Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2012 Porsche 928.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    They said 180 degree, flatplane V8. A 180 degree flatplane crank is doubly stated and doesn't make too much sense, so I can see why pimento thought it was a flat 8.

It was poorly worded.
    boo i just want a boxer 8
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I never thought it was a flat V8, but I also never checked the article and while in Geneva I completely missed this car, I don't even know where it was displayed. No wonder, as after the first day I asked to my friend if he noticed Abarth's display. It was next to Maserati's, of course I missed it...

BTW, looking at the picture, that does look like a standard V8 engine, so they are likely referring to the crankshaft not even knowing what they are talking about. I'd dare to say the design is somewhat based on a Cayenne engine.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    They said 180 degree, flatplane V8. A 180 degree flatplane crank is doubly stated and doesn't make too much sense, so I can see why pimento thought it was a flat 8.

It was poorly worded.
    I didn't read it that way but now that you mention it I can see how it would be confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I never thought it was a flat V8, but I also never checked the article and while in Geneva I completely missed this car, I don't even know where it was displayed. No wonder, as after the first day I asked to my friend if he noticed Abarth's display. It was next to Maserati's, of course I missed it...

BTW, looking at the picture, that does look like a standard V8 engine, so they are likely referring to the crankshaft not even knowing what they are talking about. I'd dare to say the design is somewhat based on a Cayenne engine.
    I'm impressed with the changes they made. I wonder if Porsche had a flat crank and cams sitting around for that motor. I don't think a flat crank requires much if anything in the way of block changes but it certainly would require a new crank and cam shafts. That's not a trivial undertaking.

They say it's a RUF original, but I'm curious if it's in any way based off the Cayenne V8 or any other Porsche model.

That is one nice looking sketch.

I dont think it will have any trouble competing in the market, that is as long as Porsche takes their time and keeps the design similar to the sketch and as far away from the Cayenne as possible
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 04-13-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: removed spam from sig

It kind of reminds me an Aston Martin, but it definitely looks great

that is one lightweight V8

would love to hear its finalized production weight

Ford have just started making their new quad cam V8 , & its hitting the scales at 185 KG ,<~~ not bad! . this RUF one tho has a serious tune , 550 Hp from just 4500 cc!

& i dont know why they dont release a serious GT version of the cayenne . having seen lowered ones with classy body kits , the Whale can actually look performance orientated ~
    Last edited by Badsight; 05-05-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Thread Information