View Poll Results: Which game do you think is better?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mafia

7 63.64%
  • The Godfather

4 36.36%

Thread: Mafia vs Godfather

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

Mafia vs Godfather

Both games are about early 20th century mobs in America, but which one do you think is a better game?

I personally think Mafia is better for the variety of cars, the better AI, and its storyline. My bro argued that The Godfather is better because it at least has a real life city, but I think its game pace is just too quick to be realisticly close to the orignal mob style, plus they just ripped off the whole storyline off of the movie.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I've only played Mafia... I have finished the game like 6 or 7 times. It's just so awesome
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Mafia vs. The Godfather - The Conclusive Analysis,
    hopla:
    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions...&union_id=2320

I haven't played either of them (I kind of gave up on my PS2 after finishing GTA SA for the 3rd time), but I have heard they are both quite good.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The Godfather for me.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Mafia... there's really nothing to compare, Mafia is much more evolved, even behing a older game.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I've bought both the games. I've finished Mafia a few times. I'm currently playing the Godfather. Both the games have their strong points. The storyline in Mafia is fantastic, you really get in the skin of a mobster. The mission's are varied, the cut scenes are briljant. And for the car-enthusiast it offers a lot off different cars and you even can race at a track in 1 mission.
    The Godfather offers a much larger city, but with a lot of buildings looking exactly like each other. Driving around it is sometimes very frustrating beacuse there's often only one way that leads from one district to the other. The fighting is more varied than in Mafia, you can strangle people, place dynamite and things like that. But it's rather complicated to fight, you have to use a lot of buttons. Sometimes the strangling doesn't work and the enemy just shoots you, very annoying. The mission are quite nice, allthough pretty hard sometimes. The graphics in the Godfather aren't that great either, in the in game menu you can hardly adjust anything, very strange???
    The variety of cars is pretty bad in the Godfather, quite a shame.

Overal I prefer Mafia, because it's easier (nicer) to play, the storyline is epic, and hardly has any bad points. I hope the Godfather becomes better after I played it some more.
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information