Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mister Chavez

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    When someone gets rich, it necessarily involves the "working class" (ugly definition). But that doesn't mean prejudice to the workers. Your sentence sounds like a very old-fashioned anti-capitalist street cry. I'm sure you don't see things exactly that way.
    Well in this case one should always look at what grounds gave birth (and people support) to guys like Chavez or Castro. Search for Batista and you might get another answer.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Well in this case one should always look at what grounds gave birth (and people support) to guys like Chavez or Castro. Search for Batista and you might get another answer.
    I just meant that one guys fortune is not necessarily other peoples disgrace. Though it often happens.
    Most thieves and criminals come from that hungry people. That doesn't make better persons from Chavez or Castro. Personaly, I can't imagine many country leaders who care less about their people than Castro.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

I just meant that one guys fortune is not necessarily other peoples disgrace. Though it often happens.
    Most thieves and criminals come from that hungry people. That doesn't make better persons from Chavez or Castro. Personaly, I can't imagine many country leaders who care less about their people than Castro.
    what I am trying to convey is that "people movements" like that of Castro or Chavez work much better in countries that have been exploited to a certain extent. (Cuba much more than Venezuela in this respect though).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    what I am trying to convey is that "people movements" like that of Castro or Chavez work much better in countries that have been exploited to a certain extent. (Cuba much more than Venezuela in this respect though).
    Understood and agreed now.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

The major problem is that the corruption that occurs in such movements also deeply affects those who were vunerable and oppressed under the old regime.

No one moves up without pushing another down
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I know that stating you like Bin Laden may do a lot for a cool rebel status. But you have to be a little more conscious about what you say you like. We're talking about some crazy people here.
    It's already been said but I remind you: not liking one side, doesn't mean you have to support the other.
    what you on about?? Cool status?? like i have said i support his views but not the way he implements them...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Quote Originally Posted by Clique
    what you on about?? Cool status?? like i have said i support his views but not the way he implements them...
    You support his views?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    You support his views?
    well yeh...but like i have said i dont agree with the way he implements them
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

it is no lie that chavez speech touches on the truth,
    but as with many free speaking leaders, he has given flaws that make people despise him,
    however his speeech should be taken into consideration by the u.s. and the united nations.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Let me know when one of our presidents kill 6 million people for no reason. THEN, come back and make that statement you uneducated twit.
    a needless war(iraq) has killed thousand of civilians for no good reason, the same has been done by so many prevous american presidents in the name of peace that you can say america has caused more bloodshed than anyother country ever created.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    it is no lie that chavez speech touches on the truth,
    but as with many free speaking leaders, he has given flaws that make people despise him,
    however his speeech should be taken into consideration by the u.s. and the united nations.

a needless war(iraq) has killed thousand of civilians for no good reason, the same has been done by so many prevous american presidents in the name of peace that you can say america has caused more bloodshed than anyother country ever created.
    Considering the relative youth of our country, that's highly doubtful. Our country has not even been here for 250 years. Compared to other countries, we're kids. Other countries have been in far more war-like situations than the U.S.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

To answer some questions:

Chavez IS a Dictator. I'll revive this thread in 2021 and I promise he will still be in power (Or at least some puppet controlled by him to make the World think the country is undergoing a Democracy)

Smartmatic (company that provided the voting machines) has already been accused of fraud several times, even in the US. Everybody knows that Chavez has bought them out and everybody knows that electronic voting is as reliable as a Russian car. Anybody can play around with the software.

Just a quick overview of Venezuela's situation, just so you get an idea of what this moron is doing:

- He won in 1999. There were so many problems in the country that in 2000 he said that he couldn't do sh*t in his first year and therefore the first year didn't count.. WTF? So from having 4 years left, he jumped over to 5 again. How's that a Democracy? Then he decided to change the constitution so that his position would last 6 years instead of 6 + he added re-election which had never happened in Venezuela. That means that he can now Democratically reach 12 years in power... and he will, thanks to electronic voting.

PDVSA (Venezuela's Petroleum Company) was completely overtaken by his "friends" and he now controls all that money (I'm talking about Billions upon Billions of Dollars)

The Government is taking over your land if you don't use it. So if you are a hardworking MF who dedicated all of his life to work and to buy land simply because you f#%^ing felt to do so then guess what, you're screwed. Chavez is taking over your land. Why? To piss off rich people and make poor people happy. After all, 80% of the country lives under poverty, he wants that 80% right next to him.

... Too much to write honestly, probably most of you won't even finish the first sentence so why bother.

Thread Information