Thread: Is there any plausable explanation?

Is there any plausable explanation?

As to why the UCP server goes down when I try to look at the car database?

I wait 5 minutes and it works again, but as soon as I look at the car database it does it again. Surely this isn't normal?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Can you describe exactly what happens and maybe post some screenshots? All seems to work fine from where I am sitting and you are closer to the server!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Screenshots aren't possible because I don't have any image manipulation programs.

When I try and view the database, I can get as far as viewing the options of cars of any given manufacturer, and then when I proceed to click one, it just fails to load. After a minute of trying to load, the screen containing "Web page cannot be displayed" is shown. After that has been on the screen for 10 or so seconds, it forwards me to the website www.mywebsearch.com with a list of results relating to UCP. Exactly the same as if your searching for ultimatecarpage.com with google.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&carnum=2600

Does that direct link work? What browser are you using?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Screenshots aren't possible because I don't have any image manipulation programs.
    Not even MS Paint?

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Not even MS Paint?
    Illegitimate copy of windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&carnum=2600

Does that direct link work? What browser are you using?
    That direct link does work, yes. I swap and change between IE and Firefox depending on what I am doing, but I have experienced this problem with both of them.

Are you running any ad blockers?

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Are you running any ad blockers?
    All pop-ups from UCP are allowed.

I tried to access to car database from the homepage just a minute ago, and I'm currently having no problems with browsing it. Maybe the server was just playing up for me, but due to the fact It's been happening all day I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same.

Alright. If you have any more problems let me know. As far as we can see there have not been any server related problems today.

(Ted Joans)

No worries.

Thanks for your time.

Illegitimate copy of windows.
    Hehe fair do's.

Isn't there a keyboard shortcut to save a screenshot as a .jpg on Windows?

Just an idea.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

When I try and view the database, I can get as far as viewing the options of cars of any given manufacturer, and then when I proceed to click one, it just fails to load. After a minute of trying to load, the screen containing "Web page cannot be displayed" is shown. After that has been on the screen for 10 or so seconds, it forwards me to the website www.mywebsearch.com with a list of results relating to UCP. Exactly the same as if your searching for ultimatecarpage.com with google.
    That sounds like you might have some malware running on your system
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information