Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Panamera sighting!!

it looks like the back doors are off the Bentley Flying Spur
    people take different routes just to reach the same END...... DEATH

We've all see the Concept-photos and I doubt that they would launch such an ugly car as the photo we've seen here.

Some say that Porsche should stick to making sports cars but I think this 4-door is a brilliant idea and it's probably going to be much better to drive than the M5 and definitly better than any AMG.

Just look at Maserati, a true sports car-brand: The Quattroporte is a brilliant car in every way, not least to look at.

The Cayenne is really the odd one out in Porsches collection but we mustn't forget what a massive economical boost it must have been for them. They've some millions!
    "Horsepower Is How Fast You Hit The Wall, Torque Is How Far You Bring The Wall With You"

i think the profile looks really bad but the production model would probably look better
    I wonder if they'll make a big coupe with the cayenne engine kinda like the 928

The Cayenne, as I see it, is forgivable, it balanced out the Carrera GT financially. A sedan would be a mistake. Anything that looke like that would be a mistake-the rear is nauseating. I suspect that it is only a mule, with a body that was cobbeled together so that they could test the underpinnings. I hope they shang their minds about 4doors- it should target the M6 not the 5.

I am too lazy to read all the posts, but it is only ugly because it may not be the real exterior that Porsche wants to be revealed?
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I want a wagon version!
    I second that. I think the rear is out of proportion and it looks ugly. But make it into a wagon and I'm thinking it would be decently good looking.

I don't care if its the finished car or not, that is simply butt ugly! I've seen riced out econoboxes look better and not much different.

I really want to see how the Panamera does out in the market... but if it looks anything like that, it will be a fluke.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by sunk
    Porsche, the substitute is crap.
    Yes your right, the substitute to a Porsche is crap.

the germans have a new rice-out car...hehehe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Yes your right, the substitute to a Porsche is crap.
    On what you base that statement? There are many cars out there that can be as good as a Porsche if not better. All depends on what you want in a car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    On what you base that statement? There are many cars out there that can be as good as a Porsche if not better. All depends on what you want in a car.
    Excuse me, but what was your point?
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03
    I second that. I think the rear is out of proportion and it looks ugly. But make it into a wagon and I'm thinking it would be decently good looking.
    Why make a Porsche station wagon??
    Besides, the next-gen Cayenne is going to look like a wagon.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

I'm not giving up on the idea of a coupé. Sure, Maserati has had deserved success with the Quattroporte, or, in English, Four Doors, but they're Maserati; they can sell anything, as proven by the entertaining but ultimately incendiary Biturbo (and I know, I bought one.)

Despite the success of the Quattroporte, Sedans aren't the hot item right now. Truly fast sedans have too eccentric an appeal to be the cash cow that companies like Porsche need if they want to be around for the next few decades. They got away with the Cayenne, because for every sports car fan, there's a dozen or so døüçhébågzzz.z.—.com who just won't be convinced that their need for a SUV outweighs the hundred or so reasons why they don't.
    People who want a performance SUV don't really want a performance SUV. They don't know what they want; they want it all.
    That's why the Cayenne is such a deeply puzzling and distasteful vehicle. It's likely the result of some market-study in Tallahassee in which a crowd of retired police chiefs, lured by the promise of a free cheese-tray lunch, all raised their hands and demanded Porsche to include the
    first things that popped into their head on their next model.

So you get a four-door, four passenger vehicle with decent ride and handling and a big armload of other pretentious bullshit having something to do with driving over rocks out in the Gobi.

Take the pretentious bullshit out of the equation... and you've lost your market.

There's my amateur global-market analysis for the day. Keep looking for a coupé.

BTW, check out the Cayenne's test mule pictured below. It looked nothing like the finished product. If you look closely you'll see that it was even a single-seat vehicle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LandQuail; 09-16-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Altough I HIGHLY doubt that the back is staying the same it doesn't really matter now does it, from an economical POV ? It will sell like hot cakes just like that Cayenne POS. Which is easily one of the ugliest cars on the road.

Nope. The Cayenne sells because it's a SUV. Those are three magic letters that mean nothing except dollar-dollar bills (ya'll) to anybody with the courage to slap a prestige marque badge on a lesser related cousin, like maybe a Touareg.

If BMW would just tack a Rolls-Royce badge on the X5, they'd make a mint.
    Last edited by LandQuail; 09-16-2006 at 10:50 AM.

Thread Information