Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Plane Crash in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    She deserves to be laughed at for ignoring warnings and common sense.
    I'm sure they did titter so at her funeral.

You can take the statement in post #27 one of two ways.

The way you have seen fit to interpret it is that both accidentally crashing a plane into a building and shooting ones self are "stupid" or "funny" in the context of the Darwin awards.

Or, you could see that it implies that neither accidentally crashing a plane into a building and shooting ones self are "stupid" or "funny" in the context of the Darwin awards.

You seem to think that you have the right to make light of a persons death in a circumstance that you find amusing, but no one else would have the right to make light of a persons death when you don't find it amusing.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Hudsons bay?...i doubt it, thats a wee bit far to travel...
    Hudson river...

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I definately heard one American right-wing commentator say only Muslims were terrorists. You could almost hear the IRA breathe a sigh of relief...
    Not everybody's an American, as not every Muslim's a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Was I just called a terrorist? I can't beleive that you are stupid enough to say something like that because I don't find terrrorism to make good entertainment I am therefore a terrorist.
    Cheeses, you really can't take a joke? I only said if the statement "anybody from any race can be a terrorists" offended you, then you probably are a terrorist, get the meaning? And I was directing that statement to the human race, so cheer up a bit.

And just because you know somebody that was deceased on 9/11 doesn't mean the whole world needs to compensate you by stop cracking jokes at terrorism even though we've been doing it constantly way before 9/11, in which I find you being a bit selfish in a way. If you don't find it entertaining, then ignore it instead of offending the creators of the jokes, and nobody's gonna stop for the selfishness of merely a few of the 6 billion people in this world.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Hudson river...
    Canadian Geography....

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Canadian Geography....
    At least you guys are still much better than those people in fancy suits in Washington DC.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Okay, perhaps I over reacted slightly, but you people have missed the point on what has offended me. Coventry, you seem to think that I was offend by someone making fun of the fact that the pilot died. I was offended by a "joke" made in reference to terrorist attacks. I'd also like to point out the major difference between the "Darwin Awards"-from what I can gather-and what happend yesterday. In said awards it would seem that people make a mistake, they die, and you are supposed to laugh at them; that's fine, they dies due to their own choices, people who dies a s a result of terrorism or what happend in NYC yesterday die not because of their own choices or mistakes, but those of others. Do you see the distintion there? We are taliking about the difference between inadvertant suicide and manslaughter/homicide.

NuclearCrap, perhaps, if you lost a friend to terrorism you would see how it isn't funny. You are obciously very immature to think it selfish to want people to stop making something so serious out as trivial. Put yourself in my shoes, the shoes of a person who has lost friends as a result of terrorism and in the war that followed, a person who lost a person who he was friend with since childhood. I think the people who insint on making such things out as "funny" are the selfish, offensive, and insensitive ones. Obviously, there is a vast difference in wiew point here. You have to realise that there are subjects that aren't humerous.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Was I just called a terrorist? I can't beleive that you are stupid enough to say something like that because I don't find terrrorism to make good entertainment I am therefore a terrorist.

Coventry, come on. A small, single engine, four passanger, composite aircraft is easily affected be wind change. His aircraft was most likely blown off course by an unexpected wind change over the hudson, causing him to crash into a building-he was not expirienced enough to compensate for what was happening. Shooting yourself with a gun, while not funny, is not comperable to an aviation accident-where others are harmed by someones incompetence. Guns have safety precuations that make it fairly difficult for a sober person of average intellegence to accidently shoot himself. Guns don't just go off, they are set off; winds can, however, change suddenly. Poor comparison, and undeniably poor taste to make jokes about terrorism. I know people who were at ground zero on 9/11, and I don't find jokes about something like that funny.
    i am sorry for stepping on your toes,mr tvi(on my last post), and i do not intend to do it again nor do i intend to make a joke about this either, i however want to counter your above point, How the hell can wind blow a person off course like 20 miles off, even if he was flying by visual cues, he would have seen the statue of liberty and known to radio for help or to turn back, or something. Granted i am not impliying this was a terrorist attack but neither was it that he merely drifted off course. i mean the guy was flying in restricted air space and i think he knew it, isn't it widely known.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    i am sorry for stepping on your toes,mr tvi(on my last post), and i do not intend to do it again nor do i intend to make a joke about this either, i however want to counter your above point, How the hell can wind blow a person off course like 20 miles off, even if he was flying by visual cues, he would have seen the statue of liberty and known to radio for help or to turn back, or something. Granted i am not impliying this was a terrorist attack but neither was it that he merely drifted off course. i mean the guy was flying in restricted air space and i think he knew it, isn't it widely known.
    That's all I wanted a simple appology; I respect you for do that. I am not a pilot, my father has a friend who is, so if I see him anytime soon I'll ask how exactly the wind effec the plane. The not that it blew him 20mi off course; it's that it could have made his plane less manuverable and prevented his avoiding the building.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I'm sure they did titter so at her funeral.

You can take the statement in post #27 one of two ways.

The way you have seen fit to interpret it is that both accidentally crashing a plane into a building and shooting ones self are "stupid" or "funny" in the context of the Darwin awards.

Or, you could see that it implies that neither accidentally crashing a plane into a building and shooting ones self are "stupid" or "funny" in the context of the Darwin awards.

You seem to think that you have the right to make light of a persons death in a circumstance that you find amusing, but no one else would have the right to make light of a persons death when you don't find it amusing.

You don't get it. Like Mr. Tiv said, those people die because of themselves making obviously stupid choices, hence I call them dumbasses who ignore things such as common sense.

And btw, I would have too at such a funeral.
    "She was a great woman, only to be taken away because she drove through a flash flood ignoring police warnings." Hmm, nope, I don't feel any sorrow for her. She caused her own death through stupidity.

This pilot...didn't. That's the difference.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Apparently this could have been a sheer accident. There is a flight zone for unplanned small aircraft like Lidle's along the East River, with a height limit of 1100 ft without ATC clearence, but which ends at the North tip of Roosevelt Island, in which one must turn around. It's very likely that Lidle was attempting to make this turnaround, but for whatever reason (be it wind change, inexperience, or both), he strayed too far into Manhattan. This is what the FAA is essentially accepting happened right now.

[Note in the above map the peak along the East River marked '516;' this is the Belaire building Lidle struck.]

This pretty much rules out any Darwin Awards designations.
    Last edited by Esperante; 10-12-2006 at 03:46 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

And btw, I would have too at such a funeral.
    "She was a great woman, only to be taken away because she drove through a flash flood ignoring police warnings." Hmm, nope, I don't feel any sorrow for her. She caused her own death through stupidity.
    So if your mom stuck a fork into an electrical outlet, you wouldn't be upset for her because she died doing something ignorant? You are a very cold person.

The woman who drove through the flood because she thought her BMW could died because of her stupid choice.
    I should get credit for that, I posted it on UCP first.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    So if your mom stuck a fork into an electrical outlet, you wouldn't be upset for her because she died doing something ignorant? You are a very cold person.
    well. Yes. She was pretty stupid to attempt something like that anyway.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    I should get credit for that, I posted it on UCP first.
    Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    well. Yes. She was pretty stupid to attempt something like that anyway.
    That's incredibly depressing...I would hope the rest of the world would hold some sort of emotion instead of laughing at how stupid they were to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Hmm, that's kind of impossible since my mother has already died.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information