Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plane Crash in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    So a plane crashes on the 11th day of a certian month. It just so happens that 9/11 happened on the 11th day of September, and the attack in Spain was on the 11th day of march. I'd also like to add that when I posted that terrorism was not completly ruled out for this incident. Now tell me how a potential terror attack on the 11th day of october is not ironic.
    Irony-characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Wow, aren't you smart....

In the Darwin Awards, those people were doing something stupid to begin with that led to the gun going off.
    This guy was just flying to begin with unless you count flying stupid.

Those idiots in the Darwin Awards can change the outcome. This fellow couldn't because there may have been nothing he could have done.

In most cases, if you can change the outcome of your impending death, you will. The people from the Darwin Awards didn't, now they're dead. If this pilot could have done something, he would have. He obviously couldn't, so now there's an over the top coverage of this accident.
    Sure the idiots from the Darwin Awards could not have been doing what they were prior to their death, but that's like saying this guy shouldn't be flying because theoretically he could die in a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Irony-characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is
    I suppose its just a coincidence
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I suppose its just a coincidence
    That's more like it.

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

It's little more than a tragic accident, however the big 3 on TV(CNN, MSNBS, and FOX) all seem to be implying that Lydle was a terrorist, because he flew around the Statue of LIberty and other NYC restricted airspace, however it seems little more than a tragic accident (far inexperienced pilot, very sophisticated plane). For all of you who may be concerned, the Belaire is (and never was)in no danger of collapsing, though I can painfully see this as being used as 'evidence' for the 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
    It's not all that unusual for a small aircraft to collide with skyscrapers, either. In NYC alone this is the third incident involving a plane crashing into a tower (discounting the fiasco of the helicopter on the Pan Am Building). Just a few years ago, a light aircraft hit Milan's signature Pirelli Tower, and the same happened in Miami and Tampa, just to name a few recent ones.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Unfortunately it's exactly what the GOP needed to help it's scare tactics come election season...
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

His aircraft was most likely blown off course by an unexpected wind change over the hudson, causing him to crash into a building-he was not expirienced enough to compensate for what was happening.
    Those idiots in the Darwin Awards can change the outcome. This fellow couldn't because there may have been nothing he could have done.
    We'd better tell the FAA, FBI et al to pack up and go home, because these two guys managed to figure out how he crashed with no information at all!

Amazing, have some medals.

Now tell me how a potential terror attack on the 11th day of october is not ironic.
    Go look up the meaning of the word "irony".

What you've got is not it.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    We'd better tell the FAA, FBI et al to pack up and go home, because these two guys managed to figure out how he crashed with no information at all!
    Are you illiterate? I said most likely, and that is based on the information the news agencies are releaseing. Airplanes can't turn on a dime. If the wind blew him off course he probably would not have hade space enough to avoid hitting that building. Calling him an idiot is like calleing some one who is t-boned by someone who runs a redlight an idiot. I don't know what your problem is, but get over yourself. In all probability Lidle was unable to avoid what happened today.

Calling him an idiot...

Go on: find that quote.

In all probability Lidle was unable to avoid what happened today.
    "The FAA said it was too early to determine what might have caused the crash."
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 10-11-2006 at 06:51 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3

In most cases, if you can change the outcome of your impending death, you will. The people from the Darwin Awards didn't, now they're dead. If this pilot could have done something, he would have. He obviously couldn't, so now there's an over the top coverage of this accident.
    Sure the idiots from the Darwin Awards could not have been doing what they were prior to their death, but that's like saying this guy shouldn't be flying because theoretically he could die in a crash.
    Actually I am because at least me and Mr. Tiv know there is nothing similar between the Darwin Awards and this accident.

The Darwin Awards are fulled of dumbasses who deserve to be laughed at. They get killed for doing something stupid, they deserve what they get. The woman who drove through the flood because she thought her BMW could died because of her stupid choice. The guy who pinned the snake with his barrel pointed toward died because of his choice to point the barrel at himself with the safety off.

This pilot didn't put him into a life-or-death situation like these 2 idiots. He was just learning to fly.

I'm just trying to say the Darwin Awards are not in the same category as this.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

"The FAA said it was too early to determine what might have caused the crash."
    Really? According to you, he just stupidly flew the plane into a building.
    Err, so accidentally shooting yourself is stupid, therefore ok to laugh at, but stupidly flying your plane into a building in an accident isn't funny...
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

The woman who drove through the flood because she thought her BMW could died because of her stupid choice.
    That isn't stupidity, that is a lack of understanding combined with naiveté.

This pilot didn't put him into a life-or-death situation like these 2 idiots. He was just learning to fly.
    "Learning to fly", over Manhattan?

Not putting anyone in a life-or-death situation?

What could possibly go wrong? Oh, wait...

Really? According to you, he just stupidly flew the plane into a building.
    You may wish to note how I used the words "stupid" and "accident" in that sentence for effect.

You think that an inexperienced person driving an offroad vehicle offroad, resulting in a death, is "stupid" and apparently ripe for jesting.

However, an inexperienced (allegedly) person flying a plane over Manhattan, in less-than-ideal weather conditions, resulting in a death is not "stupid".
    Thanks for all the fish

It was also reported that he called for a mayday just before the crash. Some people think that there was something mechanically wrong with the plane, but that combined with his inexperience must have caused it.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

That isn't stupidity, that is a lack of understanding combined with naiveté.
    What is there not to understand that you don't drive in a flash food, esp. when police advise you not too. That is not lack of understanding. That's being a dumbass who trusts in a SUV too much.
    "Learning to fly", over Manhattan?

Not putting anyone in a life-or-death situation?

What could possibly go wrong? Oh, wait...
    Not with a pilot who has over 70 hours of flying. I'm only assuming he's learning as our reports say he was with an instructor.

You may wish to note how I used the words "stupid" and "accident" in that sentence for effect.

You think that an inexperienced person driving an offroad vehicle offroad, resulting in a death, is "stupid" and apparently ripe for jesting.

However, an inexperienced (allegedly) person flying a plane over Manhattan, in less-than-ideal weather conditions, resulting in a death is not "stupid".
    Terrific. You aren't reading the whole story. Typical Coventry....

The woman was driving an X3 in a flash flood, and ignored warnings not to. That is stupid. She deserves to be laughed at for ignoring warnings and common sense.

This is a completely different situation.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Coventry, come on. A small, single engine, four passanger, composite aircraft is easily affected be wind change. His aircraft was most likely blown off course by an unexpected wind change over the hudson,.
    Hudsons bay?...i doubt it, thats a wee bit far to travel...

Thread Information