Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Vista minimum requirements???

Quote Originally Posted by tuk3410 View Post
    Sorry to go off topic but I just found a 4GB RAM stick in reply to my post above. This means that 16GB is possible but only if you like wasting money
    most motherboards would limit that i think
    autozine.org

Sorry to go off topic but I just found a 4GB RAM stick in reply to my post above. This means that 16GB is possible but only if you like wasting money
    When we first heard of the 9GB, there was no 4GB sticks, 8GB was practically the maximum. I still don“t know how it really was, but IIRC it was suggested that he actually had a 9GB HDD.

Maybe Gtek-i can tell more once his ban ends..?

The minimum requirement for Vista are: Being sad enough to spend £200 so you can scroll through the the programmes you are running! WOW hardcore update!
    Come-on, whats wrong with XP?? Why update?
    You can scroll programs in XP too, using the Alt + Tab combination. But there really is more differences than that... There“s also the thread about games that require Vista to run.

Personally I“ve just bought a laptop with XP Pro so I“m not going to update to Vista for ages.

You can scroll programs in XP too, using the Alt + Tab combination. But there really is more differences than that... There“s also the thread about games that require Vista to run.

Personally I“ve just bought a laptop with XP Pro so I“m not going to update to Vista for ages.[/QUOTE]
    Yea i know you can do it in XP, I do it all the time, its just that Vista has a new "posh" way where they all scroll on screen at once, you must have seen a video or something of it. Good on you for getting XP Pro on your Laptop because alot of people waited for Vista to come out so they could get it on their laptops and PC's and ended up paying like £200/250 more lol

Quote Originally Posted by tuk3410
    Yea i know you can do it in XP, I do it all the time, its just that Vista has a new "posh" way where they all scroll on screen at once, you must have seen a video or something of it. Good on you for getting XP Pro on your Laptop because alot of people waited for Vista to come out so they could get it on their laptops and PC's and ended up paying like £200/250 more lol
    Yes, I know about Vista“s visual tricks, for them I wouldn“t pay extra. I didn“t exactly choose XP for the laptop, I buy computers by the hardware only.

Thread Information