Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti

correction

Quote Originally Posted by mj9977
    Yea, it has 300 hp.
    It actually has 292hp and 290 togue.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    One of the best features of the STi is its sound. Whereas, the EVO sounds like a whistle and a pressurized helium canister and a hiss, all blown through a 3 inch pipe with a hint of an IC engine in the mix, somewhere; the STi has a nice boxer rumble with some turbo wooshings.
    True, true. My cousin has a "97 model WRX and boy does the tone sound awesome!
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

The STi is pretty much the greatest car on the market today. They're fast, the handle like they're on rails, they're fun, they're safe, they're practicale, and they sound amazing. End of Story

is there not a 400hp version, not official but produced in significant numbers.
    autozine.org

Litchfield Imprezza Type 25 FTW!!!!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by HSVLVR
    True, true. My cousin has a "97 model WRX and boy does the tone sound awesome!
    My friend Dad has a '98 P1 with pipercross induction kit and a 5inch exhaust
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    My friend Dad has a '98 P1 with pipercross induction kit and a 5inch exhaust
    OMG HAWTTT. B00M C4NN0N ExHaUst!
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by 96BattleWagon
    The STi is pretty much the greatest car on the market today. They're fast, the handle like they're on rails, they're fun, they're safe, they're practicale, and they sound amazing. End of Story
    Erm no. That depends on what you search in a car. But if you are happy with it that's fine.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

boom cannon is right. ive seen diesel trucks with smaller exhausts that that.

I love the WRX though. Honestly a car i would probably never put up. Just because it isnt afraid of snow. Well as long as you dont have performance rubber on those beautiful gold rims.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

I've got an 04 Sti, and I can attest to the use of those Bridgestone RE070's being foolish on the snow. They're worse than I could ever have imagined.

The big improvement of the 05 and 06 Sti is thanks to a more clever rear differential and suspension upgrades. My 04 fires a hefty warning shot of understeer at the limit before snapping pretty aggressively into oversteer. It's a first and second gear thing, unless you're insane, and the car's limits are so high on dry pavement you've got to be at pretty irresponsible speeds to lose grip anyway.

They're cars made to go fast, and that's about it. You'd have twice the fun at half the speed in a Miata, but if outrunning the other guy is on the agenda, the Sti is a good partner.

And yes, it sounds great, especially if you take the silencer off the turbocharger intake. In comparison, the EVO sounds like an over-taxed transit van. The Sti's engine really sets the car apart from the rest of the RYcerRZZZ crowd, though explaining exactly what a rally pedigree is and why your car actually needs that whopping great hood scoop to somebody who's already decided you're a hentai-crazed gamer looser is near impossible.

damn JRodrigues ...awsome pics!!.. that subi looks sick as Fl_lck..! i want it...!! that car LOOKS like A robot...!!!
    Turbo; a cars best friend.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tomodachi
    I would give my left nut for a s204!!!!
    Are you crazy, you don't know how much nuts are worth!

Thread Information