Glickenhaus. Well, there is a good chance that it was his, as it has now been confirmed that Jim was the first to receive an 8C in the US. Reports indicate he paid extra to get the 8C painted to match his P4/5.

Congrats on the purchase Jim if you are reading this. I am sure we'd love to hear your thoughts on the car. If you have the time.

Congratulations indeed.

Lucky chap.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

YouTube - Top Gear - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

To explain the 8c even more... here's a video from top gear in youtube....
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

How many cars does Napolis have then? anyone know?
    May the downforce be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    A few days ago, an 8C was spotted in New York near a train station and photographed - it was thought to belong to a friend of UCP's: Jim Glickenhaus. Well, there is a good chance that it was his, as it has now been confirmed that Jim was the first to receive an 8C in the US. Reports indicate he paid extra to get the 8C painted to match his P4/5.

Congrats on the purchase Jim if you are reading this. I am sure we'd love to hear your thoughts on the car. If you have the time.
    IIRC he placed his horder, or let of us know of it, the very same day he unveiled the P4/5.

I live in the town where they produce it, and I only saw it once, and just the rear left fender/light

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    IIRC he placed his horder, or let of us know of it, the very same day he unveiled the P4/5.

I live in the town where they produce it, and I only saw it once, and just the rear left fender/light
    I was at the public unveiling of the P4/5 and I don't remember mention of the 8C...

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    I was at the public unveiling of the P4/5 and I don't remember mention of the 8C...
    lucky you.

I remember reading something about it in an article about the unveiling of the P4/5, maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    YouTube - Top Gear - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

To explain the 8c even more... here's a video from top gear in youtube....
    I find it quite hard to bveleive Clarkson when he says it handles like shit.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I find it quite hard to bveleive Clarkson when he says it handles like shit.
    not this episode in particular, but his way to talk always with extreme words and exaggerations prevented me from watching TG since quite some time.

Is a said in the TG thread, I watch fro entertainment more than information.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Is a said in the TG thread, I watch fro entertainment more than information.
    it was failing on entertaining me too. maybe the hype around it is grown too much, and I usually dislike things globally retained "cool" and so on. IMO the quality has slightly decreased over time, but I can't say it for sure I stopped watching it since the episode when they crossed a desert in Africa whit an old MB, a Lancia Beta and another small car, followed by an old white Beetle.

The owner of Ferrari of Atlanta is a car collector himself and now has the 4th 8C that came into the country(USA). Fortunately I had a trip planned to Atlanta so I dropped by to see it.

The first thing that struck me was the paint...this car is painted in the signature color which is a several thousand dollar option...it simply glows. The finish was surprisingly smooth for a composite bodied car...especially when you compare it to an Enzo...but no where near as slick as an Aston which are among the very best in factory finishes.

The body shape looks much better in person as some pictures make it look 'pinched' or forced. Overall the car is a nice size and the cockpit is snug but not cramped. The particular rims that are on this car are a bit over powering as the design of them is very pronounced. In pictures they don't seem so but in person when you can see the dimensions of them they are a bit cartoonish.

Sitting in a showroom with a couple of F430's a 599 and a 430 Scuderia...it definitely stood out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information