Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spied: FPV Force 6, Force 8.

They are on the website now...

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by FPV
    Ford Performance Vehicles introduce brute force, understated. The latest additions to the FPV range of high performance machines - the Force 6 and Force 8 luxury saloons. Both models are striking high performance cars with immense power, unique styling cues and fine luxury appointments.

The Force 6 is powered by the same engine as the F6 Typhoon - a turbo charged 24 valve six with an amazing 550 Nm of torque.

The Force 8 moves you with a 32 valve quad cam Boss V8, an engine comparable to Europe's best. The Force 8 is further enhanced with a unique FPV dual exhaust system and Boss V8 bonnet design.

Both offer the technologically advanced ZF 6 speed automatic transmission - a German gearbox design used by BMW and Aston Martin. This is an automatic that tailors its performance to your individual driving style, while shifting you, effortlessly.
    So yeah, Senator killers. They look better than the VE Senator too.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Love the look of the sedate little spoiler. Changes the attitude of the entire car, from sporty into high luxury.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Burns
    I reckon the Force 8 is just a GT-P minus the wing/stripes. They should've either got rid of the GT-P, or added a "delete wing" option IMO.
    Or even a 'delete plastic' option?

I agree, that wing might appeal to the 20-35 y/o bracket but is too over-the-top for many in the age demographic that can actually afford the car

Personally I reckon this mature new stealth look is a lot more on the money, instead of before when FPV buyers had liitle option but to parade around in an attention-seeking mobile beacon that screams "yoo hoo here I am officer, pull me over" every time you venture out into police-land

They couldn't design new bumpers? The serious just look like a GT or F6 minus a spoiler. At least the Senator has new bumpers, however wrong looking.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Or even just new wheel designs? From what I can see in those pics they're rolling on the same 19s as the GT and Typhoon.
    Prototype-X.

My point exactly, they could have made the disinction much further between the Force models and the Hi-po GT's and 'Phoons, a new set of rims and a new bumpers would have gone a treat, but nooo...
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Hands up, Who said they didn't like the coloured seats in the SSV and HSV's

Best thing they did was remove the rear wings, They look so much better and it's a shock.

Today when out i seen a Red VYII SS with no wing bloody big difference.
    It's starting too become the thing now a days minus the wing, I also will have no rear wing with my body kit. If i get it
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

lolol yer i think i can put my hand up

honestly though, im severly dissapointed with FPV this time, they had the oppurtunity to do something good to differentiate more and be a REAL senator competitor, now its just a tart GT without the rear wing, no thanx

- The line for the PS3

Alot of people have been dissapointed with the lack of differentiation. Really guys, what did you expect? FPV cant be expected to match the differentiation of the VE HSV's which are a WHOLE NEW BLOODY RANGE. When the F6 was first released with the BA2, it had the GT's bodykit. It was only BF when it recieved a MINORLY different bodykit.

Apparently the suspension will be softer than the GT and F6 to go with the cruiser image as well. If so it'd be somewhere between the XR's and Fairmont Ghia.
    I am the Stig

Its not just the VE's, the VY's, VZ's Senator to Clubsport had alot of differentiation as well, kit, interior, rims, you name it. If FPV were going for a luxury sport combo, imho, they havent pulled it off, HSV have been able to differentiate models well in the past (not to everyones taste ), and this is probably something FPV could learn from.

- The line for the PS3

Not really. From memory the most groundbreaking thing on the Senator used to be the body coloured bumper highlights rather than the silver highlights on the Clubby and GTS. HSV have a long record actually of sharing bodykits across the range.
    I am the Stig

Looking back on the VY's and VZ HSV's now, they did differentiate them much more than FPV have done now (front, rear kit, side skirt, interior to name yet the exterior changes from Clubsport to Senator), and that was oh so how many months / years ago. You would be hard pointing out a force car if you didnt see the rear end with the bootlid spoiler, whereas im pretty sure I could easily pick out a Clubsport from a senator quite easily

- The line for the PS3

Its weird but the Force 6 starts at $71 550 and the Force 8 starts at $71 950, only a $400 difference. If i am correct they will most likely sell more 8's than 6's.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Thread Information