Thread: "Mock Stock" Case Mods

"Mock Stock" Case Mods

I've always thought case modding was goofy since almost everyone makes the same case with with slightly different neon lights, but this is one trend I can get behind. It's called "Mock Stock", and the idea is to modify the **** out of your normal computer case until it looks even more normal and unassuming than when you started. The basic template for a good mock stock mod is:

* Take your aluminum case and sand it, then apply a coat of primer
    * Paint the case beige
    * Cut out a gigantic side window
    * Mount a recessed panel which is painted beige inside the window, giving the illusion that there is no window at all
    * Attach a green button labeled "Turbo" to the front of the case that does absolutely nothing
    * Add an ungodly amount of neon lights that match the ambient light of the room
    * Stick a baseball card in the cpu fan's spokes to compensate for exceedingly quiet cooling technology

If you want to get really fancy you can set up an LED panel that displays the message "Nothing interesting going on here", but only advanced modders should attempt anything of the sort without professional supervision and an eye irrigation station nearby.
    from somethingawful.com

Genius "Unpimp my Case"

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Hope my case mod isn't too "normal".

Before:

After:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Thread Information