Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Panamera sighting!!

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Check out the rear window. It's a clearly modified BMW one. The shape is obviously Bangle-ised. I've also seen this reference to BMW wagons quite a few times.

EDIT: Whilst it's not a wagon... does that window look familiar?

But what if Porsche Design were taking their inspiration from Mr. Bangle( )?
    btw, nice observation.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    this is not pretty but its ugliness is greatly surpassed by Porsche current front runner, the Cayenne.
    For me, it's the opposite. This is an ugly Porsche. The only thing that could make it worth buying is if it has the capabilities to beat a LOT of sports cars.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

A phrase pops to mind... summin summin eye of the beholder?

Anybody remember the new Turbo spyshots - my god it looked quite awful. Look how that turned out though. Not saying exact same thing will happen again, but a bit of positive thinking!

Post #52 and #56, check out the matching photos ie front and rear shots, I can see the similarities under the disguising. I'm hoping it'll be quite a charming car.
    Porsche!

A few new spy shots from CAR Magazine, and I'm afraid to say it's still looking just as ugly as the original spy shots of the test mules a year or so ago.

The basic profile looks like they've taken something like a 928 shape and stretched it like a limousine, or maybe a hearse.

If anyone would seriously choose something like that over a Maserati Quattroporte then they need a good, hard slap.

Source: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_...sid=481&page=1
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Doesn't look camouflaged, so it's safe to say that it's fugly. It's nothing short of hideous, and, frankly, I'm not at all surprised. Porsche should stick to what they are good at, and they certainly don't look to be good at whatever this is.

It's just as disappointing as the last month's TVR Typhoon concept, which was terribly disappointing.

The roof line is quite odd looking, and, while the snow is obscuring the details, the general shape of the rear isn't all that impressive either. If that is the way the headlights are to appear on the production car, this car will be ugly from every angle.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

I think it is camouflaged, from halfway the rear doors the roof-line goes up strangely. But I fully support the remark about the QP, it was actually what I was thinking before I scrolled down to the bottom of Jack's post
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Here's a spy shot from Road & Track with a short caption.

I think that this car could look a lot better if they kept the roof line had a flowing slope instead of having it slope a bit and then change the angle of slope suddenly.

Oh and sorry for the terrible quality of the scans, it's the best I can do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love that contraption on the rear of the car, back to the old days where suitcases were stored outside...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I love that contraption on the rear of the car, back to the old days where suitcases were stored outside...
    Hahaha, and spare tires too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    If anyone would seriously choose something like that over a Maserati Quattroporte then they need a good, hard slap.
    I can ony agree with you. Even an Alpina B7 would be a better alternative...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    It almost has a Tatra-like profile. Imagine it with the engine in the rear; that'd be a true Porsche sedan. I once heard the Tatra driving experience described as being like that of a "giant Porsche."
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

I am absolutely mortified. Who let this happen?!

lads do you really think anyone from the most beneficial car company of the world will let the panamera be ugly? it's obvious it won't be an eyesore
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    lads do you really think anyone from the most beneficial car company of the world will let the panamera be ugly? it's obvious it won't be an eyesore
    Since they let the Cayenne look like it does, I don't think we will be surprised...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Newer spy shots, less camouflage. -- courtesy of GermanCarFans

I reckon the boot and rear end still have quite a bit on. I can imagine the rear roof line tapering slightly sharper and finishing flatter, rather than having a completely rounded off look like a 911.

Looks alright so far.
    Porsche!

Thread Information