Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2006 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

I cant believe this man wont be racing next year. After a race like that, wow.

I Canot recall a a single F1 Championship that Micael was not a part of. He (and senna) is the reason i became interested in F1, the one who made me dream of race cars.its been 16 years that ive supported this man, it will be very strange to not see him next year.

A model of perseverence, hard work and success.

He'l be back, call it Michael Jordan syndrome. Prost had it, Jordan , Luis Figo , Zidane , Henrik Larsson, Mario lemieux , Wayne gretzky , Pele ... to name a few have all suffered from these. retire at theyr peak, get bored, realise they can still be competitive. sometimes they are, sometimes they are not.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

JV had it but, he sucked after leaving Williams

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Maybe all the other drivers knew he would be extra suicidal for the last race and just let him past?
    Like Fisichella? You must really be joking.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Was I the only one to notice that after Ferrari had some issues removing MS's punctured left rear they removed all the rear wheel sheilds?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    Was I the only one to notice that after Ferrari had some issues removing MS's punctured left rear they removed all the rear wheel sheilds?
    so you think it was a self-inflicted punture?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It would seem unlikely to be self inflicted, but I was noting that the red team were unwilling to risk a pit stop issue for the sake of lowered drag.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Kamikaze style shumaker Ruled!, i heard he made such moves or he used to race like that ealier in his carrier, but i will still miss him. Even michelin is withdrawing from the F1 so the action will be abit more regulated, i guess F1 is losing its flavor, cant wait for the new drivers though.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Best moment of the season so far:

on the grid pre-race...

Brundle: "Kimi, you just missed the presentation with Schumacher and Pele, where were you?"

Kimi: "Yeah, I was taking a shit."

Brundle: "Well, erm, your car will be nice and light on the grid then!"

Ain't live TV great!
    Somebody's Youtubed the clip I was mentioning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4oQ74qoFCQ
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Somebody's Youtubed the clip I was mentioning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4oQ74qoFCQ

I bet Ron Dennis and Haug had a small heart attack when they heard this! Just proves that years of Ronspeak didn't permeate the ice.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco

They've been doing this since they decided to adopte the full rear wheel cover. They use the full cover for much of the weekend through practice, and qualifying(where the car is in parc freme condition afterward), then they change to the reduces size cover(lip) in the first pit stop since the full cover will likely impede the stop...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Damn. My thoughts have just settled in. All season, I wished for the unlikely - Alonso and Kimi, Senna and Prost style fighting it out at McLarenMercedes. this made the lustre of Michael winning less important, expecially after his the mass damper system was banned in what seemed to be a "questionalable" jugment. So I rooted for Alonso, but wanted it to be close. Had Michael won, I guess I'd have been happy as well. Now though, not even Kimi and Alonso are on the same team, and the odds have got to strongly favour Kimi for next year. Then it dawned on me. No matter how little it made sense. I didn't watch the 2003 season, I got back into F1 in 2004. In 2003, it came down to Kimi, and Michael, and Michael scraped it out by 2 points. Instead of Kimi and Alonso racing at McLarenMercedes, I NOW realze, I would have much preferred Kimi and Michael at Ferrari -though that would not have happened. Though I respect Michael and see him as a speed demon I also respect Kimi and see him as a speed demon. So, here goes. Both of them at the top of ther careers, who would have won? That would prpbably have been the best F1 season of all time. Kimi is SO fast when the car is on and so is Michael. But, the question is, is Kimi faster than Michael in direct comparisson? IS KIMI A BETTER DRIVER? I think I may be biased towards Kimi as I largely found the races in the day i used to watch boring as michael always one. But that is not because he was the best. It is because he was the best, and there was never a team that challenged him (barring some exceptions) and more importantly - no driver as FAST as him. Mika was fast, but his McLarenMercedes was probably a better car in 1998-1999, (besides, Mike broke his legs too one year). So I was hoping for Alonso-Raikonnen, when I shoula hoped for Raikonnen-Schumacer; it is always nice to dream. I hate when peopel come out of retirement, but i hope Michael stays in practice and challenges Kimi. What say you guys?

Well I guess that will always be one of the big question marks hanging over Schumacher's acheivments (apart from the whole big dirty cheat thing ), the fact that during the dominant years at Ferrari he never had a teammate capable of really challenging him. Nice guy and competent driver that Rubens is, he was never truly going to be a "great" driver. As for Eddie Irvine, well, the guy was quick but also a complete moron at times; he made Juan Pablo Montoya look like the most stable and reliable driver on the grid.

It's such a shame that a) Schumacher isn't staying on one last season to partner Raikkonen so we could really see how good he is against a world-class teammate, and b) that Kimi chose not to move to Ferrari in 2002 when, if rumours are to be believed, Jean Todt came knocking with a Ferrari race seat contract in his hand. I guess it's a testament to the supreme confidence of Raikkonen that a guy with just 40 professional motor races in his entire life refused a move to the biggest team in the world because he didn't want to have to play second fiddle to anyone, not even Schumacher. (Technically he was #2 driver to Coulthard at McLaren of course, but nobody was under any illusions as to who was the real darling of the team.) It would also have been nice to see Kimi stay on at McLaren to form a 'dream team' with Alonso, but I think Kimi was at the end of his tether with McLaren after all the letdowns and disappointments of the last few years, he needed a change.

I'm not convinced it's going to be as easy for Kimi at Ferrari as some people seem to think though. Although if the form from the second half of this season is anything to go by the car will be very quick, Massa should have something of a headstart on Kimi in terms of experience within the team. Also Kimi has never driven the Bridgestone tyres, which may take a bit of getting used to. Kimi will have to put a lot of work in during winter testing to get himself up to speed, but working hard during testing is not something Kimi is exactly reknowned for. Some reports say that at McLaren he was lazy to the point of being totally disinterested during testing sessions. That kind of attitude will not go down at all well with the Ferrari team who have had the past 10 years working with "Mister Dedication" in Schumacher. If Kimi gets his arse into gear, gets totally focused on the job in hand, and cuts down his notorious *ahem* extra-curricular activities, then he should have a great chance of winning the title next year. It's a pretty big 'if' though.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Fair enough. Kimi seems to be more like a steryotypical cocky-partyman F1 champion, wheras Michael was more liek a workhorse and a model for the team. He always had praise for them and their sponsors, something that I think was very classy of him. As for his sportmanship... Well, I like Kimi because he is fast, and he is funny to observe. I wonder what next season holds. Who will the batle be between next year? And with all the new sponsors, what the hell are all the cars gonna look like?

Well I guess that will always be one of the big question marks hanging over Schumacher's acheivments (apart from the whole big dirty cheat thing ), the fact that during the dominant years at Ferrari he never had a teammate capable of really challenging him.

Again, for F1 participating teams today, the most important aspect is the Constructors Championship. When people from the same team start to race each other the chances of reaching that objective become smaller. Schumacher fully understood this, and that was how the Ferrari team was built up when he got there and he managed to take Ferrari one level higher than the other teams. Would it have been beneficial for Ferrari if he had to race his teammate from the date he got there? No, of course not, everything was done in the interest of Ferrari and MS has both greatly contributed to and benefitted from that policy. It is safe to say that his former team mates would have never won a GP if MS had not been around to organise the team and to make all noses point into the same direction.

So theoreticising about how he would have done when having to race Kimi (or others) with the same weapon is water under the bridge. He reached his and Ferraris objectives, and now Kimi has to prove that he can keep up with Massa.

Thread Information