Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did we ever do to them?

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    [Image]

That pretty much sums it up.
    The swastika is backwards That direction means peace Irony.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 10-16-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    The swastika is backwards That direction means peace Irony.
    Piss off, I was making a valid point until you stuck your head above the parapet... you Eh-Hole

cant wait till they make a southpark about it again
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

While I don't think it's in good taste to make cartoons the Danish are, I back them 100%. The response from the radical Muslim world is aboslutely disgusting, and Iran's contest to make Holocaustal cartoons that would 'push the boundaries of free speech' don't exactly leave a moral high ground, here.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    The problem with YOU is that you make too damn many short-sighted oversimplifications.
    When I meet a muslim with a sense of humor I'll retract my statement, until then it stands.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    When I meet a muslim with a sense of humor I'll retract my statement, until then it stands.
    That's a rather silly thing to say...

You're going to have to be more specific. To say Muslims have no sense of humour is borderline racist, and it's pretty damn clear that this is a select group of Muslim extremists who are protesting the cartoons with violence. Let's not jump to conclusions, here.

It isn't racist, a muslim is just a person who follows the islamic faith. There are muslims of many different races (even white! ) so learn the difference before making flippant remarks.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

It isn't racist, a muslim is just a person who follows the islamic faith. There are muslims of many different races (even white! ) so learn the difference before making flippant remarks.
    What?
    he problem is that the muslims completly lack a sense of humor. If they made cartoons about any other religion they are ignored.
    You just stated that all Muslims, independant of race (even white! ), have no sense of humour. How is that any different from me saying 'the problem with the Jews is they all like money, and when I find a Jew who doesn't like money, I will retract my statement?'

Because muslims aren't a race, therefore I can't be called a racist for making anti-muslim statements.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Because muslims aren't a race, therefore I can't be called a racist for making anti-muslim statements.
    Well, I can still call you ignorant, indolent, stupid and xenophobic. Besides, it's not like Jews are exactly a seperate race, either.

What we are talking about here is "Ethnicity", ie groups of people bound together in a community by some sort of shared sociological ties, whether they be similar skin colour, language, or religion. The term "race" is largely an arbitrary and antiquated one given that it foregrounds biological/genetic differences, differences which are so minute as to not make any difference at all other than a few visual details. In reality there is no difference between making stereotypical judgements of somebody on account of the colour of the skin, and judging them on what religion they choose to follow. In both cases you are insulting that which makes them culturally and sociologically different from you, that which defines them within their own particular ethnicity. Saying that there are "no funny Muslims" is absolutely no different from saying there are "no funny black/Asian/white people", and it is certainly no less offensive or ignorant.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Another case of radical islamics taking things way too seriously and adding to the tarnished reputations of over 1.2 billion other muslims. I had a girlfriend who had more a sense of humor on PMS the weekend before the final exams she didn't study for than those radicals.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    It wasn't the Danish government
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Well it gives the entire Danish people in general a bad reputation.

Great, now I'm hungry...

Oh, yea. Everyone on the face of this planet needs to lighten the F up. It's a friggin' cartoon.

</pastry time>
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

h00t_h00t is right, but he just put it wrong. What he means is that they take their religion far too seriously, and the reaction they give to people making cartoons like that provides another reason to do it again. I mean, they can hardly complain, whilst they're driving their 'holy wars' into the sides of buildings, killing hundreds and thousands of innocent people.

Then again, these are a few that we actually see making this statement- I have many friends in this country who are Muslim, and they think that the reaction to some of these cartoons is a highly exaggerated one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    What we are talking about here is "Ethnicity", ie groups of people bound together in a community by some sort of shared sociological ties, whether they be similar skin colour, language, or religion. The term "race" is largely an arbitrary and antiquated one given that it foregrounds biological/genetic differences, differences which are so minute as to not make any difference at all other than a few visual details. In reality there is no difference between making stereotypical judgements of somebody on account of the colour of the skin, and judging them on what religion they choose to follow. In both cases you are insulting that which makes them culturally and sociologically different from you, that which defines them within their own particular ethnicity. Saying that there are "no funny Muslims" is absolutely no different from saying there are "no funny black/Asian/white people", and it is certainly no less offensive or ignorant.
    You call me ignorant yet you still can't distinguish a religion and a race? Muslims are follows of Islam, Islam is a religion NOT a race. You are all just desperatly trying to "defeat" the "racist" you've branded based on a complete and total lack of understanding of what a race actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Well, I can still call you ignorant, indolent, stupid and xenophobic. Besides, it's not like Jews are exactly a seperate race, either.
    Its ironic really that you would call me ignorant and stupid when you yourself have for some reason decided that I am either lazy or some sort of benine tumor depending on your definition of indolent. Also where have I actually shown fear of people who are different to me, especially when saying "Muslims have no sense of humor" which indicates at the worst anti-muslim sentiments but in no way implys that I hate all things that are strange and unknown which is what xenophobia is afterall.

No, Jews are not a race, its funny how you understand that but not that the same applys to Muslims.
    Last edited by h00t_h00t; 10-13-2006 at 04:40 PM.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Thread Information