Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite engine and why

The McLaren F1 - the best
    McLaren F1 is the best car ever

RB26DETT, extremely tunable!!!

strangely enough, maybe, but i kinda like how the V-10 engines of F-1 cars scream...

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I like pushrod V8's in general, the Chevy 350 or Ford 302/351W in particular. Damn near unbrakeable, infinitely modifiable, ridiculously easy to work on, almost every mehcanic has had experience with them, cheap to find and build, and they sound and perform great.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by bum-man
    of course it did that with drag slicks and not streetable tires.
    Actually the slicks were 100% street legal, that was the point of the car, 100% street legal 8 second car.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    I like pushrod V8's in general, the Chevy 350 or Ford 302/351W in particular. Damn near unbrakeable, infinitely modifiable, ridiculously easy to work on, almost every mehcanic has had experience with them, cheap to find and build, and they sound and perform great.
    Definetly, inexpencive, lightweight, powerful,so tunable, and reliable.

I like the Gen3/Gen4/BOSS290/Windsor engines
    coltyu. d;-)!

Mine is the Honda RA167-E, used in 1987 by the Williams F1 team. 1.5 Liter V6 twin turbocharged and making somewhere in the area of 900-1000 hp. The Tag-Porsche engines of that same here were cool too, used by McLaren. In fact the turbo era of F1 was just awesome.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

My favorite american engine is the chevy 350. It has awesom potential, and when you put the pelad to the floor just about breaks your neck if your not prepared. My favorite engine from Europe>3.6 L. Flat 6 in the porsche gt2.

i think that the SLR, Koenigsegg CC8s and the TVR sagaris sound amazing so does the M3csl, ford GT, etc...

personally i love the SLR engine , and the CCR eventually

EDIT:/ how could we forget the COsworth engines
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

BMW Inline 6, they have their V8 and V12 but BMW will never drop its 6. In development since the 1930s.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    BMW Inline 6, they have their V8 and V12 but BMW will never drop its 6. In development since the 1930s.
    they had no six between the demise of the 501/6 and the arrival of the 2500. Must have been more than 10 years at least.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I personally like the SR20DET. Though not the most powerful still awesome.

I love the old Windsor V8's in the Falcons, cheap, affordable power and they sound absolutely fantastic!

2JZ-GE Twin Turbo Supra engines are awesome aswell. Sound cool and are incredibly strong bases for tuning. That can also be said of SR20DET and RB25DET engines, out of Silvias and Skylines respectively.

Hemi!!

love the V8,doesn't matter what,they just sound great but my fav engine for awesome reliability,tuneability and great power to weight is the Cosworth 16V 2.0L turbo as long as it is built right,an engine that is economical and dosile off boost and totally wild on

Thread Information