Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peugeot 908 HDi FAP (LMP1) 2007-2011

The driver sits really low in there. It looks as if it'll be rather tight for quick driver changes too as the door seems to be quite small. Overall though I like it, and I really liked the closed cockpit Bentley too.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Audi has a great adversary for le Mans and endurance series...

Quote Originally Posted by hchanhle
    Audi has a great adversary for le Mans and endurance series...
    I doubt this car will ever be seen in the ALMS, since Peugeot has no comerical interest in the US whatsoever. And the ELMS are pretty much dead (or have they disapeared already?). This car was created with the sole intention of kicking Audi's ass in Le Mans.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I doubt this car will ever be seen in the ALMS, since Peugeot has no comerical interest in the US whatsoever. And the ELMS are pretty much dead (or have they disapeared already?). This car was created with the sole intention of kicking Audi's ass in Le Mans.
    Too bad if they don't plan to run it in the ALMS because this could do wonders image wise for Peugeot if they ever plan to make it back to the US... Also it would be a great training and development tool to prepare for Le Mans...

Based on the experience of Peugeot in different sports series and the quality of their pilots, Audi will have a handful...

It looks a bit like a open endurance racer which has had a roof added.
    Isn't that what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Isn't that what it is?
    Well I doubt it. They must have designed from the start as a closed car. What I meant is that the roof looks like an afterthought, like if it was first a an oper car which had a roof added later, even if it isn't.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well I doubt it. They must have designed from the start as a closed car. What I meant is that the roof looks like an afterthought, like if it was first a an oper car which had a roof added later, even if it isn't.
    it has to accomodate a double roll bar, which makes it look disproportionally high.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The Le Mans Series is very much live and kicking and was arguably one of the most exciting series last year. The new season will be even better with full, high quality grids; also in LMP1 and GT1, which can not be said from the much praised ALMS.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

In the side profile it's almost as ugly as a Daytona Prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    The Le Mans Series is very much live and kicking and was arguably one of the most exciting series last year. The new season will be even better with full, high quality grids; also in LMP1 and GT1, which can not be said from the much praised ALMS.
    Are there any works teams actually entered in the Le Mans series?
    Visca Catalunya!

I fail to see how that is important. Two of the four class winners at Le Mans were from the Le Mans Series, as was the runner up overall.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

how would you define "works team"?
    Is Radical a works team?
    Is Courage a works team?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    I fail to see how that is important. Two of the four class winners at Le Mans were from the Le Mans Series, as was the runner up overall.
    It's not important to the excitement of the race, but it's important if Peugeot was deciding which series to enter.

And I should have specified works teams from car manufacturers.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's not important to the excitement of the race, but it's important if Peugeot was deciding which series to enter.

so that would include Aston Martin, Porsche, Spyker, Ferrari, Courage, Pescarolo, Radical. Lola...

It's a grey area, you know. All the private Porsches have plenty of support. Would you call the Joest team 'works' when they enter Audis in the Le Mans Series? As for 'works' team in the ALMS, the only one confirmed for 2007 is Audi. Prodrive will not enter again and the Corvette plans are still up in the air. That's not much for the GT1 or LMP1 classes. That will be totally different in the Le Mans Series with a colourful bunch in both classes.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information