Thread: Minoru

Minoru

, my 1990 Toyota Cressida. I named it in memoriam of Minoru Yamasaki, who designed the World Trade Center. I was intrigued by this car, and some research dug up that it's essentially an early Lexus with Supra guts (and, most importantly, engine). It's got impressive (but not spectacular) acceleration and performs well thanks to the RWD, but if you're wearing heavy shoes on a wet day, I'll guarentee you'll slide it. But seriously, I love this car. It's reliable, quick, comfortable, and, being an outdated luxury car (at the time of production it was Toyota's highest model, and cost around $38,000) it has plenty of features plus a few even modern cars don't have. It handles easier than any other car I've driven, and the interior is open and airy (not to mention sunroof). And please, do like I do:laugh at the automatic seatbelts, don't insult them.

Oh, and I've also got a peak of the Thunderbird in here now that it's essentially done for the season.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (506.0 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (469.4 KB, 30 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (480.3 KB, 32 views)
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

egg nogg now.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Check the Egg Nog thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    egg nogg now.
    Ass.

Nice rides Esperante. Not a fan of the modern Thunderbird but I don't think I've seen it in black, only red, blue, and silver. Whats the mileage on the Toyota? It looks nice for its age.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

They're great cars. Wasn't aware of them existing in LHD.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Ass.

Nice rides Esperante. Not a fan of the modern Thunderbird but I don't think I've seen it in black, only red, blue, and silver. Whats the mileage on the Toyota? It looks nice for its age.
    I'm about to turn 100k miles on it, but the thing is probably in just as good shape as when it came off the showroom floor.

Wait, Supra mechanicals? Does it have a manual? Is it affordable? Nice cars, by the way, how do you like the T-bird, I drove one and was shocked that it was actually quite enjoyable.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

do you know anything bout the toyota chaser?

What a strange name.....interesting reference, actually. He planned on painting the World Trade Center Towers pink to diffuse their effect on the skyline.

Still, Cressida's are hella good cars.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Damn they have green grass in Milwaukee.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Wait, Supra mechanicals?
    It was nicknamed 'the four door Supra.'
    Does it have a manual?
    Unfortunately, no. But the transmission is alright once it gets out of first.
    Is it affordable?
    Yes, but I highly doubt you'll find one in this nice condition. You can probably pick one up in decent condition for 4 or 5k.
    Nice cars, by the way, how do you like the T-bird, I drove one and was shocked that it was actually quite enjoyable.
    Yeah, same here. Sitting down in it at first makes the car feel big and looming but actually driving it it's surprisingly agile.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    What a strange name
    Heh, I name our cars based off their nationality. Minoru's the Toyota, Rita's the Jaguar, and Big Fat Stupid Tard American is the Jeep.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Damn they have green grass in Milwaukee.
    Or I just forgot to turn off my white balance.

Thank you for that information-I'm looking for a new car and now have something else to consider. I got a kick out of the Jeep's name, I guess you hate them aswell.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Love that Thunderbird. I hate it in red. It looks wicked in black. Go cruising the streets in that.

Thread Information