Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucciali in The Netherlands ?

Bucciali in The Netherlands ?

After reading the very nicely done article about the Bucciali,i kept on wondering. I knew that car from something I went through my pictures of the 2006 Concours D'elegance Paleis het Loo and i found that there was a 'buc'present too I'd love to find out more about this.

My personal idea is that it is a replica. Just have a look at the badge on the front. It says "Bart de vries". Was this the creator ?
    a quick check on the dutch road authorities website gave:
    Brand - Chevrolet
    Type - Bucciali Faux 1931
    numbers of cilinders - 8
    fuel - petrol
    Date for registration - 24-2-1972

This provides more proof that it might be a replica. What would be nice to find out from the "experts" is any more information on this specific car

By the way,the car was hideous and huge in my opinion.Other people were very enthusiastic about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drakkie; 10-21-2006 at 02:03 AM.

Interesting, was that car there on Sunday? I did not notice it on Saturday. It is of course replica for which they used some Chevrolet underpinnings, otherwise it would surely have been part of the Concours. Did you check what was underneath? The RDW data will probably not provide enough info to establish whether the recreator even installed front wheel drive.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

This automobile is a beautiful tribute to the forgotten phenomenal mark Bucciali from Paris.

It is a unique piece of craftmanship, only one made. The whole body is handmodelled sheetmetal and all the shiny parts are made of stainless steel.

The automobile is hand built: no moulds.

"De bouw van mijn op de Bucciali geinspireerde auto is begonnen op mijn 27e jaar in 1981 en is eind 1985 voltooid."

-"This build of my Bucciali inspired car began when I was 27 in 1981, and was finished in 1985."-

http://www.bartvrijevormgeving.nl/bu...ucciali_1.html

Interesting too, I actually have that same picture that inspired de Vries. It came with a long lost cigarette brand named Full Speed, and I got 3 albums of those. (each containing 192 pics).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It is a magnificient replica - but I have seen an original - 8 engine mounted. Is this an original engine?
    Are there more specifications available? I visited Bart de Vries' site but could not find any.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Interesting, was that car there on Sunday? I did not notice it on Saturday. It is of course replica for which they used some Chevrolet underpinnings, otherwise it would surely have been part of the Concours. Did you check what was underneath? The RDW data will probably not provide enough info to establish whether the recreator even installed front wheel drive.
    on the parking lot were quite some interesting cars that day The buc. was one of them

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Interesting too, I actually have that same picture that inspired de Vries. It came with a long lost cigarette brand named Full Speed, and I got 3 albums of those. (each containing 192 pics).
    believe it or not my father has it too Quite a coincidence
    Last edited by drakkie; 10-21-2006 at 08:03 AM.

It's rear wheel drive ...
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    It's rear wheel drive ...
    got a source on that or have more information ?

1966 Chevrolet Bicayne chassis
    1951 Buick straight eight 5.4 litre
    3.75 meter wheelbase
    24 inch wheels

Of the top of my head.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

1966 Chevrolet Bicayne chassis
    1951 Buick straight eight 5.4 litre
    3.75 meter wheelbase
    24 inch wheels

Of the top of my head.
    The inches of the wheels can b correct. They were absolutely huge But why didnt he choose for a chevy engine ? Wouldnt that have been much easier to fit ?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    The inches of the wheels can b correct. They were absolutely huge But why didnt he choose for a chevy engine ? Wouldnt that have been much easier to fit ?
    They are correct. The Buick engine was chosen because the original also had a straight eight.

(Ted Joans)

They are correct. The Buick engine was chosen because the original also had a straight eight.
    That's pretty nice to see Yet another point of detail to this car. Could it be that i have seen it before in the Lauwman Collectie a decade or so back ? I remembered it from when i was a kid...

Quote Originally Posted by D'ARTOIS View Post
    It is a magnificient replica - but I have seen an original - 8 engine mounted. Is this an original engine?
    Are there more specifications available? I visited Bart de Vries' site but could not find any.

Hey there, It's funny cause I just googled my dad, Bart De Vries
    and I saw this forum,
    I just want to let you guys know you can just email him if you want more details about the Bucciali he built:
    [email protected]

Romy de Vries

ok I mail you

Quote Originally Posted by Romy de Vries View Post
    Hey there, It's funny cause I just googled my dad, Bart De Vries
    and I saw this forum,
    I just want to let you guys know you can just email him if you want more details about the Bucciali he built:
    [email protected]

Romy de Vries
    Awesome!
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information