Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-Level TVR design project help.

A-Level TVR design project help.

Hey guys

just an effort to try and find some rare help for my A2 college design project

Basically, I've chosen to design a display stand for TVR which would appear at a motorshow. aka london motorshow, frankfurt, detroit etc

if you dont know what im talking about. then something like this:

problem is, its damn near impossible to research for it. Theres no proper photos of any displays in the past, nor are there any design records of their manfucature etc. Just wondering if anybody has anything that could help me?

thanks guys

I'll see if my bud will get you some when he goes to his next motorshow, I can't afford any

Phone/email TVR & ask them who does their stand?

You never know if you ask nicely enough they (the stand company) should invite you to see how they do things & why.

You could also get TVR to give you some ideas as to what they want their stand to represent - if you do your project like a professional piece of design - get a brief etc, then I fail to see how you would not get a good mark, so long as the solution you came up with was appropriate.
    Thanks for all the fish

Just maybe this site can be of use, I came across it a while ago.
    http://www.stageweld.com.au/exhib_promote.htm

A2 coursework is a b*tch...i am trying to find a business that will let me create a programme for them as the basis for my computing coursework...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Quote Originally Posted by Clique
    A2 coursework is a b*tch...i am trying to find a business that will let me create a programme for them as the basis for my computing coursework...
    Just fake it. They're not gonna check the company is legit. What language you using? I'm using VB6 and PHP to create a database and then link it to their site.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Just fake it. They're not gonna check the company is legit. What language you using? I'm using VB6 and PHP to create a database and then link it to their site.
    yeh i am i faked a car garage yeh i know it is really orginal .... i am using VBA through MS Access the programming is simple compared to last years village hall coursework..hoping to be done well before easter... what stage you on??
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

I might come up with a quick sketch...probably just a rotating motor with wheel supports?

yeh i am i faked a car garage yeh i know it is really orginal .... i am using VBA through MS Access the programming is simple compared to last years village hall coursework..hoping to be done well before easter... what stage you on??
    I'm on the first Analysis stage at the moment. We're doing a stage then doing some exam revision. We're taking an exam in January, which I'll probably end up retaking The village hall thing was horrifically boring. This year will be more time consuming but will be easier, i agree

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    I might come up with a quick sketch...probably just a rotating motor with wheel supports?
    he is asking for reserch on HOW they are made etc, not if we can design them for his course....
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

If you need construction techniques let me know, I have a vague idea on how they'd be made.. I used to make theatre/film sets.

Are you going to MPH?

It might be a good idea -research
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    I'm on the first Analysis stage at the moment. We're doing a stage then doing some exam revision. We're taking an exam in January, which I'll probably end up retaking The village hall thing was horrifically boring. This year will be more time consuming but will be easier, i agree
    we are not doing any computing exams in january...although i am doing a retake from last year to boost my grade to an A hopefully...i just started my analysis again as my teacher thought that my current idea wasnt 'creditable' enough... so now i am basising my project on a stock control system...

when i was doing mine we were told to have at least three ideas call around because sometimes the companies are dicks, but as cov said you might havesom luck.

and if you do finally find the companies who make the stands not necessarily the same company you can fake the corespondance part but dont make it to obvious

MPH hehe research as long as you remember about the research part
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

we are not doing any computing exams in january...although i am doing a retake from last year to boost my grade to an A hopefully...i just started my analysis again as my teacher thought that my current idea wasnt 'creditable' enough... so now i am basising my project on a stock control system...
    I taught myself the majority of AS Computing because I joined the course late and there weren't any places until February, so I got a B. But he says I'll easily be able to get that to an A this year. I don't have the will power to revise a whole CPT again anyways, so thank-god

Thread Information