Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • German

24 58.54%
  • italian

17 41.46%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Germany vs italy

i'll take whatever i want.. which includes cars from both countries.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari p4\5
    i mean better , style , handling . performance , reliabilty .. etc
    Well in that case, Germany wins! German cars are more RELIABLE than the Italians. Italian cars are amazing cars, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Pagani, all good cars. But when you put RELIABILITY in to the equasion it automatically falls into the hands of the Germans. Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Volkswagen and Porsche all good, RELIABLE cars. If it were just style, handling and performance it would be more of a draw. But in this case, it Germany for me.

In VW Golf vs FIAT Stilo the Golf is maybe the best but if you compare Porsche GT to Pagani Zonda I believe it's equal. But for styling the Germans don't stand a chance, they are plain boring so all in all the Italians win in my opinion;o)
    Team Fiattitude

And the Zonda has a German engine too.

Whats the point of buying a Italian car when it cant even pass the APK/MOT after three years Believ me,it happens more than once. I have seen Italian "masterpieces" being eaten by rust within a couple of years. I once even heard an AR dealer say that some allready have rust when they arrive at his dealership

For those reasons i'd definately not take an Italian car. Nor would i take a German car. Thy are usually too bland. They dont really attract attention,they just blend in. Italian cars get attention,but too much. I'd say the French cars from a certain manufacturer on the Quai Javelin would suit me best

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    For those reasons i'd definately not take an Italian car. Nor would i take a German car. Thy are usually too bland. They dont really attract attention,they just blend in. Italian cars get attention,but too much. I'd say the French cars from a certain manufacturer on the Quai Javelin would suit me best
    French !!!!!!! come on !!
    can Desire be engineered ?

Whats the point of buying a Italian car when it cant even pass the APK/MOT after three years Believ me,it happens more than once. I have seen Italian "masterpieces" being eaten by rust within a couple of years. I once even heard an AR dealer say that some allready have rust when they arrive at his dealership
    Drakkie - don't you think you are being overly dramatic here?

Wasn't it your uncle Sei Cilindri who owns several Italian "masterpieces" older than a few years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari p4\5
    French !!!!!!! come on !!
    Ferrari p4\5, please drop that awful colored font. Thank you.

Germany! The perfection, the performance etc.
    Mercedes-Benz fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I'd take German cars all the way.

Limo with 612bhp, anyone? Or maybe a supercar with 605bhp? Maybe a grand tourer with 627bhp? Perhaps sir would like an estate car with 480bhp. And another with 507bhp.

Then you've got the overall air of quality from (most) makes. I love sitting in Audis. They radiate quality, solidity, maybe not verve as much... but they feel nice. Porsche interiors are wicked-bad, particularly the Cayenne's.

Handling- not really many problems from any of the marques. Otherwise they wouldn't be so popular. You can have edge from BMW, sure-footedness from Audi or laid-back qualities in Mercedes. Or just out-and-out amazing from Porsche. Whatever.

This may sound old-gitlike, but they're also really practical. As a musician, I like practical. I also like subtlety, so I can pull up next to some ricemobile at the lights so they can play "Spot the boot badge" with me.
    *tear* :')
    All I need: Audi S8 & Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote Originally Posted by Amaru
    *tear* :')
    Is that tears of happiness?

don't you find it ironic that you complain about italian cars being unreliable, and then you choose a french car?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Germany for one reason.

1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Germany for one reason.

1.8T
    Sorry, has Quiggs hijacked your user account?

The answer could be purely Italians if all had to be considered. But there exist Porsche and BMW, and when Lamborghini was revived by the Germans. The answer is clear.

There will be the day when Fiat bankcrupted and Ferrari was sold to either one of the German marques, who seem to be able to revive any good, solid marques. Whereas the Americans seem to spoil every marque they put hands upon. Ok, Volvo's doing well but seems their independency from Ford is the very reason they had success.

Italian without a single doubt!
    German cars are too predictable, bland and overly perfect. Adding to that the horrible "flaming surface" design being used for some years by BMW, recent hideous creations by Audi, monsters (and I don't mean their power output ) like R-Class or S-Class. They also have only big sports car maker, Porsche. Summing up, german cars are not-too-good-looking machines without a bit of soul, that need to be equipped with ridiculously powerful engines to attract real attention.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Thread Information