Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From 10/10 to 0/10

let's dissect the 10/10 section made by IWantAnAudiRS6 a little more and list out the top Jap. car. Would it be Lexus and Toyota at the top, or Honda and Acura etc.

And i'd also like to ask about Subaru, Mazda and Mitsubishi, how do these brands fit on the list

Quote Originally Posted by Ziostilon
    let's dissect the 10/10 section made by IWantAnAudiRS6 a little more and list out the top Jap. car. Would it be Lexus and Toyota at the top, or Honda and Acura etc.

And i'd also like to ask about Subaru, Mazda and Mitsubishi, how do these brands fit on the list
    I'd say it's Honda that makes the most reliable, to be honest.

In all fairness, Japanese brands barely go wrong- if you are going to buy one, you can knock reliability out of the equation and just concentrate on what is right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower
    ACURA 3.2 TL TYPE-S is a sexy beast...10 all the way..
    Oh and yeah i just remembered....are transmission f*cked up on our 3.2 TL....but it was just because it was the first year with sportshift...i think. Still Hondas/Acuras are good.

japanese brands 10/10 - American about 5-7/10 (they have a few misses) - and anything euro down around 0.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    japanese brands 10/10 - American about 5-7/10 (they have a few misses) - and anything euro down around 0.
    FANBOY!!!!

What about Porsche/BMW/Audi? Those are three very, very reliable brands.

Are you sure Jaguar is up that high too? I've heard really bad things about their reliability. But that might be the older times, maybe its better now.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    FANBOY!!!!

What about Porsche/BMW/Audi? Those are three very, very reliable brands.
    Audi not particularly, BMW most definately not, and porsche only because after 40 years you'd hope they could make it reliable
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I heard Jaguar is really horrible with the electronics.

Audi not particularly, BMW most definately not, and porsche only because after 40 years you'd hope they could make it reliable
    You are an idiot. Audis, BMWs and Porsches are all very reliable. What does the fact that Porsche has been producing a 911 for 40 years have to do with reliability, it is a completely different car.
    As for the comments about Jaguar, they are now reasonably reliable-and the older ones' reliabily varies by car and model year, not that they were ever held in high regard for reliability.

You obviously get sent the seconds, because you're inferior to us Brits

All three brands mentioned score highly in reliability tests in the UK.

The score high here too, he's just a moron. He probably hasn't forgiven Audi's late 80s early 90s electrical gremlins.

I can't take a list that puts jag as an 8/10 seriously at all. Also I'd switch mercedes and chevrolet.

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve87
    I can't take a list that puts jag as an 8/10 seriously at all. Also I'd switch mercedes and chevrolet.
    ... Er, the XJ was the 1st most reliable car in Britain last year.

The XK finished in the low 20's.

The S-Type was around 30.

The X-Type was the only dismal finisher, 116th out of 142 cars.

The reliability thingy should also take into consideration how many hi-tech gadgetrys was tucked inside each car. Take Subaru for example, their cars weren't as reliable as other Jap makes mainly because they dont simply produce cars like Corollas, packed with Airbags and nothing else -- There's simply nothing there to fail !

Anyway, i would say Jap cars are the first when it comes to reliability, same as most Asian makes because plainly there's nothing in there except an engine and a very robust, unefficient gbox. Compared to germans who fought one another for the latest this or that.

actually i think the problem may be that complex cars tend to break in harsher conditions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    You are an idiot. Audis, BMWs and Porsches are all very reliable. What does the fact that Porsche has been producing a 911 for 40 years have to do with reliability, it is a completely different car.
    As for the comments about Jaguar, they are now reasonably reliable-and the older ones' reliabily varies by car and model year, not that they were ever held in high regard for reliability.
    lol. except you're completely wrong, bar the porsche (which is reliable... i should know, lol). BMW's and Audi's, apart from some of the latest models and their more expensives models are consistently plagued by reliability gremlins. just read the dog and lemon guide... or own one, when you grow up.
    seems you are the idiot.... although that is common knowledge due to your other less than useful posts.

edit: and if you really want unreliablity, look no further than mercedes or most things french..

Thread Information