Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best country to live.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Haha at MyPorsche!
    I dunno how they ranked that man... althought the part he left out was that we're still #68 in the world... and how can Houston be the worst US city? There are SOOOO many cities within 25miles even that are worse...? How do they even rank that? I'd be interested to know... I mean it doesnt even make sense.

Oh I bet the survey was conducted by someone from Dallas...
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001
    I like canada but in calgary it has contenintal climate
    so gets really hot in summer and really cold in winter
    I think i'd like to live in vancouver or victoria more
    because the ocean regulates the temperature extremes
    sweden would be nice though
    Move to Vancouver. You can snowboard in the winter, and yet the climate is still mild enough to sustain some species of palm trees Victoria, of course, has the same climate. The really crappy thing about both places is that they're both super expensive to live in.

Vancouver consistently ranks among the top five cities in worldwide "quality of life" rankings. Most recently, the city ranked first in a worldwide quality of life survey conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit.[21][22] In a similar survey by Mercer Human Resource Consulting, Vancouver ranked second in 2002 and 2003[23] and third in 2004. Vancouver has tied for first with the cities of Salzburg and Oslo among the UN chosen cities for highest living standards the last 4 years running. Condé Nast Traveler magazine named Vancouver the "Readers' Choice #1 City in the Americas" for 2005.[24] The city generally ranks first when compared to its Canadian and U.S. peers.
    The City of Vancouver also maintains a running public record of the complete list of city awards that Vancouver has won.[25]

But again, Vancouver isn't a country. That said, you couldn't really group Canada as one because it's almost as large as Europe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vancouver was nice...but the rest of Canada seems like it would be really boring. (other than Quebec and the big cities...) Isn't like 90% of the population of Canada in the 10 biggest cities?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

If I was gonna move again probably move back out Wst to B.C. such a beautiful place to live, or maybe pack up and move over sea's to Switzerland and get back together with my daughter and GF

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Vancouver was nice...but the rest of Canada seems like it would be really boring. (other than Quebec and the big cities...) Isn't like 90% of the population of Canada in the 10 biggest cities?
    Ya Vancouver has great night life and so does Montreal, T.O. is just to busy at night and to much gang shootings as of late. So if I wanted to party I would stay here in Kingston or go for a road tip to Montreal.
    Last edited by pAinTrAin; 09-15-2006 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    Norway got loads of cultural places and events
    Don't you have a national holiday to celebrate rain? Or is that another one of those Scandinavian looney bins?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Norway got beutiful nature, (woman), and loads of cultural places and events that many other countries don't have or can match..
    just the one ?!!?!?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Norway is a great contry to live in.
    IIRC it has been ranged many times 1st and 2nd best country to live in.

Taxes are high on everything and it's expensive to live here, but it matches the average income of the average citisen.. It usually does in every country in the world.

Norway got beutiful nature, (woman), and loads of cultural places and events that many other countries don't have or can match..

I will and woun't not move to any other country in my life, if not anything special happens
    I agree!!!

Norway is a great contry to live in.
    IIRC it has been ranged many times 1st and 2nd best country to live in.

Taxes are high on everything and it's expensive to live here, but it matches the average income of the average citisen.. It usually does in every country in the world.

I will and woun't not move to any other country in my life, if not anything special happens
    When I was with my X in Switzerland we visited Norway yes its a really nice country from what we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Move to Vancouver. You can snowboard in the winter, and yet the climate is still mild enough to sustain some species of palm trees Victoria, of course, has the same climate. The really crappy thing about both places is that they're both super expensive to live in.
    A small foot note, It rains alot in Vancouver and it has the highest suicide rate in Canada...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    A small foot note, It rains alot in Vancouver and it has the highest suicide rate in Canada...
    do they have beaches? there can never be enough beaches.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Ottawa, and Quebec City are both amazing. Anybody ever skate on the Rideau?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Well i think 90% live with 500kilometers of the border and somewhere around 75% live in the Windsor-Quebec Corridor...

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    just the one ?!!?!?
    I was waiting for someone to point that out!
    Norway does sound like a really nice place though. I have some friends who have relatives there and they say that the mountains and whole landscape in general is amazing.

Also, sadly I have to agree with Egg Nog's description of American knowledge of geography (bad ). Hopefully people will get better here.

Anyway, as to myself. I don't think I've seen enough of the world first hand to really make a decision, although basically anywhere in Europe and Australia have always sounded nice. For now at least, I'll just stay here.

Why does anyone even bother with these sort of threads? It's Australia and you all know it.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    do they have beaches? there can never be enough beaches.
    Vancouver is on the ocean, so yes, of course there are beaches. I like swimming in the summer, but it would probably be too cold for you

Oh and one thing that you Aussies might like to note, there are never any water shortage problems, and it never gets any hotter than around 34 in the summer. Plus, I like being surrounded by mountains, but you guys probably don't care too much about that.

Australia is definitely awesome. Vancouver, Melbourne, and Geneva are pretty consistenly in the top 3 global cities (the order chages around from poll to poll)

Basically, if you want education and overall quality of life, the world's best places to live are parts of Australia, parts of Canada, or pretty much any Scandinavian country.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 09-15-2006 at 07:38 PM.

Thread Information