Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spied: Ford Focus RS

WOW!!! Too bad its a no no for north america. only shit cars here.......

I would buy that if they brought it here and so would a lot of other people, But I doubt they're that smart, even though they know this.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    Ford management at its best!
    I am not trying to be a smarta$$ here, but do hatches sell in the US? Since I don't live there, I am under the impression that they sell rather poorly.

If so, then it's best for Ford to focus it's efforts (not on the Focus) on the cars that sell most. For that reason I think that it's a very logical move to focus on the Fusion (According to the Bold Moves documentary by Ford it sells better than the Camry) and the Edge SUV.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

I don't know about he US, but here in Canada we have tons of hatch back cars running around. I am pretty sure that I have seen a couple of bonafide Focus SVT's running around Vancouver too. I think that cars like the Fit, Yaris/Echo, and their ilk have come to Canada first, and if it works here then the makers try for the US.

I can't remeber if this is correct but: Isn't Renault going to try to get into Canada first and then the US??
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    I am not trying to be a smarta$$ here, but do hatches sell in the US? Since I don't live there, I am under the impression that they sell rather poorly.

If so, then it's best for Ford to focus it's efforts (not on the Focus) on the cars that sell most. For that reason I think that it's a very logical move to focus on the Fusion (According to the Bold Moves documentary by Ford it sells better than the Camry) and the Edge SUV.

bringing a better model focus over wouldnt effect the fusion or the edge too much. they could get it all done if they wanted. And the hatch trend is actually on the rise in the US the past few years. maybe not euro levels but still.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    They could get it all done if they wanted. And the hatch trend is actually on the rise in the US the past few years. maybe not euro levels but still.
    You are right on saying that they could get it all done if they wanted. It's just that it takes time because they can't do it all simultaneously, since they are in a bad shape. I guess that Ford just prioritised and decided that they should try and deal with the Sedan and SUV market.

I think that it is financially viable for them to introduce a federalised Focus, but not at this point. I believe that their first priority now would be to make some smart moves in order to slash costs and increase profitability per car sold. Since they are closing down factories (right?) this means that they will drop production output. Thus, their revenues will decrease, So it makes sense to focus on their more expensive models (SUV's and sedans). This will bring more cash.

Also, introducing a Focus model would take other cars out of showrooms. They don't want to promote the Focus now. In ten years time, i think that they can afford to sell a hatch, if all goes according to plan.

Afterall, it will be rather cheap to introduce one. the platform is tried and tested and all the have to do is minor tweaks, maybe introduce a V6 or something. Refining the think in general terms...

P.S. Sorry for the long post
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Ford Aus will be happy, they'll finally have a competative car for the local Rally series: they've been cruising around with a RWD 2.3 NA Focus... which just isn't competative at all, can't keep up with the AWD Turbo competitors. For compensation it gets taller gearing, but that really doesn't help when the majority of events are twisty gravel tracks.

Hatches are catching on here, but a majority of people are still following the big huge tasteless car mentality. It's unfortunate, because products like this are unjustly not being sold over here. Instead we get a boring econo-box excuse for a Focus.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    Ford Aus will be happy, they'll finally have a competative car for the local Rally series: they've been cruising around with a RWD 2.3 NA Focus... which just isn't competative at all, can't keep up with the AWD Turbo competitors. For compensation it gets taller gearing, but that really doesn't help when the majority of events are twisty gravel tracks.
    RWD?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Yea, it seriously is. Under local Group N prototype rules it is possible to make an AWD car that isn't in production (Toyota run AWD Corollas in the series) but Ford couldn't comply. I'm unsure as to what the regs are, but yea. They could make it RWD though, so I guess they figured a RWD would be better than FWD.

do you guys think this car is going to show-up here...U.S what i mean
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Hatches sell here. It's just a narrow market, and I don't mean to patronize here, but for the sake of clarity, it's mostly young people and women who end up driving them here(sorry for the stereotyping). Anyway, that's simply because none of them have any thing resembling respectable performance. Ford could change that-I was talking to my dad about this car and he immediately said he wanted one, now mind you, that's a big deal coming from a nearly 50 year old American man who vehemently hates most hatches, not to that he dislike small cars.

Something likes this will always sell in the US. It's fits Ford NA perfectly, affordable, [sort of] unique in the American market, and it should be fast.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    do you guys think this car is going to show-up here...U.S what i mean
    I doubt it. Ford's not interested in the small car market yet, forget about the pocket rockets.

According to http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/10/...ford-focus-rs/

This is not the ordinary Ford Focus ST but the brand new Focus RS. Looking closely at the front end, one can see the bigger air intakes.

According to spy photographers, the sound of the 300 bhp engine was unmistakeable, as was the car's quick acceleration with all-wheel-drive and the rallye-like sound of that dump valve while shifting gears. Add some wide fenders, a more aggressive front end styling and you have the Focus RS.
    Yes, yes, I know what your on about. In Australia it's called the Focus XR5 Turbo.(meaning it has a 5-cyl turbo) Basically it has a different front end than the ST and this is supposed to be good. A silver XR5 Turbo just blew past me just on Wednesday. Beautiful. It sounds like a reprise of Beethoven, and even though I'm a Holden man, that is one off as a Ford.
    Signature removed, no spam allowed.

Looks kinda awkward. Last gen looked better.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information