Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First American V12 supercar: Brammo Rogue GT

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    drakkie, what are you TALKING about @.@

I'm rather confused. The ford GT is faster than the old ford GT 40.

And I see loti very often in Portland Oregon actually.
    what he means is if you look at them in their age, the GT40 went to LeMans and wiped the FLOOR with Ferrari's for several years, whereas the GT may be quick, but it is no-where near as quick compared to its competiton as the old GT40 was

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    wel mclaren,kingofthering and others, GET DOWN TO EARTH. The car you mention are quick ,not fast, in a straight line but handle like a lorry.

As mentioned every fast Ford was built in Britain,well thats only one,the original GT40.The `new´ GT is nowhere near a fast car nowadays.

I´m sorry but it is a fact.Offcourse there are some exceptions,sure, but they are very rare ones that noone can afford and everyone dreams about.

Cars like the Lotus´s are nowhere near to be found in the US.
    Jesus tap dancing christ....
    Youve never even been in an American car...

wel mclaren,kingofthering and others, GET DOWN TO EARTH. The car you mention are quick ,not fast, in a straight line but handle like a lorry.
    So how do you account for cars like the Saleen S7R or Mosler MT900R being so successful around circuits with corners?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    what he means is if you look at them in their age, the GT40 went to LeMans and wiped the FLOOR with Ferrari's for several years, whereas the GT may be quick, but it is no-where near as quick compared to its competiton as the old GT40 was
    The GT40 was supposed to be a Ferrari beating race car, and after a few years of tweaking, it eventually did that.

The GT was never supposed to be a competitor to any other company or car in that sense, therefore criticising it for not doing so makes no sense.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 09-23-2006 at 07:54 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

There is a difference between a poor comparison and one that makes no sense.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Maybe you should compare the GT 40 to the GT LM race car :P

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    Maybe you should compare the GT 40 to the GT LM race car :P
    Do you have the specs on that?

As mentioned every fast Ford was built in Britain,well thats only one,the original GT40.The `new´ GT is nowhere near a fast car nowadays.

I´m sorry but it is a fact.Offcourse there are some exceptions,sure, but they are very rare ones that noone can afford and everyone dreams about.

So true drakkie. Because everyone knows the S7Rs sucked ass when they entered the FIA GT, and everyone knows the Vipers don't hold the record for most wins per car in the series.

For those who are going to be quick to call me a liar, let's take a look at how "Americans cars handle like a lorry, and are only quick."
    Let's start with the great American car, the Viper.

LeMans, 1998. The Vipers set out in GT2 to only finish becoming the first and second American cars in 3 decades to win in their class. The Viper also become the first production-based American car in the winner's circle.

FIA GT, the Vipers would go on to take 5 title between 1997 and 2002.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 09-23-2006 at 10:42 AM.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    When have the americans made a car that has both impresive performance and quality? The Corvette is not that great it performs but isn't built to last, and every good car Ford has made has been British.
    please explain how the corvette is not built to last
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Jesus tap dancing christ....
    Youve never even been in an American car...
    LMFAO! Your responses are witty and give me a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    please explain how the corvette is not built to last
    Other than they don't age well, and, judging by a good friend of mines expirience, cost a lot repair properly. They are made to keep the price low while retaining performance, so quality gets the axe.

Other than they don't age well, and, judging by a good friend of mines expirience, cost a lot repair properly. They are made to keep the price low while retaining performance, so quality gets the axe.
    Such irony coming from the kid with a british car in his avatar.
    Dont age well? Explain?
    Cost of repair (depending on what exatly is damaged) is usually no greater than your average car. Having the drivetrain of a Corvette in my car, I can tell you from experience that its problem free. I personally know a handful of vette owners(of various years), all of which have no problems.
    Son, there is more to keeping price low than to just "axe the quality." The engine is mass produced (although handbuilt) and relatively cheap. The transmission, which I must add is very stout, is also a very mass produced item (and not by GM). The chassis is extremely stiff, and created using waterpressure (and is now shared with the XLR, cutting the price down even more, given the greater production). The car is hand assembled in only one plant. Its cheaper than cars like Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches ect. because for starters look at the materials they are using. Those companies outsource much less than GM, and do not produce as many cars, or have available crate engines etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Such irony coming from the kid with a british car in his avatar.
    Dont age well? Explain?
    Cost of repair (depending on what exatly is damaged) is usually no greater than your average car. Having the drivetrain of a Corvette in my car, I can tell you from experience that its problem free. I personally know a handful of vette owners(of various years), all of which have no problems.
    Son, there is more to keeping price low than to just "axe the quality." The engine is mass produced (although handbuilt) and relatively cheap. The transmission, which I must add is very stout, is also a very mass produced item (and not by GM). The chassis is extremely stiff, and created using waterpressure (and is now shared with the XLR, cutting the price down even more, given the greater production). The car is hand assembled in only one plant. Its cheaper than cars like Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches ect. because for starters look at the materials they are using. Those companies outsource much less than GM, and do not produce as many cars, or have available crate engines etc.
    Sounds about right with me..

From what I've seen, experienced, and heard, C5 and C6 Generation corvettes have been doing quite well in the reliability and upkeep departments. I think the whole 'crap quality' aura hanging over the Corvette is from the C3 and C4 generations, mainly the C4 though.

C3 C4 are the only generations I or anyone I associate with have had much experience with. They suck. They don't last, and I never said British cars did. I am not saying the quality coming out of blackpool is better; it isn't. I am saying that the Corvette is overhyped. It sipmly isn't as good as other things in its performance range, but performs far better than anything it's price range-it is praised because it has no direct competition.

Its obvious youve never been to the US or rode in a FGT its faster then the Ferrari 430 and the Lambo Gallardo.. There are quite a few lotus here. How isnt the GT a fast car? If you could share what your smoking Id apreciate it.

C3 C4 are the only generations I or anyone I associate with have had much experience with. They suck. They don't last, and I never said British cars did. I am not saying the quality coming out of blackpool is better; it isn't. I am saying that the Corvette is overhyped. It sipmly isn't as good as other things in its performance range, but performs far better than anything it's price range-it is praised because it has no direct competition.
    The Corvette Z06 is faster then the Gallardo and the 430 on any track and there both in its performance range. What sports car does last these days? Ive seen many 100k mile C5 corvettes running strong. The LS1 is a well built long lasting engine. Read up before you post again. As slicks said the T-56 is a pretty nice trans and so is the old 4 speed auto.

You judge one car when theres millions out there. That arent that bad to fix either.
    Last edited by rev440; 09-23-2006 at 02:07 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

I have no experience with stock C3s (always have swapped 454s or 427s with lots of mods) but I do with LT1 C4s. They are meh quality wise but still reliable and solid vehicles.
    If youve been in a C5, or better yet a C5 Z06 you wouldnt be calling it overhyped, but rather underrated. The C4 and C5 are like a complete world apart, very different cars. The C5 reminds me of a bigger Miata with balls.
    It isnt "as good" as other things in its performance range because everything in its performance range is at least double in price (if you can get it for the MSRP). Then consider matainence of cars like Porsche, Ferrari etc. A brake job alone is worth a new car.
    The Corvette is praised because of what it can do. $50,000 gets you a Porsche eating car with nav, all the creature comforts you want and a one of a kind heads up display. More luggage room than any other sports car in its class. A car that can be easily driven daily, and can average 25-30mpg if you dont drive like a jackass, but open it up and its like a lesbian sex orgy in your ears with almost telepathic throttle response.

Thread Information