Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: TVR no longer maker of cheap British crap. Now makes cheap "European" crap.

Maybe they should have built a large-volume SUV at a large profit margin to appease the masses, and keep themselves financially independent.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Maybe they should have built a large-volume SUV at a large profit margin to appease the masses, and keep themselves financially independent.
    I think I'd rather see them go bust and move to Italy.

And Coventry,
    I'd like to look at the good side of this. The side that suggests that there may be a glimmer of hope for those who have lost their jobs. It's horrible that they have lost their livelyhoods, and I can't even begin to imagine how they feel and what their situation is like. I like to think that if there is even the slightest chance that TVR could be bought out and remain British, that there is also a slight chance that some of them may return to working at TVR.
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 12-08-2006 at 04:53 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

At least, TVR are not moving their production facilities to China. Nearly every product seems to be made in China in the 21st century.

Also, I agree with Cov's opinions in relation to TVR. TVR has constantly said "we are so British", "production of TVR cars will occur in Britain" etc... and now TVR cars will be made outside Britain. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by john14; 12-09-2006 at 10:53 PM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Time will say.
    I Love PORSCHE GT3!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    TVR? SUV? Clearly you don't understand the company...although with Smolenski in charge, anything can happen!
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    TVR? SUV? Clearly you don't understand the company...although with Smolenski in charge, anything can happen!
    I think you missed the joke...

(Porsche -> Cayenne / TVR -> SUV)
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I think you missed the joke...

(Porsche -> Cayenne / TVR -> SUV)
    It's okay, I got it.

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Well; good news it appears.

Allegedly; engine-design genius and fledgling sportscar manufacturer Al Melling has put in a bid for Blackpool Automotive, along with the TVR brand for the UK, EU and USA.

The plan is backed by investors from the USA who wish to see development of overseas models and distribution (presumably the same investors behind Melling's Wildcat project), and includes resuming construction of the Sagaris, Tuscan and Wildcat at Blackpool.

Melling Sportscars also has a new 5 litre version of the highly acclaimed AJP-8 engine, and intends to compete in international GT racing.

If this bid is successful, it will be very good news for the ex-TVR workers at Blackpool, and for TVR enthusiasts.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 02-03-2007 at 09:09 AM.

Good news. It's hard sifting through everything on PH. That and i am way to lazy to read 10 pages of a single thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Well; good news it appears.

Allegedly; engine-design genius and fledgling sportscar manufacturer Al Melling has put in a bid for Blackpool Automotive, along with the TVR brand for the UK, EU and USA.

The plan is backed by investors from the USA who wish to see development of overseas models and distribution (presumably the same investors behind Melling's Wildcat project), and includes resuming construction of the Sagaris, Tuscan and Wildcat at Blackpool.

Melling Sportscars also has a new 5 litre version of the highly acclaimed AJP-8 engine, and intends to compete in international GT racing.

If this bid is successful, it will be very good news for the ex-TVR workers at Blackpool, and for TVR enthusiasts.
    That's certainly interesting news, especially about the 5ltr AJP But what would happen with the Wildcat? Would it become a TVR? Perhaps to be the top level supercar instead of one of the many CG-rendered artists impressions, or stay as a Melling?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

This could be good. I hope he comes out with cheaper, more simplistic, new models, if this works out that is.
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 02-04-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Who cares, just bring me my Sagaris to america. I don't care about his new V8 i'll put a ford in it, or a viper 10

So Al Melling is leading a group bid for the whole of TVR? Have I got that right? Or is there still some parts that Moleskins will own? And given the fact that Al's an engine guy, how the hell does TVR Power fit in to all of this? Sounds odd.

Just out of interest, what's the source?

EDIT: Just spotted the story on PH forums, nm.
    Last edited by VtecMini; 02-04-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speednine View Post
    Who cares, just bring me my Sagaris to america. I don't care about his new V8 i'll put a ford in it, or a viper 10
    n00b...The only engine for a Sagaris is the AJP6. I'd hate to see one with a Ford V8 in it. Not only that, it's not as simple as "putting an engine in it" - the car was designed around a racing straight six, you'd really screw it up b transplanting anything else, not that you'd want to. Probably wouldn't be able to make it fit either.

If you wanted a Sagaris, just import one and quit the stupid suggestions. Please.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Well the whole thing just gets worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistonheads
    ast night TVR was sold again! Hopes of a fresh influx of talent have been dashed with Blackpool Automotive - the company that owns all TVR's intellectual property - being sold back to Nikolai Smolensky!

The sale included the TVR trademarks, certain vehicle stock, work-in-progress, and the manufacturing plant and equipment.

In a statement, joint administrators Philip Long, Kerry Bailey and Matthew Gibson said:

"Having advertised the assets of the company to the open market, we are confident we have achieved the best possible price in the circumstances and we are now looking to return money to the creditors as quickly as possible.

"While we had a significant number of companies expressing an interest, four demonstrated they had the funds required to enter a bidding process. Ultimately, Mr Smolensky's company came in with the highest offer."

It's not been a pretty process so far and fans of the company are likely to take little comfort from this news. TVR although in trouble when sold by former owner Peter Wheeler has struggled from one challenge to another over the last couple of years resulting in its demise before Christmas. Few will have faith in Smolensky's ability to turn it around now and more cynical observers will question why the company has been allowed to go into administration only to be bought by its former owner.
    Source: http://www.pistonheads.com/tvr/defau...?storyId=15915

Thread Information