Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS-D3

Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS-D3

I have decided to put a set of these onto my ride. According to this site and the survey http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/max.jsp an average of 9/10 out of 400 comments. Not a bad choice.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a BMW 330i at speed.

https://www.facebook.com/BMW330iMSport/

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitt
    I have decided to put a set of these onto my ride. According to this site and the survey http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/max.jsp an average of 9/10 out of 400 comments. Not a bad choice.
    Interesting comparison. How does it work, are all tyres mounted to the same car type? Have all drivers been selected according to a similar driving style? Have all tyres been tested under the same circumstances? Or are we assuming that the sheer number of observations will level out any anomalies? In short, how statistically sound are these verdicts? Interesting also to see that a Goodyear product tops and bottoms the list.

If this was my one source, I would agree with you. It is possibly statistically inaccurate. However 400 reviewers, rating is 9/10 is good though. You need to read the user reviews and what type of cars they drive and how they drive to form a more accurate oppinion.

I have sought information from a number of sources to come to my conclusion. I listed the one above to show others what I selected.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a BMW 330i at speed.

https://www.facebook.com/BMW330iMSport/

I didn't want to question your choice of tyres, I was just interested in the way they collected the data, which looked almost too accurate and precise.

We have a set of these on the Libra. They are the best ones to have. Gareth Cole who drives a Libra and regulaly track days his says that they are by far the best.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    We have a set of these on the Libra. They are the best ones to have. Gareth Cole who drives a Libra and regulaly track days his says that they are by far the best.
    Bridgestone D-03's are the best on the A610.

The Yoko AVS's roll too much and bead up badly as they warm-up.
    I got 1/2 track day at Knockhill on a set - made THAT an expensive day

I'd tried previous Eagles and they were hell in the wet.

Michelin's aren't made any more ( there was a special assymetric tread pattern size for the A610s )

Been thinking about trying the P.Zeros as they're OK on the Matra
    ( Another special Michelin size - bloody French designers !!!! )

The point is that it's performance on YOUR car in the conditions YOU drive in that matter.
    So what if every BMW 7-series owner says the XYZ tyre is excellent.
    They probably only use the car to get from home to the company car park
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

What, by the way, is a Libra??

You obviously havn't been paying attention to my posts.
    After i posted i realised that the F1's wont be great on all cars but for a balance between dry and wet in a high performance mid-engined sports car, these are the ones to have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just call me Tom

Sorry I should probably read more contemporary English car magazines. Your avatar looks like a Porsche so I paid no further attention.

After i posted i realised that the F1's wont be great on all cars but for a balance between dry and wet in a high performance mid-engined sports car, these are the ones to have.
    Don't want to start an argument, but the class winner in the Alpine Hillclimb also says the Bridgestones are the better tyre in competition as well as road use for the A610 - a rear-engined RWD with 50:50 balance sportscar .
    So 100% of the A610s used on track in the UK say Bridgestones
    The other thing to add is the DRIVER can make a difference too.
    I run harder pressures on the fronts as I WANT the tyre to stay in shape under braking as I turn in. I brake later and feather the braking onto power as I turn in to keep the car balanced and avoid tail-happiness at the apex.
    I wear them out more than other drivers ( I'm used to heel-and-toe from rallying and on some tracks where I stay in gear I left foot brake )
    Ithink it was this style that made the AVS' a poor choice for me
    Just adding another 2 pennies worth to the equiation for those wondering what to do !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I've got the Potenza's (Bridgestone) on my ride. Very good tires I think! Very un-cheap too...
    [B]...Cuore Sportivo...[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Don't want to start an argument, but the class winner in the Alpine Hillclimb also says the Bridgestones are the better tyre in competition as well as road use for the A610 - a rear-engined RWD with 50:50 balance sportscar .
    So 100% of the A610s used on track in the UK say Bridgestones
    The other thing to add is the DRIVER can make a difference too.
    I run harder pressures on the fronts as I WANT the tyre to stay in shape under braking as I turn in. I brake later and feather the braking onto power as I turn in to keep the car balanced and avoid tail-happiness at the apex.
    I wear them out more than other drivers ( I'm used to heel-and-toe from rallying and on some tracks where I stay in gear I left foot brake )
    Ithink it was this style that made the AVS' a poor choice for me
    Just adding another 2 pennies worth to the equiation for those wondering what to do !!!
    Yeah i dont want to argue because i would only loose! F1's best for Libra, Bridgestones for A610.
    Just call me Tom

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Sorry I should probably read more contemporary English car magazines. Your avatar looks like a Porsche so I paid no further attention.
    I dont mean to offend but I take that as quite an insult as i dont like Porsches to much.
    Just call me Tom

I dont mean to offend but I take that as quite an insult as i dont like Porsches to much.
    Well, avatars appear very small on my laptop and your's didn't look too much different from a Porsche to make me search what it was in reality. And to be honest, I suspect more people would choose a Porsche than a Libra as an avatar. I apologise if I hurt your feelings

No worries!
    Just call me Tom

Thread Information