Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Plane Crash in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Hmm, that's kind of impossible since my mother has already died.
    Would you have laughed if she died by sticking a fork into an electrical outlet? Or, even better, driven her BMW X3 into a flooded street?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

If my mother had been that stupid, probably. It's common sense not to. I can feel sorry for her, but the point would remain that doing that would make her stupid.

BTW, I'm not going to discuss this anymore with you because
    A) My mother wasn't that stupid.
    B) My mother has already passed making your example virtually impossible.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Well if you're going to explicetly bring up the point that you honestly don't give a shit if someone dies doing something stupid, you should be prepared for people to address this. It's really a disastrously flawed way of looking at things to think that people who die in ignorant situations don't deserve condolences.

If you die being a dumbass, you deserve to be treated like a dumbass afterwards.

Sure, it's sad, but what do you expect people to think when you tell people your wife drove through a flash flood after police warn her not to?

That she was an awesome, life-changing person, who just happened to be a dumbass as well? I can't see pity for that. They caused their own death through stupidity. It's somewhat like how many folks don't feel pain for people who take their own lifes because they don't feel important anymore.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

That she was an awesome, life-changing person, who just happened to be a dumbass as well?
    You don't think it's possible? Surely you must laugh in the face of Steve Irwin.
    I can't see pity for that. They caused their own death through stupidity.
    That's a rather cynical way to view such a matter, I'd expect someone who's experienced such death so close to have a more reasonable view, but if that's honestly your opinion, I can't hold it against you.
    It's somewhat like how many folks don't feel pain for people who take their own lifes because they don't feel important anymore.
    And it's not exactly like I sympathize with those who feel no pain for suicides.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    You don't think it's possible? Surely you must laugh in the face of Steve Irwin.
    Difference: Irwin wasn't doing something completely idiotic that guaranteed death or injury like the sticking a fork in an outlet.

BTW, there are people who do laugh in his face because of that. Sad, but there are.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Difference: Irwin wasn't doing something completely idiotic that guaranteed death or injury like the sticking a fork in an outlet.
    You aren't guarenteed death by driving your car through a flood, either. What if he died wrestling an allegator?

Irwin died in a freak accident - I fail to see the relevance of such an argument. He put himself in danger but the difference was he knew the risks and could control the situation to some extent.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    NuclearCrap, perhaps, if you lost a friend to terrorism you would see how it isn't funny. You are obciously very immature to think it selfish to want people to stop making something so serious out as trivial. Put yourself in my shoes, the shoes of a person who has lost friends as a result of terrorism and in the war that followed, a person who lost a person who he was friend with since childhood. I think the people who insint on making such things out as "funny" are the selfish, offensive, and insensitive ones. Obviously, there is a vast difference in wiew point here. You have to realise that there are subjects that aren't humerous.
    The ideas of humanity caused deaths and we can't do anything about it. Hey so what if my relatives died in a car accident or from some disease that came up all of a sudden? I wouldn't make myself stay in the past and let the world leave me in the dust just because somebody I care for has died. I've lost a couple of my uncles too, and they used to care about me like fathers. But accidents happen, and if you can't get over it then you can't blame the people who are years ahead of you. I make fun of the terrorists but not the people who died from what the terrorists do, since they're the ones who are stupid and all. It isn't the others who are insensivitve, but it is people like you who are too sensitive, as if you can't smile for years after shit happens, and shits do happen, while nobody can do anything about it if the terrorists insist on their way of thinking. Hell I doubt others would care much if I get nuked by North Korea. And again, I do tend to make fun of the terrorists and the dumb ones but not the people who die from the things caused by those dumbasses, unless you still wanna accuse me of offending you and your relatives/friends. In case you didn't understand the first joke I crack in this thread, if I'm making fun of the terrorists and you think that offends you, then you're probably the terrorist. Now just get over it and put a smile on your face.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

F1 and Esp, can you guys just agree to disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    F1 and Esp, can you guys just agree to disagree?
    **** no!

Thread Information