Thread: Montreal cop suspended for playing both sides :)

Montreal cop suspended for playing both sides :)

A Montreal police officer who also ran a legal advice firm for traffic offenders has been suspended without pay for conflict of interest. Sgt. Alfredo Munoz was a supervisor by night and operator of SOS Ticket by day. His company provides legal representation for motorists charged with traffic offenses. "How can you be a police officer who supervises other police officers, who may at times give out tickets, and at the same time have a company where you give advice to people about contesting these tickets?" asked Inspector Paul Chablo, head of the Montreal police force's media relations department. Munoz uses the knowledge he gains in law enforcement to potentially help offenders beat the system. "We find it unacceptable that an officer would undo the work of another officer," spokesman Martin Viau said.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

I see no problem with that.

He may be another person who is sick and tired of the police catching speeders rather than burglars, and sees speeding tickets as another way to generate revenue.

That's what it's like here...

He could be helping people who shouldn't hav speedin tickets
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    I agree with th point the police has..it is a conflict of inerest..it's like racing for Ferrari and owning McLaren..you can take inside Ferrari tips, technology etc. to McLaren..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

That's not exactly a good example bmwpower. Many race car drivers own very exotic cars. 99% of them most of the time don't boast to other companies about their racing team's technology because half the time, they're just racing the technology, not developing, and those that do boast, and let out, by the time the opponent develops the technology, their racing team has developed something else.

Very nice try, but not a great example.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    lol yea probably isn't..just tried to convey it into simple car terms..knowing you of course you have to completely analyse it..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Thread Information