Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First American V12 supercar: Brammo Rogue GT

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    And they greatly increase the performance of the car. And when were trying to compare as even as possible, tires are a big factor.
    Comparisons are supposed to be as even as possible, but just because one manufacturer makes a tyre choice that isn't as good as the other, that's just one thing aginst that car.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    All the eurofanboys are whining about the F430 being able to beat the Z06, but overlook its only when wearing the Pirelli P Zero Corsa's.
    If GM were serious about it being a car that beat a 430 or Gallardo, then they've got to accept that a serious sports car needs good tyres, not some rubbish rubber that let's them not equip a spare.

So many of the top rung sports cars of today in a manufacturers line are all fitted with semi-slick race tyres, i.e M3 CSL (Michelin Pilot Sport Cups) GT3 RS (Porsche-spec Corsas) 360CS (Corsas), hell, even the HSV DTS cars came with Corsas, and they were only a ~$75,000AUD car (about $55,000USD)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

Then maybe people wouldn't feel the need to make excuses about "tyres" and "it costs $XXX,000 less", etc.
    Hell it should be a nicer car its alot more money. But in all honesty its not how much the car costs its about when you get on the gas and see what it does. The tires are a big deal on a car like this. The Z06 is a torque monster and is limited by its stock tires because it can spin them rather easy.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Hell it should be a nicer car its alot more money. But in all honesty its not how much the car costs its about when you get on the gas and see what it does. The tires are a big deal on a car like this. The Z06 is a torque monster and is limited by its stock tires because it can spin them rather easy.
    Then GM has made a poor tyre choice. Plain and simple.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

The ferarri is not available with pirellis from the factory. Therefore they are fitting after-market tires which can skew the results.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Nevermind. Bit of drunk taunting >.>;
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 09-24-2006 at 05:34 AM.

But in all honesty its not how much the car costs its about when you get on the gas and see what it does.
    That is true - the cost of the car should not determine its performance - as proven by cars like the Caterham Seven, Lotus Elise and Ultima GTR.

But why is it that, despite being faster round a lap than the 997 Turbo and F430, the Z06 still comes last overall?

Things such as enjoyment, feedback etc, cannot be quantified, yet these things appear to take a back seat to the numbers when it comes to American sportscars.

If Chevrolet had put as much effort into making the Corvette as fun to drive as the Ferrari, instead of chasing the utterly meaningless title of "most lateral g", there would be no reason for it not to have come first.

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    The ferarri is not available with pirellis from the factory.
    As I mentioned before - the 575M HGTC was available with Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres as standard, as was the 360 Challenge Stradale therefore I would be surprised if Ferrari did not still offer them, even if only as an option on other models.

Do you have any proof that they are not available?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    That is true - the cost of the car should not determine its performance - as proven by cars like the Caterham Seven, Lotus Elise and Ultima GTR.

But why is it that, despite being faster round a lap than the 997 Turbo and F430, the Z06 still comes last overall?

Things such as enjoyment, feedback etc, cannot be quantified, yet these things appear to take a back seat to the numbers when it comes to American sportscars.

If Chevrolet had put as much effort into making the Corvette as fun to drive as the Ferrari, instead of chasing the utterly meaningless title of "most lateral g", there would be no reason for it not to have come first.

As I mentioned before - the 575M HGTC was available with Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres as standard, as was the 360 Challenge Stradale therefore I would be surprised if Ferrari did not still offer them, even if only as an option on other models.

Do you have any proof that they are not available?
    I have proof of a 430 owner trying to get them on his car from the factory and they werent avable. Im sure the Ferrari is a tamer more mild mannered car on the street as it should be.

I have proof of a 430 owner trying to get them on his car from the factory and they werent avable. Im sure the Ferrari is a tamer more mild mannered car on the street as it should be.
    What proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    What proof?
    Its only a owner on FCHAT stating he could not get the Corsa tires on hes car from the factory.

So it is just word of mouth; I would like to see some hard evidence if there is any to be seen, but I can't be bother to look now-things I have to do.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Haha, so now that the americans have proven that their cars are indeed very fast, the EU's have decided to discount speed as meaningless in comparison with other traits.

Nice trick, but just admit the US can make fast cars! Just a little respect.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    Haha, so now that the americans have proven that their cars are indeed very fast, the EU's have decided to discount speed as meaningless in comparison with other traits.

Fast cars that are of substandard quality.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Then GM has made a poor tyre choice. Plain and simple.

or maybe they made a wise choice, consiering that tires are one of the number one things people change on the car. if ur gonna drag, auto-x, daily drive, road course, whatever their all going to take different tires. GM said hey i know, lets put some halfway decent all purpose tires on here, so that we can keep costs down because people are just going to change the tires anyways to do what they want to do with the car. unlike a lambo theres a MUCH MUCH broader audience buying the vette
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

This might seem crazy, but why don't we discuss the Brammo Rogue GT? I personally doubt it will be all that impressive. Just another bloated status symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft

We all know they can. The problem is that now when my fellow Americans see Z06 or S7, they think they're god for their incredible price or stated top speed. The fact that is forgotten though is that these cars are not gods. They are now on par with the Europeans. Sure, they got speed, but the Europeans and Japanese always manage to stay just a step further on handling.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information